New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

A guy called Alsn Bates posted the following in Nextdoor

Alan Bates

St Margaret's

2h
Only a moronic game where over-paid louts kick a ball about

????

Well I'm disappointed they didn't mention a "pig's bladder" instead of "ball" and then they'd have allowed us to call "Bingo".

So, if you came from Mars and were told about the parties in UK politics.
Then you read the below, which party would you suggest is the one party who would be least likely to totally oppose a new stadium , killing a well loved football club.

Would anybody suggest the green party?

The community collaboration agreement formalises the club’s commitment to social, environmental and economic benefits for the community, as outlined in the seven strategic priorities set by the council.

The strategic priorities include improving public transport and achieving a net-zero development. Oxford United has also committed to the production of a Net Zero Plan in line with the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework.

Hopefully Cllr Miller didn't mean this type of stadium:

With regards to Cllr Miller's what type of stadium comment, it should be exactly as is proposed now. No more amendments, no more consulting, no more delay.

Oh the saltiness of those Boro fans. Show some f*****g class you losers!!!

Then you read the below, which party would you suggest is the one party who would be least likely to totally oppose a new stadium , killing a well loved football club.

The community collaboration agreement formalises the club’s commitment to social, environmental and economic benefits for the community, as outlined in the seven strategic priorities set by the council.

The strategic priorities include improving public transport and achieving a net-zero development. Oxford United has also committed to the production of a Net Zero Plan in line with the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework.

Foley

Many, many Greens are Marxist-Leninists aka Communists.

They despise growth, prosperity , consumerism and the capitalist society.

Green lunatic Natalie Bennett - who now sits in the Lords as a Baroness (i know you couldn’t make it up) - was suggesting this morning that people should only enjoy barbecues on very special, limited occasions because of the ‘enormous, terrible environmental effects’.

Foley

Many, many Greens are Marxist-Leninists aka Communists.

They despise growth, prosperity , consumerism and the capitalist society.

Green lunatic Natalie Bennett - who now sits in the Lords as a Baroness (i know you couldn’t make it up) - was suggesting this morning that people should only enjoy barbecues on very special, limited occasions because of the ‘enormous, terrible environmental effects’.
What are her thoughts on members of her party selling diamonds and owning two homes?

So while the good news was slipping out of occ they also slipped this news out

Makes me laugh when they say there is no physical barriers your just have to use another route

Yet we want to close a road for 30 minutes and it's hell on earth

If it hasn’t already been suggested (and isn’t obvious), we’ll need to be on our best behaviour in and around Kidlington on the 18th. FOSB will be ready to pounce on anything they can spin as anti-social.

Should we also (through @OUSP, perhaps?) have some sort of proactive comms strategy alongside the club to explain that because there are no trains to Wembley from Oxford, Bicester etc. that more people will likely be going to Wembley from Oxford parkway than will attend a match at the triangle, so parking, volume of people on the day, etc. *will not* be representative of a normal Saturday.

Can I also suggest that people use public transport to get to Oxford Parkway if at all possible to minimise the impact of traffic on the day?

We need to give them absolutely zero reason or chance to use this match as an example of why the stadium should be there.
I agree absolutely

But the greenest stadium in the country will be near their houses.

So while the good news was slipping out of occ they also slipped this news out

Makes me laugh when they say there is no physical barriers your just have to use another route

Yet we want to close a road for 30 minutes and it's hell on earth

This is what it says on the above Oxfordshire gov website about traffic filters.
  • reduce traffic
  • make bus journeys faster
  • allow for new and improved bus routes
  • make walking and cycling safer
  • reduce local air pollution
  • improve the health and wellbeing of our communities
Reckon a partial road closure for private vehicles for 20 mins and a small 3 minute diversion via the underused Frieze Way ticks a lot of those boxes.

What are her thoughts on members of her party selling diamonds and owning two homes?

Not just blood diamonds, but the mining of lots of other gemstones such as rubies, sapphires, topaz, tanzanites etc, etc, as well as the mining of precious metals gold, silver and platinum in poor and politically unstable parts of the world have a hugely negative impact on the environment, as well as being extremely exploitive of the local population.

Lot of imported tat from China and South America too that blatantly rips off Georg Jensen and Tiffany designs.

It’s a pretty nasty business to be involved in and making money from.

Not at all ‘green’.

Been out most of the day seeing to my 93 year old father who is very frail and can’t cook for himself any more so I have been reading all these excellent posts and a superb post from @Scotchegg about applauding those who have made this happen and quite rightly so.
However one of the persons mentioned Niall McWilliams has now retired from OUFC and now attends as a fan. Niall over the last 4 years or so has worked tirelessly to help OUFC achieve these targets.
So thank you Niall McWilliams for all your hard work and now enjoy your well deserved retirement.

Back
Top Bottom