New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Members of OUSP will be around the main South Stand today between around 1:30-2:30 to encourage fans to respond. We'll have QR codes available to scan. Send people our direction or drop by yourself, say hello and grab a QR code to share it with the people who sit by you.
Can the QR code be posted up on here so it can be copied?

looking at what sky is doing from next season might be best to stay in league one games will be kicking off at all sorts of time ifollow is being chucked because of it so i could be wrong but i think our overseas supporters wont be able to watch any games
I think (f@@king hope) you’re wrong. Ifollow will still be there for domestic audio and international audio/vis.

I clicked the link to see that the second most read story is someone waited 40 minutes to see an ex actor…….Whatever is wrong with readers of this trash publication?
what!!! not the bloke who attacked his wife with a rampant rabbit

Well I was wrong they did print it

Of course Middleton had to pop up with a quote of congratulations on his view
Didn't ask anyone else just took quotes from twitter

But can I claim I was right anti stadium story and release of fosb objection at the same time.
I am a conspiracy theories we know gant and fosb are in bed together we could argue this has been coordinated together

Its behind a paywall, what does it say?

For those not reading on phones etc

The county's highways chief has been accused of hypocrisy after objecting to the temporary closure of a key road near the site of Oxford United's planned football stadium.

The club hopes to build a 16,000-capacity stadium at a site called The Triangle in Kidlington, allowing it to leave its current home at the Kassam Stadium, the lease on which expires in 2026.
The club is proposing that Oxford Road – the route linking Kidlington and Oxford – is shut to cars for at least 30 minutes at the beginning and end of matches.

Yet Andrew Gant, cabinet member for transport management, has voiced his concerns over the plan to Cherwell District Council.

In a letter, shared with the Oxford Mail, Mr Gant wrote: "I do not believe the travel plan as submitted can be considered acceptable. This response should be read as a formal objection."

Highlighting Mr Gant's reservations over the bid, Conservative opposition councillor Liam Walker said: "What a complete hypocrite.

"He's championed closing down roads in parts of Oxford with LTNs (low traffic neighbourhoods) and new bus gates, but as soon as something might slightly impact residents in his own area he comes out against it.

Oxford Mail
The county's highways chief has been accused of hypocrisy after objecting to the temporary closure of a key road near the site of Oxford United's planned football stadium.

The club hopes to build a 16,000-capacity stadium at a site called The Triangle in Kidlington, allowing it to leave its current home at the Kassam Stadium, the lease on which expires in 2026.
The club is proposing that Oxford Road – the route linking Kidlington and Oxford – is shut to cars for at least 30 minutes at the beginning and end of matches.

outbrain

gen_204

Yet Andrew Gant, cabinet member for transport management, has voiced his concerns over the plan to Cherwell District Council.
In a letter, shared with the Oxford Mail, Mr Gant wrote: "I do not believe the travel plan as submitted can be considered acceptable. This response should be read as a formal objection."

Highlighting Mr Gant's reservations over the bid, Conservative opposition councillor Liam Walker said: "What a complete hypocrite.
"He's championed closing down roads in parts of Oxford with LTNs (low traffic neighbourhoods) and new bus gates, but as soon as something might slightly impact residents in his own area he comes out against it.

"My understanding is that it was his own highways department that called for the road to be closed along with Thames Valley Police.
"Anyone who has been to a sporting event knows you cannot safely empty a stadium in that location without the need to safely close the road."
LTNs prevent motorists taking shortcuts through residential areas and are intended to make streets safer for walking and cycling.

Those opposed say businesses have been adversely affected and they have pushed congestion elsewhere.
Richard Parnham, of the Reconnecting Oxford group, said: "I thought Andrew Gant was in favour of people not driving to places, but now he's worried people are not going to be able to get to the Sainsbury's on Oxford Road.
"The minute it affects his constituents he complains about it.
Ian Yeatman, an Independent Oxford Alliance councillor candidate for the Cowley ward added: "The hypocrisy displayed by councillor Gant is unbelievable."

