Home Match Day Thread 2/2/2021 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

An impressive performance especially with all the changes made , really looking like we have a very decent squad now. Great to see Winnall get off the mark and look so much better , I had doubts about him but he could make such a difference and push Matty as well as allowing him a rest !

An impressive performance especially with all the changes made , really looking like we have a very decent squad now. Great to see Winnall get off the mark and look so much better , I had doubts about him but he could make such a difference and push Matty as well as allowing him a rest !
Agree on Winnall....I'm so hoping he can stay fit and kick on from here - we've got a great player if he does!

Also, (and I probably should not say this for fear of cursing!), but I saw the tiniest of glimpses of an understanding between him and Matty when they were both on last Saturday...I think there is tons more to come from them as a partnership and I reckon they could link up really well, given the opportunity.

Exciting times!!

The semi-finals are scheduled for February 16/17. There is no date yet for the draw but it must be soon.

Went on the Wombles forum to see what they were saying about the game (the answer is not much really, an air of depression on there), but I can't believe they've *still* got that 'one long thread' forum!

Went on the Wombles forum to see what they were saying about the game (the answer is not much really, an air of depression on there), but I can't believe they've *still* got that 'one long thread' forum!
Yep, a website from the 90s to reflect the views of many of their fans!

On the forum front, am I right in thinking that Fleetwood don't have an active board, or have I just missed it?

Solid game. If we'd been clinical in front of goal as a team it would have been a hammering.

Shodipo's development is really showing. Early in the season, he was always looking to come in on his right foot to shoot; today he was mixing up going inside and outside the full back, opening up so many more options.
Was that Shodipo's first assist last night? Plenty of spectacular goals sure enough, but I couldn't remember an actual assist.

Was that Shodipo's first assist last night? Plenty of spectacular goals sure enough, but I couldn't remember an actual assist.

Appears so according to the above. Although they haven't updated the details for yesterday's match yet it seems at the time of posting here anyway.

If what I've read is accurate (I'm not sure it is) and we get £50k whatever the result in the semi then we'll have got £205k in prize money which is very handy in normal times but especially so now. I wonder if we will get any TV money as part of the semi's being on, unless I'm wrong about it being on TV. The finalists do get a 1/3 of any TV money according to the below:

Fantastic result.

Well done to the lads. Congratulations on breaking records - let's hope it continues.

Hopefully KR will now stop making triple substitutions when we're doing well - It seems to unsettle the team and lose us the momentum

Fantastic result.

Well done to the lads. Congratulations on breaking records - let's hope it continues.

Hopefully KR will now stop making triple substitutions when we're doing well - It seems to unsettle the team and lose us the momentum
Normally, I'd agree with you 100% but I think the triple substitution last night was OK. The match was pretty much won, the competition not life or death important and (as KR said post match) those three players who came on just really did so to get a bit of a workout.

As a bit of an aside, I thought Robbie Hall played quite well yesterday. He did his share of putting pressure on Wimbledon when they had the ball and showed some nice touches throughout.
He’s very good at football! His control and delivery are lovely. But he may not be fast and strong enough to affect a match meaningfully enough for us in the future.

Boooooooooooooo!!!!
I'm assuming this was your reaction to the players taking the knee. This gesture has moved on from being in support of BLM to being 'against all forms of racism'. Given your reaction on every match day thread to the taking the knee gesture, are we to conclude that you are in support of some and/or all forms of racism?

The semi-finals are scheduled for February 16/17. There is no date yet for the draw but it must be soon.

Hopefully we get Tranmere. At home. By far the easiest of the remaining draws, and either Lincoln or Sunderland would make for a cracking final if we win.

But whoever it is, I hope we continue to play the squad players in this competition. It's the likes of Forde, Sykes, Hall, Winnall & Hanson that have gotten us to the semis so they deserve to get the chance to get us to Wembley (plus, they're unlikely to get a whole lot of playing time, or at least starts, in the league, especially given our recent transfer business and the regular league starters will need a rest!).

I'm assuming this was your reaction to the players taking the knee. This gesture has moved on from being in support of BLM to being 'against all forms of racism'. Given your reaction on every match day thread to the taking the knee gesture, are we to conclude that you are in support of some and/or all forms of racism?
He'll go along with it if Tommy Robinson posts that it's OK.

Hopefully we get Tranmere. At home. By far the easiest of the remaining draws, and either Lincoln or Sunderland would make for a cracking final if we win.

But whoever it is, I hope we continue to play the squad players in this competition. It's the likes of Forde, Sykes, Hall, Winnall & Hanson that have gotten us to the semis so they deserve to get the chance to get us to Wembley (plus, they're unlikely to get a whole lot of playing time, or at least starts, in the league, especially given our recent transfer business and the regular league starters will need a rest!).
Although I'm sure Milwall were saying exactly the same when they drew us a few years ago !

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom