Ex Player Ryan Ledson

We are selling our better players to clubs just one step above us,which makes it a lot harder for us to get promoted to that level,meanwhile Lundstrum,Owdowa and I bet Ledson will too, be sitting on their clubs bench.

So how much does DE get? Presumably this won’t be available for us to invest in the team.

We are selling our better players to clubs just one step above us,which makes it a lot harder for us to get promoted to that level,meanwhile Lundstrum,Owdowa and I bet Ledson will too, be sitting on their clubs bench.
I agree very frustrating but we are losing £30k per week. The operation loss needs to covered. Sad but true. If we want to be sustainable long term.

That’s the model. Most clubs at this level are exactly the same, or they don’t have decent players to sell so are worse off. I’d rather we were bringing in players like roofe and lego, enjoy watching them and sell at a profit. Than be an average side signing rubbish journeymen that are not good enough that anyone wants to take them off our hands. Dave kitson anyone ?? It’s where we’re at as a club, if we can get away with only losing 1/2 a summer and keep bringing in replacements like branagan and dickie , were still in a great position. If we get promoted, then we are suddenly in a great position to keep players like lego for longer.

That’s the model. Most clubs at this level are exactly the same, or they don’t have decent players to sell so are worse off. I’d rather we were bringing in players like roofe and lego, enjoy watching them and sell at a profit. Than be an average side signing rubbish journeymen that are not good enough that anyone wants to take them off our hands. Dave kitson anyone ?? It’s where we’re at as a club, if we can get away with only losing 1/2 a summer and bring in replacements were still in a great position. If we get promoted, then we are suddenly in a great position to keep players like lego for longer.
That's not so bad if they go to Premier league clubs but basically they are going to clubs that we could compete with if we kept these players.They then go to Championship level and fade away into nothing players.

That’s the model. Most clubs at this level are exactly the same, or they don’t have decent players to sell so are worse off. I’d rather we were bringing in players like roofe and lego, enjoy watching them and sell at a profit. Than be an average side signing rubbish journeymen that are not good enough that anyone wants to take them off our hands. Dave kitson anyone ?? It’s where we’re at as a club, if we can get away with only losing 1/2 a summer and bring in replacements were still in a great position. If we get promoted, then we are suddenly in a great position to keep players like lego for longer.
That's not so bad if they go to Premier league clubs but basically they are going to clubs that we could compete with if we kept these players.They then go to Championship level and fade away into nothing players.

Being honest we’re not going to sell Ledson or Johnson to a prem club are we ? They just are not that standard of player. But they are in demand in the championship. And the kind of money is enough that the club can’t ignore. The important thing is to keep the model going. Unless we get a very rich backer that can pay the wages champ clubs are able to offer these players, then we can’t compete with teams like sheff Utd and Blackburn. And if we did and stood in the way of lego going or forced him to stay and lost him next summer for nothing, it’s not good for the club financially or in attracting others players that are looking for us to help develop them. If we were in the champ with a better quality of players we would still be in the same boat, but the players would be being sort after by prem clubs. It’s how football works and has always been the case here from Matty Elliot to John Aldridge. The only time it hasn’t, is when we literally had such s**t players that no one wanted them

Disagree. All player sale related or sell on money goes into that controlled account until there is more than the specified sums due on repayment dates. It was only the named four players who had already been sold.

Mark can you confirm that ALL player sales go to DE until debt is cleared?

My sketchy understanding was that it monies due from sales under DE tenure

O’Dowda has started most games for Bristol prior to his injury and Lundstram also started more than 20 times for Sheffield. Only Johnson has failed recently to establish himself at a higher level. I believe Ledson will do well in time and it also suggests that we are developing players capable of operating at a higher level if we get promoted. Dickie, Brannagan and Eastwood are the key players which we need to build around this year and hope that KR can bring in another 3 or 4 who are as good to continue the process.

It's an amount of money. So Ledson money goes in there, but once it's reached a specific amount, we keep the extra (like some of the Johnson/Lundstram payments)

So we should be keeping all of the Ledson transfer in some form or another.

O’Dowda has started most games for Bristol prior to his injury and Lundstram also started more than 20 times for Sheffield. Only Johnson has failed recently to establish himself at a higher level. I believe Ledson will do well in time and it also suggests that we are developing players capable of operating at a higher level if we get promoted. Dickie, Brannagan and Eastwood are the key players which we need to build around this year and hope that KR can bring in another 3 or 4 who are as good to continue the process.

I agree we need 3/4 but more likely 6/7 who are good to continue the process of trying to get us promoted. All I have to say on the sale of Ledson I hope that is that last high profile player we lose this summer.

Well done Ryan and good luck at Preston.

Good first season, a bit s**t under Clotet but then he wasn’t alone in that then stepped up and played a big part in getting us safe.

A good player potentially, especially considering how young he is, will probably have a good career in the championship, would need to improve a fair bit to go higher than that though.

Fair play to him though, always put a shift in and seems a decent lad, so can’t begrudge him the payrise and step up.

Bit gutted. Thought we might have hung on to him after the deal seemed off. Hopefully we got top dollar for him and move on...

Lol, I’ll bite... we have been lucky enough to play huge teams like yourself! Our plucky band of strugglers even managed to beat Swansea and nearly Middlesbrough too.

I’m sure we’d try our best against the might of Preston! What a day out and experience for all involved lol

You forgot the 3-0 drubbing dished out to Newcastle in the cup ?

Any chance of Doyle coming the other way?
It would be a good move for both teams, however Doyle is in high demand after his goals last season (16 I think) I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Sunderland or Barnsley. Well as long as he ain’t at Deepdale next season, then I’m happy.

Disagree. All player sale related or sell on money goes into that controlled account until there is more than the specified sums due on repayment dates. It was only the named four players who had already been sold.

Go and read the document at companies house yourself. It’s half of the story.

Back
Top Bottom