New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Regarding fans not submitting their support to the stadium on the council planning portal; could the club offer a chance to win one of, say, 10 free tickets (vs Peterborough), if fans clicked a QR code and filled in the forms?

I am at a total loss to understand WHY the Green party have somebody like Middleton representing them.
The damage he must have done them with his behaviour ( should an elected politician be banned twice from the local forum due to his comments?).
Being as anti to the greenest stadium in the country ( by definition encouraging more people to drive to the Kassam), is to me extraordinary hypocrisy.
They will lose the argument and he will have damaged the Green Party at the same time ( and the LibDems by association)
The stadium proposal fits Green Party policies and even fits into Ian Middletons personal beliefs as stated on his own profile pages. There is therefore absolutely no political reason for him to be against the stadium, we know it purely comes down to him living nearby and not being a football fan. He is an absolute disaster for the Green Party.

It's obvious why the green party is so popular in Kidlington.. the house's with vote green poster's & placards in ,are not your stereotypical new age traveller, canal boat people. They've got 2 or 3 4x 4s in the garden, none of your rainbow flags & cnd poster in their windows etc etc .
It's because of classic nimbyism, no houses no football stadium near me...

These are the wards up for election on Thursday 2nd May 2024 in Cherwell District Council and West Oxfordshire District Council respectively.

I have listed the previous result (first two parties) in that particular ward.

C.D.C

Adderbury, Bloxham & Bodicote LD / CON

Banbury Calthorpe & Easington LAB / CON

Banbury Cross & Nelthorpe LAB / CON

Banbury Grimsby & Hightown LAB / CON

Banbury Hardwick LAB / CON

Banbury Ruscote LAB / CON

Bicester East GREEN / CON

Bicester North & Caversfield LD / CON

Bicester South & Ambroseden LD / CON

Bicester West IND / CON

Cropredy, Sibfords & Wroxton CON / LD (No Green candidate standing) *

Deddington CON / LAB

Fringford & Heyfords CON / LD

Kidlington East GREEN / CON

Kidlington West LD / CON **

Launton & Otmoor LD / CON **

* No Green Candidate standing this time, previously Vicky Campbell stood for the Greens.
** Green Candidate standing this time, previously no green candidate stood.

Conclusion;

Banbury appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative.

Conservatives are the best placed party to beat the LibDems and the Greens in all the other wards.

Last time out an independent won Bicester West with Conservative next. The same ward has another independent standing this time. Views on stadium need clarification.

W.O.D.C.

Chadlington & Churchill CON / LD

Chalbury & Finstock LD / CON

Chipping Norton LAB / CON

Eynsham & Cassington LD / CON

Freeland & Hanborough LD / CON

Hailey, Minster Lovell & Leafield CON LD

Kingham , Rollright & Enstone CON / GREEN (No LD Candidate)

Milton U Wychwood CON / LD

North Leigh CON / LAB

Standlake, Aston & Stanto Harcourt CON / LD

Stonesfield & Tackley LD / CON (LD candidate Gareth Epps supportive of stadium)

Witney Central LAB / CON

Witney East LAB / CON

Witney North GREEN / IND / CON ( No LD candidate last time, but there is this time, & no Ind candidate this time)

Witney South LAB / CON

Witney West CON / LAB

Woodstock & Bladon LD / CON (Con candidate is Ian Hudspeth, known OUFC fan)

Conclusion;

Like Banbury, Witney, Chipping Norton and North Leigh appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative, apart from Witney North.

Conservatives are the best placed party to beat the LibDems and the Greens in all the other wards.

Witney North; Greens won last time out, but LDs did not stand.

LibDems not fielding a candidate in Kingham.

Hopefully I’ve got that all correct, please feel free to put me right!
If you live in any of these places it’s worth getting in touch with your local candidates, even if it seems well out of their area. My mum lives in Cropredy, Sibfords & Wroxton and has written to the Conservative candidate lots of times throughout this process. The councillor there is also currently the Chairman of the CDC Planning Committee. Although it’s well out of his concern for impacting his immediate local area he’s well aware how strongly Oxfordshire feels about the club.

Last edited:
If you live in any of these places it’s worth getting in touch with your local candidates, even if it seems well out of their area. My mum lives in Cropredy, Sibfords & Wroxton and has written to the Conservative candidate lots of times throughout this process. The councillor there is also currently the Chairman of the CDC Planning Committee. Although it’s well out of his concern for impacting his local district he’s well aware how strongly Oxfordshire feels about the club.

Absolutely. This is very much an Oxfordshire issue. Contact your local candidates by email to clarify their position on the stadium, better to have a written commitment one way or the other, rather than a doorstep one.

Remember the local elections in Cherwell and WestOxon are this Thursday 2nd May.

Absolutely. This is very much an Oxfordshire issue. Contact your local candidates by email to clarify their position on the stadium, better to have a written commitment one way or the other, rather than a doorstep one.

Remember the local elections in Cherwell and WestOxon are this Thursday 2nd May.
and in Oxford City too... Ive emailed the sitting Lib Dem councillor ( who apparently occasionally still goes to OUFC home games, and went regularly to home games at the Manor- she supports the stadium bid/project) also emailed the prospective Lab candidate( who is also supportive of the stadium bid ) in the ward I live in , in Oxford City

Last edited:
Yes, I was sent a copy of it by a friend who'd seen it on Twitter.

It was a post I made last August, where I questioned whether the leaders of the anti stadium "movement" (I'm not really sure what to call them?) were aware of how some supporters would feel about them if they ended up being responsible for the death of the club. I was VERY clear that it was not a threat and said exactly that. However he screenshot it and claimed he'd been to the police. Nine months later I'm still at large and a free man, but glad to know I'm living rent free in his head.
IMG_2398.jpeg

1) interesting they mention that not all OUFC supporters are in favour. Because saying "I'm an OUFC fan" doesn't make you a fan - anyone can say that and i suspect a bit of smoke and mirrors at play there. Also interesting they paint the "OUFC fans" against as "brave" - sharing notes with Middleton again suggesting "reprisals"

2) Chiltern Railways are firmly in favour but require a bit of extra funding so no idea why they've mentioned that.

3) no mention of the grand total of support to objections.

4) New Zealand?!

5) Kidlington Development Watch basically fund FoSB.

6) the threatening letter, any mention? Didn't think so.

I'd love to know what they mean by people being brave for speaking out against the stadium. Last time I checked I was only aware of one threatening letter that was sent to someones house and that was from someone who was against the stadium threatening a OUFC fan.

They also had the perfect opportunity in this little 'press release', to remind their 'large' following of how one should conduct themselves through this process and not to send any hatred or threatening letters/comments towards people with a different opinion to themselves. It appears they didn't feel the need to do so.

Back
Top Bottom