Away Match Day Thread 17/12/22: L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Browne missed the official team photo due to traffic, because he went to London and didn’t check or leave enough time before setting off to get actually get there. Other people might not care but I think that’s unacceptable and shows a complete lack of professionalism and respect. He should’ve stayed in the area the night before rather than disappearing down to London, and if he was going to do that then he should’ve set off early to allow for any delays, like any normal person who is due at work for something important. No hindsight involved - it’s what responsible adults do. The team photo is not something you get to skip because you didn’t bank on morning traffic on the M40.

Sorry, but it’s a real bugbear of mine. You make sure you’re there for something that important and it really isn’t a good look if you aren’t. Nor does it paint a healthy picture of how comfortable somebody is or how long of a leash they have. You show up.
on the subject of bugbears... one of mine is a penalty that's been saved by the keeper being referred to as a 'miss'

There are three options , not two, as to what happens when a penalty is taken

1- its scored ( back of the net- goal awarded)
2 - Its missed ( which to me means it wasn't on target as in it went the wrong side of either of the goalposts, or Harry Kane style , was over the crossbar)
3- Its saved ( the keeper does his - ok, or her- job and stops the opposition from scoring, by guessing correctly or by getting in the way of the on target struck penalty kick- which is f*****g saved penalty not a missed one)

Murphy did not miss a penalty at Hillsborough on Saturday, their keeper saved it

Obvious disappointment aside, I was actually heartened that the supposedly apathetic Murphy actually wanted to take it.

Agree, was good to see this fella who 'doesn't fancy it' look a bit more motivated. As annoying as it was, I can see exactly why he was allowed to take it. The confidence had he buried it would have been helpful in returning him to the player that we need. Hopefully he can still do it.

on the subject of bugbears... one of mine is a penalty that's been saved by the keeper being referred to as a 'miss'

There are three options , not two, as to what happens when a penalty is taken

1- its scored ( back of the net- goal awarded)
2 - Its missed ( which to me means it wasn't on target as in it went the wrong side of either of the goalposts, or Harry Kane style , was over the crossbar)
3- Its saved ( the keeper does his - ok, or her- job and stops the opposition from scoring, by guessing correctly or by getting in the way of the on target struck penalty kick- which is f*****g saved penalty not a missed one)

Murphy did not miss a penalty at Hillsborough on Saturday, their keeper saved it
4th option
Hit post or bar therefore a miss but goes in off of the goal keeper.

Fair enough. It was still a bad penalty though!

For an example (or three) of a good penalty, see Mbappe, K.
He didn't even care that the Oxford reject knew which way he was going. Enough pace and precision to score anyways.
Fair enough but Mbappe is arguably the best player in the world, some of his teammates certainly buckled under the pressure of taking penalties though.

Ive got an old (04 plate) Jaguar S-type*, with a turbo diesel 2L engine- which Ive put 130k + miles on since I took ownership some years back now ( it had just over 85k on the clock when it became the sargemobile) - FoSB? I smoke 'em .... that said it is green vehicle - as in metallic dark green paintwork

* and yes, I know, its a Mondeo in Jag' 'clothing'
Love it Sarge

Fair enough. It was still a bad penalty though!

For an example (or three) of a good penalty, see Mbappe, K.
He didn't even care that the Oxford reject knew which way he was going. Enough pace and precision to score anyways.
There are plenty of bad penalties that go in

Messi is a good example he sometimes just rolls it to one side of the keeper,if the keeper guesses right he saves it

When I played we were always taught to hit the ball either hard and high or hard and low and aim at the side netting rather than the back of the goal.

Saw a lot of penalties saved ar the World Cup which were two/three feet off the ground if the keeper guesses right easy save.
That was the trouble with Murphy on Saturday, the height

Me and my mates: ‘Ayy, it’s Browney’
Him: ‘Alright lads’
Me: ‘Looking forward to having you back’ (when he was injured)
Him: ‘Cheers boys, appreciate it’

Sycophant.

On the rare occassion I bump into a player I completely ignore them as I don't want to give them the satisfaction of being recognised.

Apart from the time I had a good chat with Liam Davis in Tesco, but you could tell he really appreciated it.

Sycophant.

On the rare occassion I bump into a player I completely ignore them as I don't want to give them the satisfaction of being recognised.

Apart from the time I had a good chat with Liam Davis in Tesco, but you could tell he really appreciated it.

Somehow got Liam Davis mixed up with Liam Kelly. Didn’t believe you. Surprised you could see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom