Away Match Day Thread 27/01/2024 L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes Let's hope Des is learning fast ,it took Ferguson a while .The only thing sadly at our level is if they do become decent managers they don't hang around for long .It really is a no win sometimes at our level.

He got MOTM 🤷🏼‍♂️.. not sure why, but obviously says a lot from their perspective.
Well, having been in attendance, I can remember but one shot, from RR, that produced a save. A save, I might add, that met the precise definition of the word ‘routine’.

Perplexing stuff.

He did make a decent save low to his right around about the 90th minute (just before or after MOTM was announced). But having also been at the game I must admit it felt a bit like a sponsor giving the award to the popular young local lad.

(Thought their central midfielders were immense, and Martin was yet another physical, robust, astute CF who found it worryingly too easy to bully our defence)

Just looked at the BBC stats, which says we had 5 shots on target.

So MOTM after a quiet afternoon.

Mind boggles.

Well, having been in attendance, I can remember but one shot, from RR, that produced a save. A save, I might add, that met the precise definition of the word ‘routine’.

Perplexing stuff.
stats wise it says 5 on target from us, 6 on target for Bristol Rovers.

Just got back after visiting relations in Bristol after the match.
The difference between the two sides was the goalkeeper.
Ours let in two soft goals and pushed the third one out to their striker.
Theirs stopped everything that we fired at him apart from that one wicked deflection.
No wonder Ward got the MOM.

Hopefully just a bad day at the office for Cumming.
5 shots on target, wow….!!

Think he got MOTM because their fans are delusional like some of ours were about O’Donkor e.g. because he’s one of their own!!

Back
Top Bottom