Tickets Pompey Away - Tickets on Sale

I know we have been poor and our fans have the right to say enough is enough but have we really had the chance to actually have enough tickets for this particular match?

We were given 1400 tickets to sell with an apparent 600 extra to bring forward on selling out.

However, somebody mentioned that under 200 were left on Saturday whether this was lunchtime or after the match, but surely these would have been halved to around a 100 before K.O rather than fans purchasing them after the poor result.

Nevertheless, with the general sale coming in tomorrow at 11 am who the heck has made the decision to 'maybe' sell just the remaining dregs and give the ok to pompey to have and sell our next allocation??? Is this again a k*ssam style Arsenal bottle out job (money costs if we don't sell out) and our ticketing maestros have made the assumption that as the team and the feel good factor are in a collapsing nature atm - no one outside of the never say never ST holders of which I am will want to go to the pom poms on the back of the general apathy the club seems to be shrouded in judging by the tweets, media and the forum going about.

If they have said no to the extra 600 I'd love to have the analytical figures to just how many non season ticket holders will actually call or go on line to purchase a ticket from 11 am tomorrow right through to Friday.

To me it seems that this decision was taken on the back of Saturday's sh*t result.

To me it seems we've caved.

Its a sad day when in 6th place the club are satisfied that we apparently won't sell anymore.

It's hard to say atm COYY'S.

Last edited:
Definitely in my Top 3 away League games..... and we shifted more tickets than there were spaces!

Sadly sending the 600 back says a lot about the disconnect with us and the lack of understanding by those in charge.....

Might have tried putting them on general sale a bit earlier to shift some more, don't they only go on sale today?

Plenty of times in the past we haven't taken two thousand to Pompey though, that game was the first of the season in August, had it been at the beginning of March of that season we wouldn't of been taking more than we are this season.

We might have sold another few tickets of the notional 600. Portsmouth will sell out any additional tickets in the Milton Road end, in fact looking at their ticket site, they already have sold more than a few. Can't say I blame them for wanting to fill up the ground with their own fans.

We might have sold another few tickets of the notional 600. Portsmouth will sell out any additional tickets in the Milton Road end, in fact looking at their ticket site, they already have sold more than a few. Can't say I blame them for wanting to fill up the ground with their own fans.
Quite. They’re absolutely right to prioritise their own fans. We do exactly the same thing.

Not Pompeys fault, had we put them on general sale last week we could of looked at the amount sold and told them at exactly the same time we have, its ours for the strange way we went about selling these tickets.

Not Pompeys fault, had we put them on general sale last week we could of looked at the amount sold and told them at exactly the same time we have, its ours for the strange way we went about selling these tickets.
Probably influenced by the IT fail. Selling that many tickets by phone or in person was never going to work. Imagine the outcry had it been us sitting on top of the league and Pompey in reverse!

Was on the ball 11am sharp 2 tickets purchased happy now. Had a back up sorted as i could of had 2 tickets in the Fratton End, Only downside i have to sit down lol. Couldn't get standing tickets.

Definitely in my Top 3 away League games..... and we shifted more tickets than there were spaces!

Sadly sending the 600 back says a lot about the disconnect with us and the lack of understanding by those in charge.....
Is this fake news ?
Did we send them back ?

We didn’t send nothing back because we didn’t have them in the first place .If we had sold are initial allocation then we could ask for the extra 600

We didn’t send nothing back because we didn’t have them in the first place .If we had sold are initial allocation then we could ask for the extra 600
But we are entitled to 10% of the capacity, as per EFL rules. If the capacity is 20,000 then we should have got 2,000. It's got nothing to do with whether we'd sold the initial 1,400.

We must have agreed to the reduced allocation in the first place. I don't know why our ticketing management are so soft. If we'd had 2,000 and sold 1,700 then tough s**t, it's 300 empty seats that aren't taken up by Portsmouth fans. I really don't see why we always bend over backwards to the likes of Portsmouth.

But we are entitled to 10% of the capacity, as per EFL rules. If the capacity is 20,000 then we should have got 2,000. It's got nothing to do with whether we'd sold the initial 1,400.

We must have agreed to the reduced allocation in the first place. I don't know why our ticketing management are so soft. If we'd had 2,000 and sold 1,700 then tough s**t, it's 300 empty seats that aren't taken up by Portsmouth fans. I really don't see why we always bend over backwards to the likes of Portsmouth.
This. The club would have agreed at the start with Pompey that if we haven’t sold 1400 within a certain time then they will get the extra 600 tickets meaning Pompey get further advantage (not that I think they need it right now). The club is being ran by people that don’t give a toss about us fans and I get the feeling they would rather make good connections within the game with other club’s top wigs than do what is best for our fan base and the team.
Just look how happy they are at filling boxes up with away fans.

This. The club would have agreed at the start with Pompey that if we haven’t sold 1400 within a certain time then they will get the extra 600 tickets meaning Pompey get further advantage (not that I think they need it right now). The club is being ran by people that don’t give a toss about us fans and I get the feeling they would rather make good connections within the game with other club’s top wigs than do what is best for our fan base and the team.
Just look how happy they are at filling boxes up with away fans.
When redisigning the Milton “ away “ stand it was done to be flexible and I believe, split into four sections, that can each be self contained, to facilitate away and home fans .
Double whammy by the club here.
First they agreed to this sales deadline .
Then they cocked up with the timing of the migration to the new IT intermediary .
Crap on the pitch or not, there’s no doubt we would have sold more if they were available online sooner .
Advantage Pompey .

Last edited:
Considering we was allocated 1,400 and we still haven’t sold out, the club look like they were right to reject the extra 600.
You’re missing the point, firstly the club should never have rejected us getting what we are entitled to and secondly it gives Pompey an advantage by having 600 extra loud voices in the crowd.

From my experience yesterday our online booking system really doesn’t help when trying to buy multiple tickets for a group of us…got there in the end!

Considering we was allocated 1,400 and we still haven’t sold out, the club look like they were right to reject the extra 600.
We have sold 1350 by Wed 11.00am. Still 3 days to go where I guess we would have sold a at least further 300+, especially as they have only just gone on general sale. So the club were wrong to reject any more. As CB says we are entitled to 2,000 so if we were likely to sell 1,700 - 1,800 then we should have DEMANDED the extra 600.

We have sold 1350 by Wed 11.00am. Still 3 days to go where I guess we would have sold a at least further 300+, especially as they have only just gone on general sale. So the club were wrong to reject any more. As CB says we are entitled to 2,000 so if we were likely to sell 1,700 - 1,800 then we should have DEMANDED the extra 600.
I think (but I might be wrong) that if you request a further allocation and then don't sell them, the club is liable for the cost of the unsold tickets. So on your example, we sell an extra 300 tickets and recoup a small seller's fee with Pompey getting the rest of the revenue but we then have to stump up the full cost of the other 300 tickets which would be c.£5k at an average price of £16.50 per ticket.

I may be wrong but I think that is how it works. If so, we did the right thing in not demanding the allocation. Mind you we did the wrong thing in being incompetent with an IT system change that will have decreased sales.

I think (but I might be wrong) that if you request a further allocation and then don't sell them, the club is liable for the cost of the unsold tickets. So on your example, we sell an extra 300 tickets and recoup a small seller's fee with Pompey getting the rest of the revenue but we then have to stump up the full cost of the other 300 tickets which would be c.£5k at an average price of £16.50 per ticket.

I may be wrong but I think that is how it works. If so, we did the right thing in not demanding the allocation. Mind you we did the wrong thing in being incompetent with an IT system change that will have decreased sales.
No, that's wrong. We were entitled to the full allocation, with no strings attached. The "extra" 600 are not a concession from Portsmouth in any way.

Our club have decided to take a lesser allocation. It's a bit like Portsmouth saying they don't want the full 1,480 allocation that we give them (which is more than 10% by the way) and they'll just have 1,000. Yet another f**k up from the people running the OUFC ticket operation!

Back
Top Bottom