Away Match Day Thread 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The squad has two massive problems, neither of which is obviously fixable in the time we have left.

Our keeper isn't good enough, with way, way too many cheap goals being conceded in the past two months.

And our central midfield, other than Cam, is a dead zone. McGuane is clearly done, RR was invisible, Bodin got the goal but was otherwise lightweight, Henry doesn't have the legs any more and McEachran isn't the answer. Yes, the primary fault for their goal lies with Cumming, plus a couple of ropey clearances, but before that the way that they picked up the ball and were able to wander 50 yards upfield without being challenged - in the 80th minute of a game we're winning 1-0 - was criminal.

Really frustrating because the Shrews were totally absent any quality whatsoever, and we were vastly the superior team. But we've thrown away another pair of points.
Brannagan had a very poor game I thought

s**t result.

Anyone that think that’s good enough is on cloud cuckoo.

No disrespect to Shrewsbury, but we should be beating them. They were poor, and we seem content sitting on that 1-0 lead.

Moore with a dreadful bit of defending helped them get that goal we conceded.

Not good enough, and I don’t want to see Henry coming on again. He adds nothing and his legs are gone. Good servant, but time to hang the boots up.

Des not good enough, and needs to go. Lincoln in the driving seat, and in good form.
I must have imagined that perfect pass at the end that Murphy should have converted

We all have an opinion on Marcus Browne but the stark truth is that bloke is on a different level to any other winger we have. Dale is full of vigour but he’s miles off Browne, so is Murphy.
Going passed the first player 'yes', skipping passed the second player 'definitely', being dispossessed by the third player and falling over 'no'.

Fascinating given their appointments were within about a week of each other, we paid Β£1m for ours and then outspent them comprehensively in January and yet our guy needs a pre season before we really see what he does. Sure thing.
Skubala has done some job. For me what makes this all the more gut-wrenching is seeing Mous have Pompey top of the table.

Eastwood
Stevens Moore Brown Leigh
Brannagan Bodin
Dale Browne Murphy
Harris

This team needs to play

For all our deficiencies and not being clinical in front of goal and us defending deep and not always with conviction trying to defend a lead, that game was won and all it needed was for the keeper to make one simple regulation save towards the end of the game. He didn't.

And more of the vultures venture out after the final whistle- strange how little any of them had to say about the game as it was underway.
Maybe that's because people are busy actually watching the game?

It saddens me to say, as I wanted him to succeed here, but Des is clearly a very, very poor manager, with very little tactical nous, and is not gonna take us forward, and we would be foolish to allow him to continue next season.

It's Clotet levels of shite.

But the manager and players are being paid a huge amount of money by the club and are underperforming and shouldn't get away from scrutiny from the fans just because we may end up homeless in 2 years time.

The fans will still be here even if the owners aren't to start again like a handful of clubs have done.
Fair enough everybody's got concerns about the team & what not .
To me , I know what's more important, the stadium situation is a much bigger worry, than any player or manager ..

Watched that from home, tell you what our problem is, as a side we are too soft.

To be ultimately successful, you need to be able to be horrible b*stards sometimes.

Not having a go at them or saying we need a team of hatchet men. But winners win at all costs and fight for everything.

We don't have that edge.

Up the U's!

Agree with the caller now that you need a stronger centre mid with Brannagan as RR and Bodin are touch players. Brown won player of the season when he was playing left back.

Back
Top Bottom