General 2023/24 - Kit Launch

The Loungers are very pleased to see that the club, once again, saw fit to put our initials on the front of the shirts. It does make it difficult to tell his and hers apart but, mine is always the bigger size so it usually works out.

I like the kit but the sponsors logo is way too overpowering once again. Wish we could buy the kit without the logo on.
Yeah I agree. I wonder how difficult it'd be to remove it... but would probably end up destroying the shirt itself...

What makes it more annoying is that no one will ever know what BG stands for, so it seems a bit of a useless advertisement anyway

Yeah I agree. I wonder how difficult it'd be to remove it... but would probably end up destroying the shirt itself...

What makes it more annoying is that no one will ever know what BG stands for, so it seems a bit of a useless advertisement anyway
It stands for 'Bangkok Glass' - happy to have helped.

As a fan of the club, I knew this. But my point was if someone saw it in the street or away fans at a game they'd have no idea.

Do you know if anyone from the UK can even buy anything through Bangkok Glass? How will the company profit through UK advertising? Pardon my lack of knowledge around Bangkok Glass, but I'm hoping you'll be happy to help again?

As a fan of the club, I knew this. But my point was if someone saw it in the street or away fans at a game they'd have no idea.

Do you know if anyone from the UK can even buy anything through Bangkok Glass? How will the company profit through UK advertising? Pardon my lack of knowledge around Bangkok Glass, but I'm hoping you'll be happy to help again?
I know - I was yanking your chain.

Their website is in Thai (unless you let Google translate) so I suspect we can't go and re-glaze our houses using them. This does beg the question of why they are on our shirts.

There was a strong rumour that it was because EB Charging pulled out at the last minute last season due to youth team shenanigans but why haven't we got a different sponsor for this season? Some clubs smooth the FFP rules by having Directors pay in money for shirt advertising - perhaps that is part of the reason. Happy to help again.

Yes, as fans we realise that. The point that SouthLondonYellow was making, in advertising it means nothing to anyone else. It’s like being sponsored by Thames Water and putting TW on the front. To many of us, the sponsors are missing a trick.

I like the kit but the sponsors logo is way too overpowering once again. Wish we could buy the kit without the logo on.
Too big, tacked on cheaply with both a different yellow and in a different material, and also breaks the design up to boot.
BG is up there with the worst-looking sponsors we've ever had IMO. Only Animalates and Black and Rounds run it close.

Their website is in Thai (unless you let Google translate) so I suspect we can't go and re-glaze our houses using them. This does beg the question of why they are on our shirts.

There was a strong rumour that it was because EB Charging pulled out at the last minute last season due to youth team shenanigans but why haven't we got a different sponsor for this season? Some clubs smooth the FFP rules by having Directors pay in money for shirt advertising - perhaps that is part of the reason. Happy to help again.

All good! :LOL:

Yeah that's what I thought, so it does seem strange that they're even bothering to be our sponsor in the first place. Fair enough if they were last minute cover for EB Charging, but odd that they're this seasons sponsor too if that's the case. Especially as there's no obvious financial incentive.

Cheers

I've just noticed Polythene UK are no longer on the back of the shirts.

Yes, as fans we realise that. The point that SouthLondonYellow was making, in advertising it means nothing to anyone else. It’s like being sponsored by Thames Water and putting TW on the front. To many of us, the sponsors are missing a trick.
The big capital BG as it appears on our shirts actually is their logo though, so it makes sense from that point of view. It isn't that we've just plonked a giant B and G on the front as we couldn't be arsed to do any artwork.

Interestingly they are intertwined with Singha Beer, who previously sponsored us, and have the same CEO (Pavin something or other I think is his name?) so it makes a little more sense when you take that into account. Don't forget Singha had great plans when they first appeared, only to be scuppered by a certain Tanzanian stadium owner, who wouldn't allow them to sell their products at his stadium. They own two clubs in Thailand, one of which is actually called Bangkok Glass United, and they played in the top Thai division last time I looked, and had re-developed quite a nice stadium.

Maybe they're just keeping their hand in for the next three years? Singha Beer Stadium anyone...................

The big capital BG as it appears on our shirts actually is their logo though, so it makes sense from that point of view. It isn't that we've just plonked a giant B and G on the front as we couldn't be arsed to do any artwork.

Interestingly they are intertwined with Singha Beer, who previously sponsored us, and have the same CEO (Pavin something or other I think is his name?) so it makes a little more sense when you take that into account. Don't forget Singha had great plans when they first appeared, only to be scuppered by a certain Tanzanian stadium owner, who wouldn't allow them to sell their products at his stadium. They own two clubs in Thailand, one of which is actually called Bangkok Glass United, and they played in the top Thai division last time I looked, and had re-developed quite a nice stadium.

Maybe they're just keeping their hand in for the next three years? Singha Beer Stadium anyone...................

Wouldn't mind Singha being sold in the new stadium, very nice beer.

or you click the "EN" option top right to go to the English language version of their site. They are business-to-business not to consumer, not all footy sponsors are consumer brands. So if you were say a brewery looking for bottles to package your beer in, this could be the company for you. As for why, I would look for links between the people on this page - https://www.bgiglass.com/official/?r=Aboutus/BoardOrganizationStructure - and our board.
vidAVnxCTO.png

Quite like it, you can never please everyone.

As it's one of the few ways the club can currently make any money then I hope it sells well along with whatever else the club brings out!

I've just noticed Polythene UK are no longer on the back of the shirts.
They are, but I believe some stock was shipped without the rear sponsor; the leaked third shirt photo actually quotes (NO BACK SPONS) on the shirt label.

Perhaps Polythene UK had not committed themselves until late on???

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-04 163225.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-04 163225.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 5
There must be dozens of shirt sponsors whose logo means nothing to anyone outside the supporters of whichever club is wearing its logo so the BG is a bit of a moot point to me, take it or leave it.
It’s a simple, clean and classy shirt, there not much to dislike about it, I quite like it but I’ll keep my powder dry and money in the pocket until the epic red and black shirt is released...

There must be dozens of shirt sponsors whose logo means nothing to anyone outside the supporters of whichever club is wearing its logo so the BG is a bit of a moot point to me, take it or leave it.
It’s a simple, clean and classy shirt, there not much to dislike about it, I quite like it but I’ll keep my powder dry and money in the pocket until the epic red and black shirt is released...
Remember when shirts had local sponsors. Newcastle's Newcastle Brown Ale shirt is possibly one of the best.

Tranmere's Wirral Council shirt was also a belter.

Any others?

Back
Top Bottom