International News Russian War With Ukraine

957d4c2a2dc5ef55db1d668169954a63.jpg

Navalny, Putin’s vocal high profile opposition, now jailed for 9 years on trumped up fraud charge. Basically witnesses at the trial were coerced by govt officials to lie.
This after Putin failed in an attempt to poison him. His family even had to take him out of the Russian hospital to Switzerland so Putin’s men wouldn’t finish him off.

Navalny: Putin critic given nine-year jail sentence in trial branded 'sham' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60832310

Navalny, Putin’s vocal high profile opposition, now jailed for 9 years on trumped up fraud charge. Basically witnesses at the trial were coerced by govt officials to lie.
This after Putin failed in an attempt to poison him. His family even had to take him out of the Russian hospital to Switzerland so Putin’s men wouldn’t finish him off.

Navalny: Putin critic given nine-year jail sentence in trial branded 'sham' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60832310

Always going to happen unfortunately. He will be one of many unless the Russian leadership changes.

Judging them on historical terms, no.
That's not to say we should judge any nation in historical terms. Lord alone knows we don't exactly come out of that smelling of roses....and neither do Germany to name but two...

We shouldn't forget where Turkey get oil and gas from.... (Almost all of it is imported from Iraq, Russia and Kazakhstan).

That's not to say we should judge any nation in historical terms. Lord alone knows we don't exactly come out of that smelling of roses....and neither do Germany to name but two...

We shouldn't forget where Turkey get oil and gas from.... (Almost all of it is imported from Iraq, Russia and Kazakhstan).

And Turkey have stated they are remaining neutral, even with closing the Bosphorus/Dardanelles to Russian warships, looking to mediate between the 2 sides. Putin is still talking to Erdogan after all.

And Turkey have stated they are remaining neutral, even with closing the Bosphorus/Dardanelles to Russian warships, looking to mediate between the 2 sides. Putin is still talking to Erdogan after all.

This makes me think that Turkey is less "neutral" and looking at a bigger picture for their own benefit.
All those Russians will want somewhere to go on holiday etc.
Erdogan & Putin have more in common than is comfortable for many.

This makes me think that Turkey is less "neutral" and looking at a bigger picture for their own benefit.
wonder where Turkey will stand on harbouring war criminals?

Maybe Erdogan is thinking of helping Russia as they shot down a Russian war plane some time back, and maybe Putin is reminding Erdogan of this and the fact that Russia didn’t invade. Probably not but I do think Erdogan will want to keep Putin sweet.

Back
Top Bottom