+++ 06/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 2 - OUFC v Pompey +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember Father Christmas running on the pitch at fratton park one Boxing Day.
Never forgiven them for that. 2 0 COYY.
Yeah I remember that well .we found ourselves in the away end that day too.

I can't wait this is one of the most important games I will witness as a oxford fan I'm sure who knows when we will get this opportunity again as a club its difficult to get into the championship but I'm banking on browne and Taylor to get the goals tomorrow. Tbh I don't actually care who scores we have to win ??

I can't wait this is one of the most important games I will witness as a oxford fan I'm sure who knows when we will get this opportunity again as a club its difficult to get into the championship but I'm banking on browne and Taylor to get the goals tomorrow. Tbh I don't actually care who scores we have to win ??
We need Taylor and Henry to both really step up tomorrow. If they both play well we usually win.

Just read the comments from Ronan Curtis in today’s Sunday paper, maybe he had a claim regarding penalties but that football you get them you don’t and then says the ref was shitting himself but says they will turn us over tomorrow. Hope we can send him back to Pompey after the match still a guaranteed L1 player next season.

They will be throwing themselves to the ground in our box and I would be surprised if the ref doesn’t feel inclined to give them a pen to make up for all of their incessant whinging from the first leg.
Curtis is a mouthy tosser, but he is a threat, as is Marquis.
Beyond that, I feel that we will need to see the best of Henry, Brannagan and Taylor if we are to progress.

They will be throwing themselves to the ground in our box and I would be surprised if the ref doesn’t feel inclined to give them a pen to make up for all of their incessant whinging from the first leg.
Curtis is a mouthy tosser, but he is a threat, as is Marquis.
Beyond that, I feel that we will need to see the best of Henry, Brannagan and Taylor if we are to progress.
Isn’t the ref a different tomorrow?

I just thought we looked half tilt at Fratton Park. We seemed sluggish and passive and I was extremely surprised that we came away with anything. Looked like we were in training.

I expect a storming performance tomorrow night full of passion and intensity. I just couldn't take it if we limped out with such a fantastic opportunity on the table. No regrets...go for it lads!

Crumbs. The game is tomorrow. Got a day at work WFH to try to occupy my mind.

I fear it could go the full distance in which we may need to raise the spirit of the League Cup game against Sunderland again. Nothing has separated either side in league records and head to heads. It could be another draw tomorrow.

Think we only have ourselves to blame if we lose today. We're better than Pompey, Portsmouth have to be one of the most boring, uninspiring teams I've watched this year. Aside from that little Irish w*nker Curtis who is to be fair a very good outlet, they don't have much. We have played some very good football this year, and got dirty when we need to. We have 90 (maybe 120) minutes to get to the finals and I believe in the boys but we need to turn up and be at our best. COYY

We're just about favourites with the bookies at time of writing. It really is on a knife edge.

I've been surprised with the general reaction to Friday's game on social media, which seems to be that Pompey were unlucky not to win and looked by far the better team. Obviously I probably have my yellow specs on but that wasn't the game I saw at all. I didn't think they did much with their possession, they only hit the posts with speculative efforts, the 'penalties' would have been very harsh, and when we actually got the ball on the deck and passed it about we looked by far the better side. But hey - I'd rather be considered underdogs.

Feel that the result in the other playoff is terrible for whoever goes through from us or Pompey. At Wembley, you're either facing Wycombe, who will presumably be able to rest and rotate if they're still comfortably ahead at half time tomorrow, or you have Fleetwood, who will be buoyed at Wembley by what would have been a remarkable comeback in their second leg (see Northampton in the L2 playoffs).

Assuming we have no injury concerns after the first leg, I think 0-0 draw. It'll go to pens. Our nerves are gonna be shredded. If either of Taylor or CB can't feature I fear that's it for us.

We're just about favourites with the bookies at time of writing. It really is on a knife edge.

I've been surprised with the general reaction to Friday's game on social media, which seems to be that Pompey were unlucky not to win and looked by far the better team. Obviously I probably have my yellow specs on but that wasn't the game I saw at all. I didn't think they did much with their possession, they only hit the posts with speculative efforts, the 'penalties' would have been very harsh, and when we actually got the ball on the deck and passed it about we looked by far the better side. But hey - I'd rather be considered underdogs.

Feel that the result in the other playoff is terrible for whoever goes through from us or Pompey. At Wembley, you're either facing Wycombe, who will presumably be able to rest and rotate if they're still comfortably ahead at half time tomorrow, or you have Fleetwood, who will be buoyed at Wembley by what would have been a remarkable comeback in their second leg (see Northampton in the L2 playoffs).

Assuming we have no injury concerns after the first leg, I think 0-0 draw. It'll go to pens. Our nerves are gonna be shredded. If either of Taylor or CB can't feature I fear that's it for us.

Portsmouth certainly had the greater possession and the better chances in teh first leg, so it'd be hard not to acknowledge them as the better team. However, we gave a very good away performance, soaking up pressure without really breaking a sweat. Tonight will hopefully give us the opportunity to play our own game and put them on the back foot.

As for the second semi, I actually think it could backfire being so far ahead. Getting minutes uder your belt in competitive football is vital at the moment, and if Fleetwood don't come out flying then the game could be dead after 30 minutes. Shuffling the players or easing off will more likely leave Wycombe disjointed or too casual for the final. Also, you wouldn't put it past Barton to have his players kicking lumps out of Wycombe to get some pathetic little revenge. With so little preparation time, a mistimed tackle or two could leave players out of contention for next week.

Still, get our job done first and worry about the rest later. I think this will be the moment Cameron Brannagan shines. Expecting a Jim Magiliton sytle performance, leading our midfield and knocking balls around with ease! 2 nil yellows!!!

Are pubs allowed to show football at the moment?
I had a wonder around on Saturday afternoon, peered through the window of a few pubs and one of them had a PL game on. Not sure if they had sound. So maybe they can show the games?

How many people are going to miss the start of the match I wonder? The amount of people saying they finish work at 5 and will be home just in time for the 5.30 kick off. Is a bit of a strange time but obviously had to allow if the game goes to extra time.

How many people are going to miss the start of the match I wonder? The amount of people saying they finish work at 5 and will be home just in time for the 5.30 kick off. Is a bit of a strange time but obviously had to allow if the game goes to extra time.
Is weird why they didn't alternate the kick off times, or make us the late kick off as Oxford to Portsmouth is local compared to Wycombe and Fleetwood.

• React
Reactions: m
Kick-off time is 5 o'clock. So even worse for those at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom