League Two Tinpot Swindon

Billie Piper was from there as well.

My theory is that every now and then genetics produces an outlier attractive person from every inbred, hillbilly clan, that person then looks even more attractive when next to the hideous monsters that make up their kin so they stand out enough to get noticed and escape swamp. In Swindon’s case that has happened 3 times, the rest of the hills have eyes town have remained there pointing at that stupid roundabout in awe.

Sheffield United related really, but enjoyed this in today’s BBC match report:

“A howler by Wes Foderingham gifted Luton the lead when Alfie Doughty's 17th-minute attempt slipped through the keeper's legs into the net.”

They will have plenty of local games to be thrilled about. Aldershot would be a great game to look forward to, with their leaking Victorian roof. Then there is the mighty Woking with their big game atmosphere with its expert stewarding. It might not be Luton, but Boreham Wood is a possibility for excitement. My personal favourite would be the opportunity to see Swindon play at Chelmsford City and take in the attraction of a Melbourne Park….the best I experienced when I played in the seventies.

Back
Top Bottom