Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
The matches seem to be coming thick and fast now.

At time of writing this post, the weather is set to be a warm 12oC!

Apparently he had issues mental health and so fourth so we have to give him some time, although I would have thought the then head of recruitment and Robbo may have picked up on this and come to a clearer decision non asnto whether we sign him or not. But he’s ours and he’s starting to show the fine we know he has and if that can be replicated every time he plays then that will be a bonus for us.
Speaking as someone who has experienced mental health issues within my family I think the club have handled theses issues fairly well.
KR obviously knew something of Josh Murphy‘s background when we signed him. He talked him up and he did deliver on a couple of occasions but injuries and other issues meant we didn’t see the best of him.
He was a member of an awful squad put together by KR and of course we all know KR had his own issues, he was never going to perform well in that team.Enter Manning and again when he first came in it was attritional football which was needed to survive. However he was used well and we began to see what he was all about.
This season he has performed well when used, he has better players around him and hopefully he is in a better place mentally and physically.
He could turn out to be one of the players of the season.
I also thought it was disgraceful that some fans were shouting “what a waste of money” at him during some games.

Let’s never forget that Josh and indeed any of our players are no different to anyone else,we never know what is going on in their lives. Get behind them and encourage them

I'm not sure we did try to press them high, at least not collectively or consistently. Individuals at times for sure but that was part of the issue.
Our press is really poor imo.

As you say, we often don't press and when we do it's individual - we rarely press as a team/unit.

Yes, I agree that if we were trying to press them up the pitch then I didn't see it on Saturday. In the first half we just let them play the ball about. If you contrast it with how they pressed us (especially when taking those rather pointless goal kicks!), it was chalk and cheese.

Yes, I agree that if we were trying to press them up the pitch then I didn't see it on Saturday. In the first half we just let them play the ball about. If you contrast it with how they pressed us (especially when taking those rather pointless goal kicks!), it was chalk and cheese.

We had no direction when with the ball and as soon as they had the ball they ran towards our goal. It was chalk and cheese.

I also thought it was disgraceful that some fans were shouting “what a waste of money” at him during some games.

Let’s never forget that Josh and indeed any of our players are no different to anyone else,we never know what is going on in their lives. Get behind them and encourage them
I think I'll get a lot of disagreement on this but I get so annoyed at booing and criticism of our players during the matches. The only purpose it serves is to undermine the confidence of young lads who are already feeling a lot of pressure. The "I pay my money so I can voice my opinion" approach doesn't cut it for me. We're there to support the team and encourage them. We can obviously discuss stuff down the pub and online in places like here but to target individuals during a match does us no favours.

I think I'll get a lot of disagreement on this but I get so annoyed at booing and criticism of our players during the matches. The only purpose it serves is to undermine the confidence of young lads who are already feeling a lot of pressure. The "I pay my money so I can voice my opinion" approach doesn't cut it for me. We're there to support the team and encourage them. We can obviously discuss stuff down the pub and online in places like here but to target individuals during a match does us no favours.
Although to be fair where I sit at SSL it's pretty supportive and I don't hear too much criticism from around the ground

Not sure there is very much booing or insulting of individual players from the East Stand either. You always get a few numpties of course, especially those who seem to have only just learned the 'naughtiest' swear words and want to show them off! That doesn't mean to say we aren't discussing the merits of players as the game goes on though (and not always in the most complimentary way!) but shouting shite at the players seems a bit self-defeating! I can't image a single player has ever thought 'Two lads in the east stand are giving me a bollocking so I'd better buck my ideas up'!

However, I thought the booing of the collective effort at half time on Saturday was completely justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom