4th Test Wed 19-23 July 2023 - Emirates Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Play due shortly providing no more rainfall.

If we could sneak an hour in and get a wicket of two that would be brilliant. I always prefer us as a team chasing to win games, rather than bowling the opposition out, but with over head conditions being more favourable this has to be a great chance.

maybe the change of ball may bring a change of fortune?

its the hope that kills ya

come on England , wicket(s) wanted and very much needed

The umpires decision to stop us using pace because of the light really hasn’t helped our cause. We’re now stuck with two part time spinners

The umpires decision to stop us using pace because of the light really hasn’t helped our cause. We’re now stuck with two part time spinners

Yeah bad light no pace bowlers allowed, yet the umpires are wearing sunglasses. 😂

I think that might be it for today. Another wicket would have been marvellous.

I think they can play until 19:30? Maybe just maybe.

Plenty of runs for Australia but crucially a wicket in a day where we expected no play at all.

Get two more and it’s the tail. It would be great to win by an innings but chasing a low total is still a win.

Let’s hope the weather plays ball tomorrow. Obviously we’re all biased but going into a final Test with everything riding on it would be superb. Just like 2005 and 2009 all over again.

Last edited:
One thing I’m confident on with this England side is chasing, even with not much time. We just need a decent amount of play tomorrow…

It would be a real shame if the weather spoiled it. When oh when will cricket grounds have roofs? 😏

It would be a real shame if the weather spoiled it. When oh when will cricket grounds have roofs? 😏

I’m laughing at cricket grounds with roofs by the way.

I can see England having enough time today to get 5 wickets. But I do think the Aussies will make us bat again, and we will have to chase a small total. (Slog mode). England win by 10 wickets, that would be just as nice as winning by an innings.

Let’s hope the elements allow a few hours of play.

Back
Top Bottom