Kidlington councillor Ian Middleton, however, congratulated Mr Gant on his position.

Mr Middleton said: "I think Andrew is taking the view, as I did, that he needs to represent his local residents.

"It's perfectly right that Andrew should be speaking up for his residents and I'm quite pleased to hear that he's decided to do that."

The Green councillor added the road closures in east Oxford were for "completely different reasons" and on small side roads rather than major roads.

He added: "There are lots of problems with these proposals.

"Closing the Oxford Road for any length of time is going to cause tailbacks in both directions.

"We could end up with gridlock."

Oxfordshire County Council and Mr Gant have been contacted for comment.

Mr Gant's letter said: "The proposal to close Oxford Road to cars for at least 30 minutes at the beginning and end of matches would represent a significant and unacceptable loss of amenity to residents of my division and many others.

"Oxford Road is a key and well-used route allowing residents of the Cutteslowe, Five Mile Drive, Summertown and other areas access by vehicle to local amenities such as Sainsbury's, sport and leisure facilities in Kidlington and many others."

When is the next County Council meeting? - cant a protest of sorts - re delays to HoT ? be organised by @OxVox & @OUSP a decent turn out outside County Hall may get things moving regarding HoT agreement?

Oxford Mail

outbrain

gen_204

"My understanding is that it was his own highways department that called for the road to be closed along with Thames Valley Police.
"Anyone who has been to a sporting event knows you cannot safely empty a stadium in that location without the need to safely close the road."
LTNs prevent motorists taking shortcuts through residential areas and are intended to make streets safer for walking and cycling.

Those opposed say businesses have been adversely affected and they have pushed congestion elsewhere.
Richard Parnham, of the Reconnecting Oxford group, said: "I thought Andrew Gant was in favour of people not driving to places, but now he's worried people are not going to be able to get to the Sainsbury's on Oxford Road.
Ian Yeatman, an Independent Oxford Alliance councillor candidate for the Cowley ward added: "The hypocrisy displayed by councillor Gant is unbelievable."

Kidlington councillor Ian Middleton, however, congratulated Mr Gant on his position.

Mr Middleton said: "I think Andrew is taking the view, as I did, that he needs to represent his local residents.

"It's perfectly right that Andrew should be speaking up for his residents and I'm quite pleased to hear that he's decided to do that."

The Green councillor added the road closures in east Oxford were for "completely different reasons" and on small side roads rather than major roads.

"Closing the Oxford Road for any length of time is going to cause tailbacks in both directions.

Mr Gant's letter said: "The proposal to close Oxford Road to cars for at least 30 minutes at the beginning and end of matches would represent a significant and unacceptable loss of amenity to residents of my division and many others.

"Oxford Road is a key and well-used route allowing residents of the Cutteslowe, Five Mile Drive, Summertown and other areas access by vehicle to local amenities such as Sainsbury's, sport and leisure facilities in Kidlington and many others."
FuckingChester V all over it like a bad suit

Oxford Mail

outbrain

gen_204

I saw a post in which Middleton called a fan hysterical for suggesting the Greens and LibDem's were working together to stop the stadium and here they are congratulating each other in the press!

When is the next County Council meeting? - cant a protest of sorts - re delays to HoT ? be organised by @OxVox & @OUSP a decent turn out outside County Hall may get things moving regarding HoT agreement?
Have a listen to BBC Oxford dub or no doubt they re play to day before the game I think hot will be signed very soon by the sounds of it

I saw a post in which Middleton called a fan hysterical for suggesting the Greens and LibDem's were working together to stop the stadium and here they are congratulating each other in the press!
He threatened me with legal action for suggesting it then we have this drop today
His area his 2 councils his wife on the planning committee
Same sort of thing they are using on the stadium delays delays delays

Back
Top Bottom