New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Left my feedback on the consultation page. Section 16 which asks 'Is there anything you don't like'. My response was as below:

I am not too keen on the blue cladding material shown on the hotel façade. It looks a little too shipping container like for my taste. A couple of friends who I've shared images with have also mentioned this which suggests it could be a turn off for potential supporters. I think it would definitely be worthwhile exploring various alternative materials for the external skin. Such as brickwork, possibly nice clean 'Oxford style' sandstone (similar style to what is shown on the archway). Another alternative could be a timber cladding, which would look amazing whilst also having that sustainability edge over some other materials.

It would also be worth liaising with Chiltern Railways to potentially construct footways either side of the rail line to go under the Oxford road bridge which could be stepped up to the western side of the Oxford road. If possible this could alleviate the concerns of some due to the lack of a foot bridge, whilst allowing for minimal closure needed on the Oxford road.

Tried to keep it positive with some constructive criticism.

We cannot water down the importance of the women's team playing at the stadium. This is so crucial to expand the usage and get more people involved. Having learned of a situation at another EFL club a few weeks ago who decided that the reason why the men's team were playing rubbish was because the women's team were scuffing up the turf when they played at their home ground, with the women's team then booted out of the ground and having to find somewhere else to play, the OUFC women's team must be as big a part of this stadium plan as the men's team and we should be pushing this PR big time.
100%

We can't hide behind the "it will only be a couple of hours every other week" line, while pushing the "One Club" mentality as a key reason behind us needing a new ground.

Went along to the exhibition tonight and the one thing that stood out to me (apart from the stadium) on the proposed plans is what I believe would be a serious clincher for OUFC - The Chiltern rail extension at Cowley. If this actually came to fruition within the next 2 years this would give our B/Leys, Littlemore and Sandford brothers and sisters a tremendous direct rail link to Oxford parkway and then just a short hop, step and jump through the arch and into the new stadium.

COYY'S

Went along to the exhibition tonight and the one thing that stood out to me (apart from the stadium) on the proposed plans is what I believe would be a serious clincher for OUFC - The Chiltern rail extension at Cowley. If this actually came to fruition within the next 2 years this would give our B/Leys, Littlemore and Sandford brothers and sisters a tremendous direct rail link to Oxford parkway and then just a short hop, step and jump through the arch and into the new stadium.

COYY'S
I understand this will be opening

Yep,was discussing this with some friends this week.All live bbl/greater leys.This is a very big oufc supporters base,but,most of them walk to the kass.The rail link in my opinion is imperative to the whole stadium project.
Must be a shame for BBL and GL based fans, even if they know it has to happen.

COYY'S
That would be so great for me. The new ground will be a lot further for me, you know!

If the stadium is zero plastic, what is the sports bar going to serve our pints of Fosters/Strongbow in on match days? Paper cups? Intrigued to see how they get around that one. Also intrigued to see how long before Middleton reads this and try’s to spin it.

That’s the half time entertainment sorted then!
Sometimes when I’m walking around Kingsmere looking in people’s living room windows I also notice people having sex over at the Premier Inn, and to be honest it’s unnerving and puts a real dampener on the outing.

I would hope that the hotel at the stadium will have heavily tinted windows to avoid this. The last thing I want when I’m sniffing other people’s seats at half time is to be able to see that sort of smut.

Back
Top Bottom