Not open for further replies.

Bath Yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
January window is clear:

A new forward and loan o donks out with a recall clause
Sign Edwards on a perm deal.
A new right back and send stevens home
Another attacking center mid and move henry on
Time to drop mills too for a bit. He refuses to take on his full back and is playing way too safe, he’s had the positivity drilled out of him somehow
Agree with a lot of this:

The sort of striker we need is a fox in the box Matty Taylor in his pomp type player. There was a lot of service from Murphy into the six yard box but no one there.
Is Edwards on a permanent deal a possibility? If so, yes please.
Agree on Mills and Henry.
I say keep Stevens.
James Henry will retire in the summer so I doubt he'd be interested in going anywhere in January. Stevens isn't great but he's OK, keep it simple and go all out for two strikers, plus a midfielder if we can find one that would improve us.

The sort of striker we need is a fox in the box Matty Taylor in his pomp type player. There was a lot of service from Murphy into the six yard box but no one there.
I say keep Stevens.
James Henry will retire in the summer so I doubt he'd be interested in going anywhere in January. Stevens isn't great but he's OK, keep it simple and go all out for two strikers, plus a midfielder if we can find one that would improve us.

Agree stevens is ok. He’s 6-7 out of 10. Greg is a 9. We are aiming for the championship. Aim high.

I am a firm believer that good promotion teams tend to be differentiated by very impressive full backs that fly forwards. For all the debate about left backs, look at the massive difference it makes having greg Leigh. And how we play without him

Invite the opposition to worry about Edwards murphy a striker and cambran and let the full backs decimate them with the dodge that creates

2 strikers is massive, Harris will be fantastic coming in from the left or right he's a good player. We need a really good attacking midfielder. we need a win saturday, its massive to stay in touch .We will know the first week if it's happening in January or weither its the usual we need to be patient sh...t because Portsmouth, Bolton, Derby, Blackpool even Stevenage will be moving very quickly

It really bugs me when someone breaks the quote functionality and the post starts a discussion thread, with the quote break cascading down through it. If it hadn't upset me so much I would have gone back through all the posts fixing it. 😔

Really simple for me. Our defenders and midfielders do not trust the players forward of them to receive the ball in tight spaces so play it sidewards or backwards to play safe. Unless they start trusting each other to receive in forward areas in those little spaces we’ll see more of the same. They need to play braver and counter press when they lose the ball and I’m sure it’ll improve

Really simple for me. Our defenders and midfielders do not trust the players forward of them to receive the ball in tight spaces so play it sidewards or backwards to play safe. Unless they start trusting each other to receive in forward areas in those little spaces we’ll see more of the same. They need to play braver and counter press when they lose the ball and I’m sure it’ll improve

The thing a CB loves the most when they have the ball is looking up and seeing a player further ahead demanding the ball from them. You lose that a bit when Brannigan plays as a 10.

People are saying that Des's football is boring. Maybe so, but there were times when Manning was in charge that I nearly fell asleep!! There was 1 game ,Blackpool at home I think, where I counted 12 passes between the back 4 and we hadn't actually gained any ground at all. I think the players are still trying to adapt to DB ideas. As has been mentioned, DB was annoyed at the sideways passing last night. He needs time and patience from us to implement his style.

January window is clear:

A new forward and loan o donks out with a recall clause
Sign Edwards on a perm deal.
A new right back and send stevens home
Another attacking center mid and move henry on
Time to drop mills too for a bit. He refuses to take on his full back and is playing way too safe, he’s had the positivity drilled out of him somehow

I say keep Stevens.
Edwards on a permanent? What, based on the 10 games or so he managed without breaking down?

I’d rather we focus our attentions on players that can have a more robust influence on first team games. Good player but his injury record would suggest he’s not going to give us what we need while carrying players like Marcus Browne.

The fans I spoke to at the match / afterwards have been pretty consistent in their views of where we are at.

As far as the game is concerned:-

** Despite missing a few key players (for me RR and Leigh) we should have had enough to beat that poor Reading team.

** Whilst tidy enough McEachran slowed the game too muchh, and Thorniley looks a little off the pace.

** Murphy had theiir full back on toast in the 2nd half. We didn't get the ball too him enough. He was unlucky with that shot late on and you can't blame him for us not winnng last night, there was no one to finish off the chances he created.

** Our best back 4 at present is Stevens - Moore - Brown - Bennett.

** Cam Bran was outstanding, but RR is more suted to that role behind the striker. We mssed RR's cute passes to open things up

As far as more generally:-

** The injuries are killing us - put RR and Leigh in that side last night and we win. Edwards and Browne would also make a huge difference but we can't include them in our thinking, I'm really concerned about how many times they will be available for the remaining part of the season.

** We need a window to continue the rebuild, there should be players we can move on permanently / loan and that needs to happen as we need to increase the quality of our squad depth. That's entirely natural, we've only had one window to sort an almighty mess out.

** We'd be feeling more positive if the dropped points had happened more gradually over the season. The long unbeaten run has helped raise our expectations massively.

** It's far too early to criticise Des. If you want an arm waving / sweary manager then you are never going to like him. I liked the thinking behind his change of formation yesterday, he got it right re the off-side / meaningless sideways passing post match.

Despite trying to look on the positive / put a relaistic spin on things I can't remember leaving a ground so gutted as I felt last night. Reading were terrible, although Sam Smith would have been a good signing for us (never going to happen now). The upcoming games look OK on paper, we really haave got to grind out results until January; I hope the recruitment team have got some early January window signing lined up because we do need to freshen it up.

I thought our fans were decent last night, anyone expecting atmosphere of the 80s / 90s is going to be permanently disapointed from now on as football has changed. We need to continue to back the team because despite a wobble we are still in this. We've put a great run together already ths season, with a couple of new faces and a couple returning from injury there is no reason why we can't do the same again.
Great Post.

If Bodin is fully fit he should be upfront on Saturday and Harris out wide. Harris will probably score coming in from wide 👍🏻

The fans I spoke to at the match / afterwards have been pretty consistent in their views of where we are at.

As far as the game is concerned:-

** Despite missing a few key players (for me RR and Leigh) we should have had enough to beat that poor Reading team.

** Whilst tidy enough McEachran slowed the game too muchh, and Thorniley looks a little off the pace.

** Murphy had theiir full back on toast in the 2nd half. We didn't get the ball too him enough. He was unlucky with that shot late on and you can't blame him for us not winnng last night, there was no one to finish off the chances he created.

** Our best back 4 at present is Stevens - Moore - Brown - Bennett.

** Cam Bran was outstanding, but RR is more suted to that role behind the striker. We mssed RR's cute passes to open things up

As far as more generally:-

** The injuries are killing us - put RR and Leigh in that side last night and we win. Edwards and Browne would also make a huge difference but we can't include them in our thinking, I'm really concerned about how many times they will be available for the remaining part of the season.

** We need a window to continue the rebuild, there should be players we can move on permanently / loan and that needs to happen as we need to increase the quality of our squad depth. That's entirely natural, we've only had one window to sort an almighty mess out.

** We'd be feeling more positive if the dropped points had happened more gradually over the season. The long unbeaten run has helped raise our expectations massively.

** It's far too early to criticise Des. If you want an arm waving / sweary manager then you are never going to like him. I liked the thinking behind his change of formation yesterday, he got it right re the off-side / meaningless sideways passing post match.

Despite trying to look on the positive / put a relaistic spin on things I can't remember leaving a ground so gutted as I felt last night. Reading were terrible, although Sam Smith would have been a good signing for us (never going to happen now). The upcoming games look OK on paper, we really haave got to grind out results until January; I hope the recruitment team have got some early January window signing lined up because we do need to freshen it up.

I thought our fans were decent last night, anyone expecting atmosphere of the 80s / 90s is going to be permanently disapointed from now on as football has changed. We need to continue to back the team because despite a wobble we are still in this. We've put a great run together already ths season, with a couple of new faces and a couple returning from injury there is no reason why we can't do the same again.
A rose amongst thorns.

Edwards on a permanent? What, based on the 10 games or so he managed without breaking down?

I’d rather we focus our attentions on players that can have a more robust influence on first team games. Good player but his injury record would suggest he’s not going to give us what we need while carrying players like Marcus Browne.

Wish it was 10 games.....think it was actually 6.

The logic for signing him on a permanent seems to be a combination of a) he's really, really good and b) doing so would free up a loan slot for us to bring in someone else in January.

But I agree with you - we should be done with permanent contracts players, however capable, who rarely see the field. There's been way, way too many of those in recent years. Taking them on loan is a reasonable risk but that's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom