Away Match Day Thread 17/12/22: L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only two experiences of Marcus Browne were

Me and my mates: ‘Ayy, it’s Browney’
Him: ‘Alright lads’
Me: ‘Looking forward to having you back’ (when he was injured)
Him: ‘Cheers boys, appreciate it’

And after the Oxford City game, when it was raining but he stayed in the rain to take photos and sign stuff when the guy was clearly trying to get in his (girlfriend’s?) car and leave.

Neither point to unprofessionalism or big time attitude. Not ITK. Just an alternate POV.
He's a good lad, not Big Time at all
I wasn't referring to Marcus
Going to keep my head down a bit as I didn't mean to cause a fuss

And after the Oxford City game, when it was raining but he stayed in the rain to take photos and sign stuff when the guy was clearly trying to get in his (girlfriend’s?) car and leave.

Neither point to unprofessionalism or big time attitude. Not ITK. Just an alternate POV.
I was at the City friendly and he was very nice with the kids, who all homed in on him.

It's obviously Marcus Browne that is being talked about, but personally I am still furious with Sam Longs missus for not holding in a baby for another couple of hours, no wonder Robinson never picks her.
Definitely not Marcus
He's a good lad

One of our current first teamers picked up the last two cinnamon swirls from the Sainsburys in Heyford on a Sunday morning a couple of months ago! I was forced to get a chocolate and an almond croissant instead but Mrs Egg wasn't happy!!!

I won't openly share their identity, but they've lost a lot of support in this house!!

One of our current first teamers picked up the last two cinnamon swirls from the Sainsburys in Heyford on a Sunday morning a couple of months ago! I was forced to get a chocolate and an almond croissant instead but Mrs Egg wasn't happy!!!

I won't openly share their identity, but they've lost a lot of support in this house!!
That’s easy. My money is on either Wildschut or Anderson. Oh Cinnamon? Sorry, thought you said Suriname swirls.

I’ll show myself out.

Definitely not Marcus
He's a good lad
He might be a good lad but I have to say since he has rejoined he is nothing like the player who was here before. That may be down to injury when he missed a lot of game time with Middlesboro but that explosive burst of pace has gone.His decision making is poor as well
This is a gamble by KR and so far it isn’t paying off

It’s possible for both to be true, despite the binary, tribalistic world that we now live in demanding only black or white be allowed to exist. Dickheads can be nice people and nice people can be dickheads, and someone can behave badly one day and brilliantly the next. Sign of the times that this is deemed to be so controversial, I suppose.

I bought a new car last week if anyone wants to talk about that instead, since clearly this thread has now bottomed out.

It’s possible for both to be true, despite the binary, tribalistic world that we now live in demanding only black or white be allowed to exist. Dickheads can be nice people and nice people can be dickheads, and someone can behave badly one day and brilliantly the next. Sign of the times that this is deemed to be so controversial, I suppose.

I bought a new car last week if anyone wants to talk about that instead, since clearly this thread has now bottomed out.
What car was it Birdio ? 😀

You're right. He was a bit slouchy when he was signing autographs, which could be a sign of a bad attitude.

What car was it Birdio ? 😀
I got a new Peugeot 308. I call it Olivier, because it’s French and good looking, just like Olivier Giroud. Never really liked the way they look in the past despite finding them pretty comfortable to drive, but they’ve upped their design game in the last couple of years. It was time to retire the faithful Golf after a full decade of service.

Had a bit of a row with him the other day because he was being temperamental with his automatic headlight function, but I guess that’s part and parcel of dealing with a Frenchman. He’s not always going to play ball.

He might be a good lad but I have to say since he has rejoined he is nothing like the player who was here before. That may be down to injury when he missed a lot of game time with Middlesboro but that explosive burst of pace has gone.His decision making is poor as well
This is a gamble by KR and so far it isn’t paying off
I thought he was starting to show his pace again, as demonstrated by his 2 chances in the first 2 minutes on Saturday which were pure pace to get in behind the defence and strength to get into a scoring position.

Don't forget before he joined us he was as much a done deal to Charlton before he supposedly failed his medical there. So there was a big risk that he was not going to be the same player that he was before. Whilst he hasn't hit the same heights this time around he seems to be doing OK fitness wise, and his poor decision making and poor finishing probably can't be attributed to his old injury. He just needs to do better and contribute more as a team player rather than try to do too much individually. His contribution will come, it's just whether it will come in time to have an effect.

I got a new Peugeot 308. I call it Olivier, because it’s French and good looking, just like Olivier Giroud. Never really liked the way they look in the past despite finding them pretty comfortable to drive, but they’ve upped their design game in the last couple of years. It was time to retire the faithful Golf after a full decade of service.

Had a bit of a row with him the other day because he was being temperamental with his automatic headlight function, but I guess that’s part and parcel of dealing with a Frenchman. He’s not always going to play ball.
I assume the Golf played ball or were you teed off at ending up in the Bunker and needing more wedge to play with the French one.

Hope it’s got all the green credentials any OUFC supporter needs to do this now to keep FoSB off our backs

I thought he was starting to show his pace again, as demonstrated by his 2 chances in the first 2 minutes on Saturday which were pure pace to get in behind the defence and strength to get into a scoring position.

Don't forget before he joined us he was as much a done deal to Charlton before he supposedly failed his medical there. So there was a big risk that he was not going to be the same player that he was before. Whilst he hasn't hit the same heights this time around he seems to be doing OK fitness wise, and his poor decision making and poor finishing probably can't be attributed to his old injury. He just needs to do better and contribute more as a team player rather than try to do too much individually. His contribution will come, it's just whether it will come in time to have an effect.
Hope so AZ but he’s not there yet

Hope it’s got all the green credentials any OUFC supporter needs to do this now to keep FoSB off our backs
Ive got an old (04 plate) Jaguar S-type*, with a turbo diesel 2L engine- which Ive put 130k + miles on since I took ownership some years back now ( it had just over 85k on the clock when it became the sargemobile) - FoSB? I smoke 'em .... that said it is green vehicle - as in metallic dark green paintwork

* and yes, I know, its a Mondeo in Jag' 'clothing'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom