Away Match Day Thread 16/09/2023 L1: Fleetwood v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
It’s felt like ages since that loss to Port Vale.

Fleetwood seem to be a bogey team and with the suspensions (Harris and Leigh) and international player injuries (Brown and Goodrham), it’s going to be tough!

Now that it looks very much like Brown, O'Donker and Goodrham are out.

Beadle

Stevens......Moore......Negru......Thorniley*

McGuane........Brannagan

Mills..........Rodrigues.........Edwards

Perkins**
* - Might Manning risk Murphy at Leftback again? (I doubt it, but Murphy featured in the Twitter Promo of today's match, so will play some part)
** I hope Bodin isn't played up front, but I could see Murphy maybe playing there if Perkins isn't played.

I'm really excited to see Perkins play, having watched Edwards, Perkins is the only real unknown in the squad. Very highly rated, hopeully he can force himself into first team reckoning.
agree

I’ll be in the players lounge in los christianos supping a few peroni’s hoping for 3 points.

Now that it looks very much like Brown, O'Donker and Goodrham are out.

Beadle

Stevens......Moore......Negru......Thorniley*

McGuane........Brannagan

Mills..........Rodrigues.........Edwards

Perkins**
* - Might Manning risk Murphy at Leftback again? (I doubt it, but Murphy featured in the Twitter Promo of today's match, so will play some part)
** I hope Bodin isn't played up front, but I could see Murphy maybe playing there if Perkins isn't played.

I'm really excited to see Perkins play, having watched Edwards, Perkins is the only real unknown in the squad. Very highly rated, hopeully he can force himself into first team reckoning.
I think Manning will want to get the experience of Bodin into that starting 11. And I would agree. Rodrigues on the bench to start with and very likely to come on after 60 minutes.

Our last 5 games v Fleetwood have Won 4
and drawn 1 ( we have won the last 2 away)
They have a new manager, and are probably better than their league position suggests, but this is a very good test of how good our squad is.
I think that we are good enough to beat a team with one point in 6 games. It will be a very disappointing result if we don't win

That's a bit of an odd side, I suppose it shows strength in depth?
Also Brown and Goodrham with fitness concerns prior, one assumes not as serious as first thought.
Let's see...COYY!

F6Jh9pIWAAADhvt

Nor me. Negru on the bench is very odd. McEachran nowhere at all is even odder.

Back
Top Bottom