New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Earlier this week, I had messages from Green, LibDem, Tory and Labour individuals, each one supportive of the stadium. Each one indicated that Bakerie had done an amazing job in person last week, the Heads of Terms were agreed and expect something soon (Tuesday)

The warning signs started late Tuesday with a flurry of "what the FK is Levy playing at?" messages. Lots of panic, lots of chaos.

There's two outcomes.

1) The club, The County are waiting to today to announce the HoT, with the SKY cameras in town. The LibDems info allueded to how the Leadership could come out positively, maybe there's an arrangement for this to happen today, and paint the libdems positively

2) There's shenanigans at play. What we know is Middleton, Levy and Gant are desperate to not lose face in amongst thier political and socila circles. They have all said off record that the stadium is going to get built, but they want to delay it as much as possible to keep their supporters onside - Suzie does have influence with certain very wealthy older circles.

Either way seems like the club is being used for personal benefit. Never forget this moment.

Also, if you want results, a few hundred fans outside County Hall on Saturday 3pm, that will spur a lot of panic. Mark my words. I managed to get parking resolved at Oxpens after years of fighting, by offering to have12 hockey players in kit to stand outside the City Council Chambers and be photographed. Council crapped themselves. Public visible displays work wonders.

Fantastic that we’ve got a political ITK in our ranks.

Genuine question - do you think publicly calling out and attempting to humiliate some of those responsible for guaranteeing the future of the club is helping?

You have every right to be angry, I could not get there last night but was astounded, but not surprised there was no banner about the ground. If you are getting pelters on twitter I hope it's because those pelting feel shame that they are not doing anything, let alone more to help save the club. Keep going Billy we may still win this.
While the FA Cup is a concern, it is also being addressed by the other 71 EFL clubs. I'm really disappointed in OxVox for not pushing this issue more. I've sent out 31 tweets urging people to add their support to the planning application, while in contrast, OxVox has tweeted only three times. OxVox has also tweeted about the FA Cup three times. What is the bigger issue here? if its the fa cup then say and ill start tweeting the fa because right now i feel its just a waste of time and effort

Fantastic that we’ve got a political ITK in our ranks.

Genuine question - do you think publicly calling out and attempting to humiliate some of those responsible for guaranteeing the future of the club is helping?

Do you think that not publicly calling to task those who are playing a political game with club’s future is of much use?

While the FA Cup is a concern, it is also being addressed by the other 71 EFL clubs. I'm really disappointed in OxVox for not pushing this issue more. I've sent out 31 tweets urging people to add their support to the planning application, while in contrast, OxVox has tweeted only three times. OxVox has also tweeted about the FA Cup three times. What is the bigger issue here? if its the fa cup then say and ill start tweeting the fa because right now i feel its just a waste of time and effort
Agree Billy. We need to fight our corner.

Scrapping of FA cup replays is disgraceful, but no one is fighting our corner on the stadium apart from ourselves.

Agree Billy. We need to fight our corner.

Scrapping of FA cup replays is disgraceful, but no one is fighting our corner on the stadium apart from ourselves.
And some fans, especially younger ones are sleepwalking into the abyss we are heading towards with no clue what it means. The FA Cup issue won’t be an issue in two years, because without the stadium, we don’t exist. I know which one matters to me more

There was a few attempts at getting some chants going, one had some momentum, most ended up with people looking a bit confused.

Generally I think the majority expect the stadium to happen and perhaps don't understand the risks.

Also Twitter, Nextdoor and here are such tiny bubbles of society that folks aren't well informed or particularly care.

It's not apathy more hoping someone else fixes it.

It's kind of the same situation FOSB find themselves in, they make a huge amount of noise but not many people actually care that much. People have enough s**t in their lives.

The battle will be waged at the elections, if the LibDems increase their position, it will give them huge boosts to push us back.

On the questions about going after political figures so vociferously...it's a bit like Robbo and refs. Did we get punished by refs more because Robbo whined at refs more?

My view here is that through this process I've seen that there's some nasty vile individuals who think they're better than people on less income, less well educated and less white. It's blunt but they think they're the right ones and that's why they are do goddamn dangerous.

FoSB have acknowledged the Kassam is to be used for housing in the City Council local plan. Green Party Councillor Suzanne McIvor has attempted to amend the local plan:

View attachment 19063View attachment 19064View attachment 19065View attachment 19066

I've been trying to get that message through to alot of fans and general public for the past few weeks. Now FOSB have acknowledged this and the land is to be developed and we can't just stay at the stadium , people may take notice now and act!

Even some of our fanbase I've spoken to recently believed FOSB's claim that Kassam was open to the idea of us staying.

I believe the club could of done more to get the message out to the fans and general public.

I’m with you on this Billy and so sorry there are idiots out there who have given you pelters

I am getting increasingly frustrated and annoyed that so many of our fans don’t see how close we are to going out of business.

