Where to sit?

Haven't heard anything like this from any of our fans in 20 years following us
Original comment didn't mention those two once, a certain poster made them up out of nowhere to try and belittle the person they were arguing against. Not sure why it was necessary to bring them up at all.

Original comment didn't mention those two once, a certain poster made them up out of nowhere to try and belittle the person they were arguing against. Not sure why it was necessary to bring them up at all.
I'm biased but our fans seem generally decent folk to me. Most of the time I'm on away days I'm surrounded by random people I don't know in the away end but they're usually polite and nice lads.

The original comment stated "horrific abuse". I gave examples of how that may have been presented. It is necessary because if we accept "horrific abuse" as passion then we will never address issues that are still present in the game.

Yeah... that was the excuse they used for hooliganism in the 90's and racism in the 80's... both of which are still here...

Seen much Hooliganism or racist behaviour at many OUFC games of late?

Trust you reported it?

No, it's called being an idiot.

Keep waiting outside the SSL asking for pics and autographs then taking notes of all the movements of the Ox staff.

Others prefer a different kind of match day experience .

Last edited:
Wait, what? You can be thrown out for being kissed? What about instigating a kiss, or is just the receiver that gets thrown out? And is is a hard and fast rule, all received kisses and you are out, or is there a certain threshold of kiss which causes the ejection, for example a peck is OK, but slip the tongue and you are banned from the ground?

I think we need the S.O.U.P group to clarify the rules...

So mods get extra points for being patronising?

Of which will lead to thread going off subject.

Seems you’re very good at this STE.

Mod or a poster - need to make a choice.

Just before kick-off at Cheltenham, I witnessed a punch-up between two Oxford fans that a female steward had to break up (well done her) before other stewards assisted and one of the fans saying to the other 'Why did you spit in my face' - we, like all clubs, have some unpleasant people who attend matches.
For sure, a small portion of any large group will de d!ckheads, a sad fact of life

The original comment stated "horrific abuse". I gave examples of how that may have been presented. It is necessary because if we accept "horrific abuse" as passion then we will never address issues that are still present in the game.
Examples were not required, so no need for them, thanks for those though.

Maybe wise not to make smart a**e comments on posters spelling mistakes then for a cheap like.

Or is it ok to purposely derail threads for a thumbs up?
There is a report button should you wish to use it for your opinions of the mod team.

There is a report button should you wish to use it for your opinions of the mod team.

Not much point, I know how Malc works, maybe needs a hobby but that’s a different subject. Holland must be dull is all I can say.

You just carry on being a hypocrite.

Not much point, I know how Malc works, maybe needs a hobby but that’s a different subject. Holland must be dull is all I can say.

You just carry on being a hypocrite.
You are entitled to your opinion so you carry on with that.

Seen much Hooliganism or racist behaviour at many OUFC games of late?

Trust you reported it?
As I said earlier in the thread, I can't remember the last time I witnessed anything of the sort at an Oxford match, though I did hear some sexism at the Charlton game towards the female assistant referee. Unfortunately I missed who said it, else I would definitely have reported them.

Oxford is definitely one of the better clubs in the pyramid terms of supporter behaviour, but certainly not free from idiots. Homophobic slurs I've heard a few times at Oxford games - most notably at Wembley v Barnsley there was some idiot out of my eyeline repeatedly using the F word (not f**k). Not necessarily homophobic attacks but certainly the use of slurs that are offensive to people in the LGBT+ community.

I worked for a Women's side too for a few years and bizarrely some away fans threw sexist comments towards our players as if they didn't also affect the team they were there supporting. That one really baffled me.

Yeah it's quite pathetic to be honest. I live in Brighton, so occasionally manage to go watch them play at the Amex, and I've always enjoyed how any homophobic abuse from away fans is met with a chorus of "youuuu're to ugly to be gaaaay!"

Back
Top Bottom