New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Why you would want to cycle ,with the LTN's it's a night mare..Road Rage City..

650 cycle spaces? Blimey, is that many really needed? That's 4% of a capacity crowd. As much as I think a lot will change from driving, I'm not sure that many are needed. Do we have stats on how many are at the current ground, and how much they are used?
quote from planning
In addition to the stadium and ancillary uses, the development will incorporate a total of 184 car parking spaces, split between accessible parking (78), standard parking allocation (104), coach bays (2) and motorcycle spaces. The site will also include capacity to secure 150 bikes. The remaining requirement (max. 495) will be available for use at Oxford Parkway Park and Ride. The Travel Plan will monitor cycle parking demand and will investigate locations for further cycle parking, if necessary.

The ones at the current ground are scruffy and don’t feel secure, plus a scrote nicked my lights from there, so I don’t use them. People would use good quality cycle spaces, though not all 650 straight away.
because that was the requirement back in 1997

quote from planning
In addition to the stadium and ancillary uses, the development will incorporate a total of 184 car parking spaces, split between accessible parking (78), standard parking allocation (104), coach bays (2) and motorcycle spaces. The site will also include capacity to secure 150 bikes. The remaining requirement (max. 495) will be available for use at Oxford Parkway Park and Ride. The Travel Plan will monitor cycle parking demand and will investigate locations for further cycle parking, if necessary.
Alongside the safe standing section have a safe biking section. Supporters can cycle, providing further wellbeing and health benefits, whilst watching the game. Problem solved. I should be on that OUFC planning group, I'm wasted on here.

I do worry that if there was a nuclear weapons attack that getting away on pushbikes might not be quick enough

Just seen it. Front page of the website too.

It's utterly pathetic.
I'm annoyed with myself as I'd stopped myself from even looking at their website. I must increase my determination to avoid it like the plague!

Another pathetic story in the OM about anti-social behavior at games. I'd love to know which little bastard the anti's have got at that paper.

Another thing that won't be forgotten.
That is just a rehash of the email the club sent out this morning.

The ones at the current ground are scruffy and don’t feel secure, plus a scrote nicked my lights from there, so I don’t use them. People would use good quality cycle spaces, though not all 650 straight away.

As someone who has cycled to home games, I can vouch for this. I've attached a Google Street View screengrab of the 'bike parking provisions' below which are on the corner of the East and North Stands. I think the lone, locked up wheel sums up the security of those 'bike racks' there.

One of my comments to the designers was to ensure that any bike racks were undercover. I believe they weren't when the initial visuals were released and it is important that they are.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 23
The OCC response objecting on grounds of the traffic modelling was removed but, has been replaced. The document appears to have had some editing but not much seems to have changed. This is the section which deals with the cycle parking requirements, down from 650 to 645 - no idea why that would have changed but, still really weird that they demand that many spaces.

• All cycle parking must be provided in accordance with County Council standards. It will not be acceptable to monitor the need for cycle parking through the travel plan and provide spaces later, so an objection will be raised unless a solution is identified. A minimum of 645 spaces are required, only 150 spaces are proposed at the stadium in the current application plans which is well below that number and no plans have been provided showing the form of these spaces which will need to be covered, secure and accessible. The existing cycle parking spaces at Oxford Parkway cannot be counted towards the requirement for the stadium as these are for the station. A new Cycle Hub at Parkway (similar to that at Didcot Parkway) should be provided but is unlikely to be big enough for the almost 500 spaces the club still need to find. There is space available for this next to the P&R building on Parkway, but a plan must be submitted showing this.

650 cycle spaces? Blimey, is that many really needed? That's 4% of a capacity crowd. As much as I think a lot will change from driving, I'm not sure that many are needed. Do we have stats on how many are at the current ground, and how much they are used?
I guess that the club are arguing that a high % of thr crowd will go by public transport and won't drive.
FOSB are going to try and get all of Kidlington to become OUFC supporters so maybe not so far out.

I always wish they'd be more specific in those articles. It's all very vague.

Tell us exactly what the issue is. What is 'offensive language'? Swearing?

Back
Top Bottom