Many of us on here have written to Councillors, rung and texted Radox, fought against FoSB on next door,attended council meetings,spoken at OCC,worked with the club (or Niall in the early days) written to the Mail and for what?

Part of me thinks Why f*****g bother.If the majority of our fans can’t be arsed why should I.

Our fan base just don’t get it, but they will be the ones shouting loudest if planning is turned down and our owners walk away.

They will look to blame all sorts of people apart from themselves.

Also,I will now say what I have felt for some time Oxvox is not fit for purpose. In our hour of need they have been found wanting. It is just not good enough.

Sorry to come over so grumpy,it’s not about last nights result,it’s about the future of the club

Last edited:
I am not sure that blaming supporters helps?
This needs a conceded campaign and Oxvox/ OUSP are best placed to organise this in my view.
Many supporters simply go and watch football and don't get involved on here or nextdoor.

I’m with you on this Billy and so sorry there are idiots out there who have given you peters

I am getting increasingly frustrated and annoyed that so many of our fans don’t see how close we are to going out of business.

Many of us on here have written to Councillors, rung and texted Radox, fought against FoSB on next door,attended council meetings,spoken at OCC,worked with the club (or Niall in the early days) written to the Mail and for what?

Part of me thinks Why f*****g bother.If the majority of our fans can’t be arsed why should I.

Our fan base just don’t get it, but they will be the ones shouting loudest if planning is turned down and our owners walk away.

They will look to blame all sorts of people apart from themselves.

Also,I will now say what I have felt for some time Oxvox is not fit for purpose. In our hour of need they have been found wanting. It is just not good enough.

Sorry to come over so grumpy,it’s not about last nights result,it’s about the future of the club
I agree, I find OxVox have been found seriously wanting. I tweeted them a reply yesterday regarding the FA Cup protest banner, asking whether they were planning something similar against the council/stadium issue. All they replied with was. ‘Covered’ wtf does that mean.

Anyone else heard this rumour? I do hope the club's lawyers are ready if so. This could get messy.

Cllr Levy is an ex director and supporter of Stockport County Football Club, who are likely to be in the same league as OUFC next season. Any decision he is involved with that negatively impacts OUFC will inevitably benefit rival clubs, ie SCFC.

It’s a clear conflict of interest. He should be removed from any OCC decision making regarding the new stadium.

Earlier this week, I had messages from Green, LibDem, Tory and Labour individuals, each one supportive of the stadium. Each one indicated that Bakerie had done an amazing job in person last week, the Heads of Terms were agreed and expect something soon (Tuesday)

The warning signs started late Tuesday with a flurry of "what the FK is Levy playing at?" messages. Lots of panic, lots of chaos.

There's two outcomes.

1) The club, The County are waiting to today to announce the HoT, with the SKY cameras in town. The LibDems info allueded to how the Leadership could come out positively, maybe there's an arrangement for this to happen today, and paint the libdems positively

2) There's shenanigans at play. What we know is Middleton, Levy and Gant are desperate to not lose face in amongst thier political and socila circles. They have all said off record that the stadium is going to get built, but they want to delay it as much as possible to keep their supporters onside - Suzie does have influence with certain very wealthy older circles.

Either way seems like the club is being used for personal benefit. Never forget this moment.

Also, if you want results, a few hundred fans outside County Hall on Saturday 3pm, that will spur a lot of panic. Mark my words. I managed to get parking resolved at Oxpens after years of fighting, by offering to have12 hockey players in kit to stand outside the City Council Chambers and be photographed. Council crapped themselves. Public visible displays work wonders.
Swiss yellow you did suggest here that the HoT are likely to be signed soon ( Tuesday). Is this still on?

Apparently Littlemore and Blackbird Leys are areas of severe deprivation according to that. That's probably why they feel it appropriate to host football fans.

Tge leisure facilities will stay as long as they're profitable for Kassam, its just the stadium they want to build on.

Snobbery and elitism.

This is exactly my suspicion. The wealthy and/or politically connected within Oxfordshire think we are exactly where we should be. Keep the football stadium where it is, next to the sewage plant in one of the most under-funded and deprived parts of the county. Scummy sport for scummy people

And far away from all the lovely greenery, tourism, travel links, university stuff and twee Harry Potter bullsh*t. They can’t have those slovenly heathen football fans anywhere near any of it.

I am not sure that blaming supporters helps?
This needs a conceded campaign and Oxvox/ OUSP are best placed to organise this in my view.
Many supporters simply go and watch football and don't get involved on here or nextdoor.

But both those organisations are keeping quiet on the matter. That's why councillors believe they can walk all over us.

Time for action before it's too late.

Well I've decided to ask Gant and Levy on twitter if they are starting a PR campaign against the stadium and the supporters.

Would have asked Middleton too but he blocked me ages ago

Back
Top Bottom