Away Match Day Thread 13/01/2024 L1: Carlisle United v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
More confident of a win than I was a week ago, will be a critical month for us if we want to maintain a promotion push, let's start with 3 points against Carlisle!

View attachment 17403
Right on the line, great call from the assistant ref! VAR might have overturned it but either way it's not clear and obvious.

Shout-out of Stevens for seeing the pass and threading it through the gap perfectly first touch for Harris to run on to. That takes real skill.
Isn’t there a player in the right back position too who may have kept Harris on side?

That was a really good result yesterday. I fancied it to be a bit of a banana skin but we were in control, once the first goal went in.

Really pleased for Mark Harris. He does work hard and it’s nice to see him notch a couple. We certainly need reinforcements in the forward areas but if he can chip in with goals, then that’s great.

Cumming made one fantastic save and I thought his distribution was good. To the naked eye, he does not look a downgrade on Beadle.

We’ve got a big 3 weeks or so to come, Pompey, Reading, Rovers, Barnsley & Noton. Results in those will give us a good indication of what we can expect come the final furlong of the season.

Northampton at home next week. Get there if you can!

That was a really good result yesterday. I fancied it to be a bit of a banana skin but we were in control, once the first goal went in.

Really pleased for Mark Harris. He does work hard and it’s nice to see him notch a couple. We certainly need reinforcements in the forward areas but if he can chip in with goals, then that’s great.

Cumming made one fantastic save and I thought his distribution was good. To the naked eye, he does not look a downgrade on Beadle.

We’ve got a big 3 weeks or so to come, Pompey, Reading, Rovers, Barnsley & Noton. Results in those will give us a good indication of what we can expect come the final furlong of the season.

Northampton at home next week. Get there if you can!
One of our bogey teams, only with Rovers and Wycombe

Can someone show the table with Reading results expunged. :unsure:

NamePointsGD
Bolton5122
Portsmouth5016
Derby4923
Peterborough4823
Oxford4815
Stevenage4615
Barnsley4317
Blackpool399
Northampton34-4
Bristol330
Orient32-4
Lincoln320
Wycombe30-4
Wigan287
Charlton27-3
Vale27-11
Cambridge27-11
Shrewsbury27-21
Burton27-14
Exeter23-21
Cheltenham22-20
Carlisle20-15
Fleetwood15-25

The first time we have scored more than two goals at Brunton Park.

GDvqbN_WQAASpq8

Not so sure. Looks like they're going under. I think (?) Bury's results were voided when they went bust. I suppose I should feel a bit sorry for Reading fans but tbh I know a few Reading fans and they found the Kassam stadium/relegations etc endlessly amusing. So what goes around comes around.
If they are booted out of the league, so be it. I couldn’t care less.

Really feel quite relaxed about him between the sticks after what we saw yesterday.

A great addition/replacement, call it what you will.

Harris starting to find the net again is a great boost.

By getting a few more signings in and by reducing the injury list, this second half of the season could be massive after all…

Great to be feeling some more optimism again 🙂

I am of course very happy- but that first 40 mins was absolutely awful. Nearly unwatchable. Ruben gave the ball away 5 times in the first 5 mins. We couldn't string a pass, everything intercepted, no attaching threat. I could barely watch.

Far better second half of course but a bit Jekyll and Hyde for me.

Really happy with Cummings replacing Beadle. Think the biggest difference I noticed between the two is Cummings seems to be more assured when it comes to making a save and making sure the ball doesn’t go back into a dangerous area. That being said Beadle is a fantastic keeper and wouldn’t be surprised if he goes on to play for England.

NamePointsGD
Bolton5122
Portsmouth5016
Derby4923
Peterborough4823
Oxford4815
Stevenage4615
Barnsley4317
Blackpool399
Northampton34-4
Bristol330
Orient32-4
Lincoln320
Wycombe30-4
Wigan287
Charlton27-3
Vale27-11
Cambridge27-11
Shrewsbury27-21
Burton27-14
Exeter23-21
Cheltenham22-20
Carlisle20-15
Fleetwood15-25

Good work, but it should be in a happier colour.

Yeah, to be fair, I was pretty worried about the Carlisle game. The type of match we've lost previously this season.

Last edited:
Brilliant result yesterday, if we add to this squad who knows where we could end up. Only 2 things I want to point out:

1) Ciaron Brown has been CLASS at centre back and we unfairly judged him playing out of position as a LB. He is composed, strong, perfect compliment to Moore.

2) Goodrham is underrated by some. He's not in their because he's one of his own, his shooting from outside the box is the best in the squads including Brannagan.

UTSO.

Brown has always said he’s a centre half.
should never really listen to supporters criticism, as half will say one thing and the other will say opposite.
Although playing out of position to get players player of season. Says everything.
Quality signing.

Back
Top Bottom