Away Match Day Thread 10/02/2024 L1: Blackpool FC v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely right, it's too easy for teams to either play through us or around us.
Don't get me started on defending dead ball situations.
When are we going to keep a clean sheet.
Probably not very often until Buckingham can coach this team to be more compact when we haven't got the ball.
The addition of Metete would help in this regard.
He's the head coach, it's his remit to set the team up, the formation, the tactics, how do we defend, how do we attack teams.
Are we going for the high press or the low block.
It seems to me we are caught between the two.
With the more attacking players coming back, I'm confident we have goals in us.
But to turn draws into wins we have to be better defensively.
Get this right and this season could still have an exciting outcome.
How about better in attack
How many good chances did we miss yesterday?

How about better in attack
How many good chances did we miss yesterday?
Indeed that's another issue that needs addressing.
How many decent chances have we missed this season.
It could be the difference between making the playoffs or not.
As I stated in my post, I believe we have goals in us particularly with the attacking players coming back.
Scoring goals is only one part of the equation.
For a team with ambitions of promotion it has be competent in the defensive side of the game.

I knew it would be a tough game for us yesterday and I’m thinking a point was maybe a fair result in the end for both sides.
Respect to the travelling Oxford fansπŸ‘πŸ»not sure the exact numbers but looked a good following from you guys.
As for us,I’m not convinced at all we’ll make the playoffs this season but you never just know in football.
Anyways,all the best for the rest of the season lads/lasses πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’›πŸ§‘

No - Stevenage.

Barnsley was after I'd posted. As was the equaliser against Stevenage.
I disagree. You posted: "(Stevenage came back to win, unfortunately)" while the game was still going on.

If you had posted e.g. "Stevenage came back to lead", that would have been correct.

GGEXVAQXcAAFI7q

β€œMuRpY DoeSn’T GEt eNOugH aSsiSTs” Again, he should have had a good number by now, including another one today! What more can he do if he keeps setting people up and they keep missing?!

Sloppy goal conceded and missed too many chances. Suppose it's better than not making any chances at all.

Small steps and all.

To be fair to them, most are taking it well. It's only really that ginger bloke with the goatee who is massively angry, but then if you were ginger with a goatee you'd be angry most of the time as well.
The fella in the top right corner with his hands down his trousers is taking it a bit too well though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom