Ex Player Rob Hall

Whilst there is a support for Hall out there, please tell me how he is still considered for the first team match day squad

Old quote - you don't play games to get "fit" u get fit first - and recognize the difference between fit and match fit.

Being overweight is down to other things.

He has bulked out a bit but I'm sure KR, CS and the sports science guys wouldn't have him on the pitch if he wasn't fit enough. Coming into a game with 10 minutes to go is more difficult for some players. Being able to get up to speed immediately, read the pace of the game etc. I wouldn't write anyone off after that performance alone and I'm sure he will still play an important role this season. For the first time in years we have a squad strong enough to rotate as we need and give players the support needed to be 100%. If we can forgive Woodburn missing, and Brannagan picking up yellows, then we can excuse Hall having an average 10 minutes.

I never realised there were so many physios on this forum... I know where to come next time I'm struggling with ITBS...
In the first instance, rest, ice and anti-inflammatories/pain killers. Then you could look at massaging, or better still, look st your stretching routine. As with all muscle injuries, hydration is also important both during recovery and to help prevent further issues.

In the first instance, rest, ice and anti-inflammatories/pain killers. Then you could look at massaging, or better still, look st your stretching routine. As with all muscle injuries, hydration is also important both during recovery and to help prevent further issues.
Well that would work if the ITB was a muscle I'd guess... Top tip though, don't try and foam roller your ITB, it bloody hurts ?

Well that would work if the ITB was a muscle I'd guess... Top tip though, don't try and foam roller your ITB, it bloody hurts ?
Same thing applies with tendons etc. You can get friction treatment but it'll make your foam roller feels like a tickle!!!

Anyone know a decent cure for runner's knee? Had it since January and it keeps coming and going. Had to defer my London Marathon place so really want to get fit for it next year as you don't get that chance very often!

On to much less important matters, maybe Hall has been told to strengthen his muscles, in order to promote recovery and lessen the chances of a future injury.

Anyone know a decent cure for runner's knee? Had it since January and it keeps coming and going. Had to defer my London Marathon place so really want to get fit for it next year as you don't get that chance very often!

On to much less important matters, maybe Hall has been told to strengthen his muscles, in order to promote recovery and lessen the chances of a future injury.
See a good sports physio, probably a weakness in one of the surrounding muscle groups, that's usually the cause. You'll probably have the area released a bit, then specific stretches and strengthening programme given.

Hardly went down the outside at all tonight. Was better than Saturday, both on and off the ball, but his play became very predictable. Made some clever darts into the box and was unlucky not to latch onto a couple of slid in balls but his out and out wing play looks so short of confidence. Good to get nearly a full game under his belt though.

I would take a guess at a lack of confidence at the moment. Once he'd had a couple of decent moves he seemed to brighten up and look for the ball more. First half was not promising, very little movement and hung back from tackles. Can but hope that he gets his "mojo" back.

I just felt happy for the guy to see him out there at all to be honest. There was one run in the second half where he cut all the way inside and across the box before squaring it - must have drifted past three or four of their players along the way - that showed it’s still in there. Just think it’s going to take a good while to come out regularly. He’s hardly played football for two years, it wasn’t just virtually the entirety of last season that he missed, he was out for a good 75% of the one before as well. That’s going to take anybody a good while to get over.

Well done, Robbie Hall. Keep going.

I think last night showed that he has a good way to go yet. He was pretty much a passenger in the first half, but brightened up in the second. I do worry that one of his major weapons was his pace, and that is something that isn't back yet. But it was good to see him on the pitch, he DID improve and let's keep our fingers crossed for him.

Back
Top Bottom