Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Shame, thought Robbo could have developed his game further.
800k (if figure accurate) apparently met the clubs asking price and he wanted a move upwards.
Hopefully see him one day in an England shirt.
Good luck Lego, I for one will be following your progress.
Yours the England shirt.

Who wouldn’t want a player that thought he’s bigger than the club, who dictated what position he played in. Who tells the manager he’s not training as many days of the week as the rest of the team, who deliberately gets sent off to get a holiday. Who try’s to turn youth players against the club. Excellent
I assuming you havnt read Secret Footballer? He has a different view of things.

Who wouldn’t want a player that thought he’s bigger than the club, who dictated what position he played in. Who tells the manager he’s not training as many days of the week as the rest of the team, who deliberately gets sent off to get a holiday. Who try’s to turn youth players against the club. Excellent
I assuming you havnt read Secret Footballer? He has a different view of things.

Have read it, and he comes across as just a much of a bitter arrogant prick in there as when he was here.

He can have any view he wants, I watched him standing in the middle of the pitch doing f**k all for a season, take what I saw with my eyes over stories made up by a man desperately trying to get the most out of an overdone gimmick.
To be far I only watched him handful of times. And I liked what I saw. Note. He has suffered with mental health issues for years.

Just a thought

I wonder as to which of our best ever players from the past, would be able to consistently play in the Premier league today ?
I would imagine with all the overseas players in there now, it is would be so difficult.

Opinions as to who? :- Magilton, Saunders, Houghton, Hamilton, Windass, Aldridge and Beauchamps.

Feel free to add or subtract,
Elliott

Note. He has suffered with mental health issues for years.
While I am sure we are all hugely sympathetic to people with such issues (and many of us will know people close to us who are affected) that doesn't excuse his arrogance, unwillingness to become part of a team and instance of doing things his way or not at all in that situation. It also doesn't stop him putting in effort, or excuse him trying to turn the heads of younger more impressionable players at the club. Mental illness is an awful affliction - but not an reason to excuse every single flaw in a person's behaviour or personality.

Maybe (hopefully) if it was now it would have been different, but I doubt very much that the club back then had the infrastructure to facilitate mental health issues. He was a waste of a large wage here.
We've had a few players that have struggled with their mental health, a lot of wasted talent.

While I am sure we are all hugely sympathetic to people with such issues (and many of us will know people close to us who are affected) that doesn't excuse his arrogance, unwillingness to become part of a team and instance of doing things his way or not at all in that situation. It also doesn't stop him putting in effort, or excuse him trying to turn the heads of younger more impressionable players at the club. Mental illness is an awful affliction - but not an reason to excuse every single flaw in a person's behaviour or personality.
Ok. I didnt watch enough games when he was here, to back up my opinion.

Just a thought

I wonder as to which of our best ever players from the past, would be able to consistently play in the Premier league today ?
I would imagine with all the overseas players in there now, it is would be so difficult.

Opinions as to who could :- Magilton, Saunders, Houghton, Hamilton, Windass, Aldridge and Beauchamps.

Feel free to add or subtract,

Edit - took out question mark (?) and replaced with could.
Curran, Dave Roberts, Briggs, Shotton, Mustoe, Bobby Mcdonald, Dave Langan, Trevor Hebbard,

Curran, Dave Roberts, Briggs, Shotton, Mustoe, Bobby Mcdonald, Dave Langan, Trevor Hebbard,

I like the choices, the thing is though, and I should have included this......if we could asemble the best OUFC players of all time would we be capable of staying in and even finishing in todays top 4/6.
Money would probably be a telling factor.

One year left. Sell now and you have 15k a week to spend on wages for a year + Legos. Or move for nothing in 12m. Think we could see same for CN too so have to hope they can all be replaced with better (however much we love em). We should actually be delighted when we sell from club perspective as it is clearly good business for us. Player will churn. Lets get used to it.

Mmm'well I dunno. Ledson is a pretty average player in a crowded midfield so he should be sold (and has, I am awake) whereas Nelson is the outstanding defender with only Dickie and maybe Raglan to support him, plus Norman Cameron and some other new FB. I think we need him (Nelson Curtis) to make the defence work. After Nelson and Eastwood we haven't much that any sane side would want unless perhaps Carole Canice as a prizefighter.....

As you say, players will churn, I only wish we could churn Mousinho and Henry and Slowatt.

I like the choices, the thing is though, and I should have included this......if we could asemble the best OUFC players of all time would we be capable of staying in and even finishing in todays top 4/6.
Money would probably be a telling factor.
I think eleven of our best-ever players (and I’ve watched them all) would struggle to maintain a top half finish in today’s premiership

I think eleven of our best-ever players (and I’ve watched them all) would struggle to maintain a top half finish in today’s premiership

I'd agree with that. That said looking at England's central midfield, I reckon Trevor Hebberd would have a good chance to be in its starting 11!

Last edited:
Mmm'well I dunno. Ledson is a pretty average player in a crowded midfield so he should be sold (and has, I am awake) whereas Nelson is the outstanding defender with only Dickie and maybe Raglan to support him, plus Norman Cameron and some other new FB. I think we need him (Nelson Curtis) to make the defence work. After Nelson and Eastwood we haven't much that any sane side would want unless perhaps Carole Canice as a prizefighter.....

As you say, players will churn, I only wish we could churn Mousinho and Henry and Slowatt.
Henry is an asset played in the right role.

Back
Top Bottom