Away Match Build Up 15/08/23 - L1: Derby County v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lancashire official Ben Toner is the referee tomorrow night.

FhOF445WYAEfIsX

Unfortunately can see anything other than an home win :cry:.IMO the performance is more important than the result. Defeatist i know but thats how i feel.

Will be our first league game up against a team who will want to be on the ball just as much as us. May play into our hands, however the individual talent in their squad could be too much. I think we may get a 1-1 draw.

Id absolutely love an away win tomorrow night, realistically I think we'll do well a bring a point home come full time, - that said, albeit it wasn't pretty to watch, a win on Saturday may have provided a bit of confidence after back to back defeats, sowho knows?. Its a funny old game someone used to say

Derby are a strong and very deep side - they were able to bring Kane Wilson & Callum Elder off the bench on the weekend. How we would love to have those two!

Buuuuut, they've had a very mixed start to the year like us. Reckon it'll be a tight one.

Can McEachran play?
Hope so because I thought, after the first 20 minutes or so, that our midfield was really good at the weekend. Consistently worked the ball into dangerous positions (only for our forwards to fail to do anything with it until Harris' late intervention).

I'd like to see Goodrham start in place of Browne as well. May not be able to leave his man in the dust as often as Browne does, but massively more end product.

Easiest game of the season for me. Bus into town and walk to Pride Park.

Derby will have got some confidence from their win at the weekend but the home fans are likely to be expectant though talking to their fans/reading forums suggests they do take us seriously as a potential contender in the league this season.

Need to stop their midfield getting a stranglehold of the game.

Derby are a strong and very deep side - they were able to bring Kane Wilson & Callum Elder off the bench on the weekend. How we would love to have those two!

Buuuuut, they've had a very mixed start to the year like us. Reckon it'll be a tight one.

Can McEachran play?
Hope so because I thought, after the first 20 minutes or so, that our midfield was really good at the weekend. Consistently worked the ball into dangerous positions (only for our forwards to fail to do anything with it until Harris' late intervention).

I'd like to see Goodrham start in place of Browne as well. May not be able to leave his man in the dust as often as Browne does, but massively more end product.
Agree that McEachran is pretty key.
Hopefully he can play 2 more games this week.

Can weirdly see this being the kind of game we do ok in this season. Press high against a side that will want to have possession of the ball at home, get Harris in behind their high line. That said, Derby are my pick for the league this year, on paper they look very good so do think this will be too much for us too early in the season. 2-0 away loss again imo.

Can weirdly see this being the kind of game we do ok in this season. Press high against a side that will want to have possession of the ball at home, get Harris in behind their high line. That said, Derby are my pick for the league this year, on paper they look very good so do think this will be too much for us too early in the season. 2-0 away loss again imo.
Yup. 2-0 defeat, sadly.

Local journalist says that Derby should have no problem against Oxford and it could be another big win for them.
Team talk done eh?

If we score it will be a bonus ,sadly 3-0 loss another tough day at the office.ì

I'll be very pleased indeed if we can deny Derby, and then Barnsley, three points.

Back
Top Bottom