Away Match Day Thread 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would drop Dale and Murphy and replace with Browne and Burey but Des won’t be that brave. Maybe Goodrham and Browne. Dale works hard, he’s tenacious but let’s be honest he’s not great. Murphy floats in and out but doesn’t stamp his authority on games enough.
You seem to focus on our best players, I’d say that Murphy, Dale and Bennett all were good enough today and over the last few weeks.

Cumming, Long and Rodrigues were all much worse than those three today.

Fair enough everybody's got concerns about the team & what not .
To me , I know what's more important, the stadium situation is a much bigger worry, than any player or manager ..

The new stadium and the continue growth of the football club needs to come together. An exciting to watch team fighting for promotion will bring in higher attendances than a boring to watch mid table side.

I don't have faith that Des can build a squad and have the management capability to continue the growth of the football team.

I don't think Des seems good enough based on what he has done so far, but I still think he deserves more time (as would anyone), as managers have been known to turn things around. See Appleton. See Evatt at Bolton. Both with very slow starts.

You seem to focus on our best players, I’d say that Murphy, Dale and Bennett all were good enough today and over the last few weeks.

Cumming, Long and Rodrigues were all much worse than those three today.

I’ve been saying for the past 6 weeks that Cumming is a rubbish keeper. My views on Long and Rodrigues are out there too. Murphy and Dale were awful today. Dale hardly got one dangerous cross in, huffed and puffed and worked hard but that’s not enough to stay in a team. Murphy did well for the goal and one first half burst of pace, then what? Bennett, he’s alright but I’d prefer Leigh in.

The new stadium and the continue growth of the football club needs to come together. An exciting to watch team fighting for promotion will bring in higher attendances than a boring to watch mid table side.

I don't have faith that Des can build a squad and have the management capability to continue the growth of the football team.
Well it's a bit late now , it's the end of the season. You can't keep changing the manager. We chucking money away like confetti. He may come good next season.
Be careful what you wish for, it's sod's law if he gets the boot he'll be successful somewhere else.. not all great managers start off great . Fergie comes to mind , wasn't he one game away from the sack & the rest is history.. we've been in league 1 a long long time now . So what makes this season the exception...

I’ve been saying for the past 6 weeks that Cumming is a rubbish keeper. My views on Long and Rodrigues are out there too. Murphy and Dale were awful today. Dale hardly got one dangerous cross in, huffed and puffed and worked hard but that’s not enough to stay in a team. Murphy did well for the goal and one first half burst of pace, then what? Bennett, he’s alright but I’d prefer Leigh in.
But by that logic we need to change Cumming, Long, Rodrigues, Bennett, Murphy and Dale next game. It seems unlikely that we’re going to make six changes…

Murphy awful…What you smoking Dicky boy??!!!

We apparently committed just 4 fouls in the entire game, and none in the first half. I know the ref was a lenient one, but I do wonder if that says something about us.

Brown made some bad passes but he made a lot of good ones too tbf
True but Moore and Bennett were both guilty of poor passes and nearly costing us today.
2 lost points because we shut off and haven’t the ability the ability to defend the Edge of our box.

But by that logic we need to change Cumming, Long, Rodrigues, Bennett, Murphy and Dale next game. It seems unlikely that we’re going to make six changes…
But our strength in depth is not there in every position. We have Browne, Burey and Goodrham chomping at the bit as options out wide. I’d love to see our best, most skilful winger - Browne - on one wing and our quickest, most direct winger - Burey - on the other.

If we don’t trust Eastwood, can McGinty be recalled? Cumming has to be removed from the starting eleven, he’s costing us goals on an almost game by game basis.

We apparently committed just 4 fouls in the entire game, and none in the first half. I know the ref was a lenient one, but I do wonder if that says something about us.
southern softies?

Sky may have picked the wrong game. The Stevenage match could be pretty meaningless unless we beat Lincoln earlier that week.

Back
Top Bottom