National News Voter suppression?

To get an over 60s Oyster you have to provide various more robust checks - including passport or driving licence details and annual address confirmation. To get a bog standard Oyster card you don't need to provide any of this so the scope for fraud is much greater.
But to get an 18+ Oyster card* (which is the card the 60+ card is being compared with above) you must be in full time education and your application must be supported by your college. This will be because college have to verify the identity of their students.

*I incorrectly conflated an 18+ card with a bog standard card above. My bad.

Shack the band with Michael Head? I love them but don’t recall that song

That’s the ones, it was a stand alone single called “Oscar”, actually really good but doesn’t feature on the best of, albums or streaming sites. I had it on cd but lost a load when moving over the years. Obviously a slightly out there topic for a song to be about, a disabled man moving to Amsterdam because “your sex is on the slate” as they put it, very catchy though.

That’s the ones, it was a stand alone single called “Oscar”, actually really good but doesn’t feature on the best of, albums or streaming sites. I had it on cd but lost a load when moving over the years. Obviously a slightly out there topic for a song to be about, a disabled man moving to Amsterdam because “your sex is on the slate” as they put it, very catchy though.
I think we know what's 'very catchy'. :unsure:

Voter fraud is alleged to be a problem by the right here and in the US, but I’m not sure it’s a genuine issue. It’s more of a problem to get people to vote.
Presumably you do know that voting numbers, poll cards, aren’t counted any more, but estimated in constituencies with over ‘so many registered voters’? All legal and no one but the staff in the voting station knows if the estimates are accurate.

Thanks for this! I saw Shack several times at the Zodiac and also at the Old Fire Station in their early days. Also saw their predecessors the Pale Fountains and hope to catch Head’s new band at some point. Such a shame they didn’t become better known.

Thanks for this! I saw Shack several times at the Zodiac and also at the Old Fire Station in their early days. Also saw their predecessors the Pale Fountains and hope to catch Head’s new band at some point. Such a shame they didn’t become better known.

The song is on YouTube, one of there more commercial ones.

I really like them but I think the lead singer had a heroin problem and was never that bothered about playing the game to get successful, which with along with Lee Mavers from The La’s seems to be a bit of a Liverpool thing.

In the Netherlands you must always have an ID card with you outside of your house. All persons 12 years and older have to have some sort of ID with them.

Several different items may be used as ID, passport and driving license amongst others. But not you bus card. The driving license is the most normal. It has a number called BSN (Burger Service Nummer, citizens service number) which all government departments, hospitals (gives the hospital access to your national medical record), and police accept.

Whenever I go out I always take my driving license and my bank card with me (as minimum, sometimes I even put my trousers on). I've never experienced it as intruding on my privacy, it gives me instant access to many services as well as being able to drive my car and anybody else's car with permission. That permission means that you are then covered by the car insurance of the car owner. That can be very handy.

Instinctively I'm against mandatory ID carrying but a Burger Service Number sounds pretty handy.

Instinctively I'm against mandatory ID carrying but a Burger Service Number sounds pretty handy.
It really has advantages, especially as I have to go to 2 different hospitals for treatment.
Just get in the habit of popping my ID in my pocket before going out.
And I have never been asked to show it except at the hospitals.

Nothing wrong with ID cards, I would much rather those than your bank, Tesco, Costa Coffee et al knowing about you through apps and "loyalty" cards.

Turn up at Doctors, NHS, Council, polling booth etc then show your ID card. 🤷‍♂️

I'd be against compulsory carrying of ID cards at all times, purely because when I go for a 3 hour run I don't want to have to carry anything extra with me, even a small piece of plastic. I'd forget half the time as well.

Although if the card could be digital and in my Google Wallet I guess it would make no difference most of the time.

I'd be against compulsory carrying of ID cards at all times, purely because when I go for a 3 hour run I don't want to have to carry anything extra with me, even a small piece of plastic. I'd forget half the time as well.

Although if the card could be digital and in my Google Wallet I guess it would make no difference most of the time.
Was going to say... surely you have a device and even a bottle with you when you run. If it was digital then I really can't see an issue.

Hold hard............ are we agreeing on this?

Must be entering the season of goodwill.

1. Proper PR.
2. National ID cards.

#yellowsforum solving the problems one step at a time. :ROFLMAO:

Was going to say... surely you have a device and even a bottle with you when you run. If it was digital then I really can't see an issue.
Not always, I don't tend to take a bottle for anything shorter than 10 miles, and often don't have anything extra at all for the shorter stuff. I just know that I'd forget to take the card with me if it was physical. Digital, then I'm sure I'd just make sure I always took my phone with me (as I currently do for 90% of the time anyway).

But then how often would you actually be stopped and asked for it anyway? I'm sure the police have better things to be doing than interrupting sweaty gasping-for-air runners :ROFLMAO:

Not always, I don't tend to take a bottle for anything shorter than 10 miles, and often don't have anything extra at all for the shorter stuff. I just know that I'd forget to take the card with me if it was physical. Digital, then I'm sure I'd just make sure I always took my phone with me (as I currently do for 90% of the time anyway).

But then how often would you actually be stopped and asked for it anyway? I'm sure the police have better things to be doing than interrupting sweaty gasping-for-air runners :ROFLMAO:
Sweaty gasping runners you say....what are they running from??? VERY sus if you ask me :unsure:

In any case, I'm sure they can just program it in to the chip that was implanted when you had the Covid Vac...and then every single 5g mast you pass will be able to confirm you are a real citizen and not some illegal alien;)

Sweaty gasping runners you say....what are they running from??? VERY sus if you ask me :unsure:

In any case, I'm sure they can just program it in to the chip that was implanted when you had the Covid Vac...and then every single 5g mast you pass will be able to confirm you are a real citizen and not some illegal alien;)
Yes that's the solution, use the covid chip, why has nobody thought of that before? Brilliant 👏

I had mine upgraded on Saturday so am on the latest version. Wonder if it could track my mile splits as well.... :unsure:

Feckin elite affletes.

I would die on a 5k without my little bottle of squash. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And quick pit-stop at Greggs...come on, you can't fool us ;) :ROFLMAO:

I`m not sure what irks me the most about Greggs, the state of the clientele, the resident beggars outside, the volume of litter they produce, the processed crap they serve as "food" or the dubious hygiene practices of the staff.

There are 3 within about 1/2 mile of each other in Leicester - most of their customers would struggle to walk from one to the other. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom