5th Test 12-16 September 2019 The Oval

Aussies 450 all out (Smith 126, Labuschagne 88)

England 113 all out in reply.

Nothing else changes.

The usual grist in the Aussie innings are batting now - let's see if the England bowlers can do it.

Thinking past this Series. I think the likes of Bairstow, Buttler, Denly, Woakes and maybe even Anderson have big questions about their place in the team. It really feels like an end of an era, and some change is coming. And it's needed - this team look flat and complacent.

Do you know what? I dislike Steve Smith more than walking barefoot through dogs muck

Smith clone gone on 47 ... Archer's 3rd of the day,/ innings ... now get Smith out!

Our bowling apart from Archer looks pop-gun in comparison to the Aussies. All the rest struggle if there's no swing. Add to that Smith and Labushagne look to leave good balls and play a real Test match innings not like the majority of ours who are in the main flat track white ball bullies.

Our bowling apart from Archer looks pop-gun in comparison to the Aussies.
A bit. But they are still 100 odd for four. These batsmen (with an obvious exception!) aren't that good. Just keep it in the right areas, don't give up runs with defensive fielding and they are very vulnerable.

A bit. But they are still 100 odd for four. These batsmen (with an obvious exception!) aren't that good. Just keep it in the right areas, don't give up runs with defensive fielding and they are very vulnerable.
Labushagne looks good to me. Four 50 plus scores in his first four ashes innings says so. Only three other players have done it and Smith isn't one of them!
The Aussie bowlers as a unit are better than ours in my opinion.

Oh, I agree, I think they are a better bowling unit than us. I just don't think their batting is actually that good. If there's a problem running through them (again I agree, once you've disposed of Smith and Labusagne) it's because our secondary bowlers are a bit meh really.
Time for a cup of tea...

Oh, I agree, I think they are a better bowling unit than us. I just don't think their batting is actually that good. If there's a problem running through them (again I agree, once you've disposed of Smith and Labusagne) it's because our secondary bowlers are a bit meh really.
Time for a cup of tea...

Apart from the above two named, the Aussie batting is as poor as ours really - quite how Warner has not been left out is amazing as his is the worst record of the lot

4-31 for Archer now .... something does seem to be happening for England at the Oval, (whisper it)

Root, it seems, cant do anything right... he evidently cant bat in test matches, he cant captain a test side ... and he cant catch:(

Paine & Cummins gone in consecutive deliveries, Curran on a hat trick

Why on earth has Sam Curran been carrying the drinks all series? If we were gonna play Roy who will have a quick flash then get out, we may as well have been playing Curran who will do the same but also gives us a completely different bowling option. He's been very good cos he will bowl full and mix up balls that go straight across the bastmen and swinging back in. Sure he bowls the odd boundary ball and he's by no means rapid, but he's had even Smith in a bit of trouble simply because of the different angles he gives us in relation to the rest of our samey-samey attack (excluding Archer in that). Added to that, he was man of the series against India last summer!

Back
Top Bottom