New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Just been reading Kidlington Development Watch's objection, which is quite amusing. Aside from the bingo, this comment caught my eye.
  • Closeness to the Railway Station is not relevant as travel by train would not be suitable for the overwhelming majority of home or away supporters.
Quite why would a rail journey "not be suitable for the overwhelming majority"?

I hope they enjoying watching the development anyway.

The sort of people FOSB attracts wouldn’t P**s on you if you were on fire, let alone lend you a fiver.

The sort of people OUFC attracts would P**s on you and let you keep a tenner.

Just a different class of person.
Yeah! Hang on. What?

Last edited:
Surely counter terrorism is the responsibility of the police themselves, not OUFC?

Job lot of balaclavas with a stone island badge on, the lanyards from the unsold commemorative tickets tied together and a load of volunteer fans and you have yourself a very out of shape, knock off SAS ready to recreate the Iranian embassy siege.

This has been on the planning portal since 1st of may
So why now Oxford mail when the club and it's supporters are riding on a crest of a wave

I sent an email in to OxVox around the time of the FF to ask about the club’s relationship with the OM. The back pages remain very supportive of the club and Liam Rice writes pieces that evidently support OUFC.

The front pages are less balanced however. I know that the OM has to offer the ‘alternative’ view at times but what’s the point of this article? It refers to comments than have been made weeks ago and just quotes verbatim what TVP said in their comments. It’s not a story, really.

If the OM want to sever their ties with OUFC, that’s their choice. I hope OxVox can get a response from the club regarding this. The reporting is garbage.

Surely counter terrorism is the responsibility of the police themselves, not OUFC?
Basically it's minor stuff what the mail fails to say most of it is about the new traffic modeling that's being done now

The terrorism part is how you going to stop a car driving in to a crowd of people

More significantly how much out do the TVP have when it comes to planning applications?

I'm fully expecting our terrorism expert Steve to pop up in a minute
Yep you can imagine the start of his conversation……” when I was in the 22 air battalion before I joined the special forces on £500 a day “ £500 35 years ago

We have to remember that the Oxford Mail are almost entirely funded through subscriptions and adverts. The more controversial the article, the more clicks it gets and the more money it generates. I've said it before but if as a fan base we collectively ignored every negative article but clicked the s**t out of every positive article then the tables would turn.

It's frustrating seeing this rubbish, but whilst Steve Hill and Middleton will be dancing a little jig over this, we are going to turn Wembley yellow in a few days and we're well on the way to securing planning with all seven strategic priorities met or on target to be met.

Basically it's minor stuff what the mail fails to say most of it is about the new traffic modeling that's being done now

The terrorism part is how you going to stop a car driving in to a crowd of people
How would you stop that at any stadium location with some vehicular access? What an odd statement.

Back
Top Bottom