New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

That's an insult to irritable spoilt children!

McIvor in particular has a terrible reputation in political circles. A freedom of information request is known as "a McIvor" apparently.
Yup, the McIvor. Council officers really don't have a kind word.

The other one from a Green member she said "Middleton thinks he's a maverick but actually he's just ick"

Made me giggle for ages

I take the time to read through each batch of responses that appear on the planning portal. I skim read most of them, due to the sheer volume, but pay particular attention to those from OX5 and OX2, and to those objecting and there are a few things that I've noticed (about the objectors).

Their writing style is often so arrogant and pompous. They refer to us as thugs and louts (yes, these words have been used) and often refer to the unruly, and drunken, behaviour that they are so sure is going to happen. They call the club liars, and almost to a man (although the majority of objectors seem to be female) repeat the FOSB mantra that we can stay at The Kassam. They dismiss out of hand that fans will use the public transport network, claiming that there is no evidence, and obviously thinking that they know best.

There are too many inaccuracies to mention, but one that keeps popping up is that there will be 580 events a year, meaning 580 road closures. A few have even said that there will be 580 events of 16,000 people each time, and some have increased the stadium capacity to 18,000 or 19,000 to make it seem worse. They often mention intolerable noise from the concerts that they are sure will happen, even though the club have said they won't. There is frequent mention of the "foreign owners" and that they will obviously create a Kassam Stadium Mark II situation, and they often refer to us as a bankrupt football club that is going to leave a half finished shell of a stadium on the site. They keep referencing that all of our support is from East Oxford and that we don't belong in their area. Oh, and the way they refer to Kidligton as some quaint Cotswold village is laughable.

Overall, I find myself veering from apocalyptically angry to totally dispirited when reading their responses, and what they think of us. But my heart is lifted by the huge number of supportive comments on the portal, that far exceed these small minded NIMBYS.

I had a conversation with someone very close to the project yesterday, who is extremely confident that it will get the go ahead. More than ever I look forward to shutting some of these "vinegary" people up once the stadium is built.
That’s very belligerent of them hopefully the CDC planning group will see this.

A genuine question to anybody who knows how these things work.
Does this matter at all now? Are KPC relevant after their pretty odd behaviour throughout the whole process ( letting the people of Kidlington down on my view)?
Are they n9w out of the equation after the huge majority for the stadium?

Their letter will be meaningless in deciding this planning application.

I believe it will.

I don’t believe it will be ready by 2026 though. What happens after we leave the Kassam and the new stadium is ready is a concern to me.
Hoping there is a possibility we can play in before it’s finished but I might be delusional? Would we want to?

I believe it will.

I don’t believe it will be ready by 2026 though. What happens after we leave the Kassam and the new stadium is ready is a concern to me.
I also believe it will.

But I can forsee a partial opening. Remember what Old Trafford looked like on the TV in the mid 90s?

Yup, the McIvor. Council officers really don't have a kind word.

The other one from a Green member she said "Middleton thinks he's a maverick but actually he's just ick"

Made me giggle for ages

And people wonder why Councils' struggle for resources. It isn't only reduction of income but unnecessary additional costs like this. Absolutely, transparency is vital and Freedom of Information requests are a key part of that. But getting to the point of the action being named after you suggests plenty of frivolous requests causing a waste of resources (which will have a financial cost attached) that could be better used elsewhere.

I believe it will.

Me too. I think it will be ready for 26/27 season. I dread to think what state Kasstad will be in by then. Certainly won't be in a fit state for Championship. Adams Park would also be struggling at that level and not big enough. Reading?

Me too. I think it will be ready for 26/27 season. I dread to think what state Kasstad will be in by then. Certainly won't be in a fit state for Championship. Adams Park would also be struggling at that level and not big enough. Reading?

The Kassam licence expires may 2026. So we won't need the new stadium until the start of the 26/27 season. 2 years 2 months it's still doable in my opinion .

Shame that you didn't spot that earlier (or my apologies if you did and I didn't see it) as that is the type of comment that should be on any submission of support where green belt building is raised - the planning officer could not fail to give that policy "weight" and therefore give less "weight" to any objection on the ground of "loss of green belt".
It's still open pop it in a comment many objectors have posted 2 or 3 times one even don't exist in Kidlington despite giving a Kidlington address

Interesting.

People have been telling Vicky Campbell that on facebook but she "doesn't believe that interpretation of the license agreement"
That is Vicky Middleton and fosb one argument they "can stay at the kassam"

Lets look at this 63 councillors sit on occ council yet just the one person Middleton says we can stay at the kassam

How come Gant miller and levy the main players in occ and also all 3 have objected to the planning application yet none of those 3 have come out and said they can stay.

That is Vicky Middleton and fosb one argument they "can stay at the kassam"

Lets look at this 63 councillors sit on occ council yet just the one person Middleton says we can stay at the kassam

How come Gant miller and levy the main players in occ and also all 3 have objected to the planning application yet none of those 3 have come out and said they can stay.
You're interpreting the lease the wrong way! Here's an Oxford Mail article with no context! Here's an email that doesn't explain anything!

That is her argument. It's pathetic.

They played for a few months at Doncaster I think?

You could be right there. That could also be an option to temporary play at Wycombe for a few games.

I would rather we moved into a finished stadium that we can finally be proud off and call our forever home.

Back
Top Bottom