3 Point Pledge

Saturday games will be easy.
Midweek games probably unachievable given current train time tables.
I'd have to get the 21:55 from OXP to OXF to make the 22:23 connection to Reading in time to get the last train home from there. Unfortunately the next train from Oxford arrives at Reading 1 minute after my last train home departs.
Given current match times add on around five minutes per half, a 19:45 kick off isn't going to finish until around 21:45 and then I'd have to get to the station from the ground which at final whistle is going to be very busy rather than pre-match when people turn up over a much longer period.

Done and will use the Eynsham Park and Ride, if there is a special to the ground.

I chatted to Neil McWilliams, he said it hasn't come up in the conversations.. There was no plan to open the cowley branch line.

As we have reported via the questionnaire, the Loungers will, due to home location, have to use a car as far as the city. However, it is our intention to use the Park & Ride locations around the city and either go into the city pre-match or, travel on by bus to Water Eaton and then walk to the stadium. With the expectation of a shuttle running between Water Eaton and the stadium, it should be possible to avoid any inclement weather with ease.
The hospitality offers at the stadium will also make it possible to arrive early and enjoy a meal or a drink with friends.

MK Dons are very active in Buckingham so a bit of competition. One of there Academy teams played there last week, there was a pre-season friendly there and MK often offer family day tickets by MK18 post code which are heavily discounted.
I live roughly between Buckingham & Winslow so I’m definitely all aboard the new line!
I live between Buckingham and MK, and will definitely be using it from MK. 70 mile round trip by car reduced to 10.

Didcot parkway change at Oxford and train to Oxford Parkway return fare at todays prices £5.60 return, no contest steventon to Oxford Parkway parking and hassle there might be to get out and home…..train beats that hands down.

I currently drive from Witney via Swinford toll bridge, up onto the A34 and around the Oxford ring road to get to the ground. A 36 mile round trip.
To get to the Triangle I would drive to the new Eynsham park and ride and then travel in by bus. A total 12 mile round trip by car and 8 by bus.
That's a total 16 mile reduction and hopefully in a more environmentally friendly way.
Win, win, win!

I currently drive from Witney via Swinford toll bridge, up onto the A34 and around the Oxford ring road to get to the ground. A 36 mile round trip.
To get to the Triangle I would drive to the new Eynsham park and ride and then travel in by bus. A total 12 mile round trip by car and 8 by bus.
That's a total 16 mile reduction and hopefully in a more environmentally friendly way.
Win, win, win!
Hopefully see you on the bus 😊👍

I will be using the train service from Cholsey.

Unless old man @Sarge needs a lift
hoping either the 700 bus service runs on matchdays/ evenings ( currently mon-fri daytime only) , OR that there's a shuttle bus from the near by Thornhill P&R to Ox Parkway P&R (and back) on matchdays/eves

alternatively I could drive to either my Uncle or my Sister n nephew's in North Kidlington n bus from thiers to Parkway/ the Triangle*

* though that kinda doesn't reduce car use really!

but cheers for the offer @Leysboy - may take you up on it, IF needed

Think I'll invest in a gas guzzling motor to go to home games.

hoping either the 700 bus service runs on matchdays/ evenings ( currently mon-fri daytime only) , OR that there's a shuttle bus from the near by Thornhill P&R to Ox Parkway P&R (and back) on matchdays/eves

alternatively I could drive to either my Uncle or my Sister n nephew's in North Kidlington n bus from thiers to Parkway/ the Triangle*

* though that kinda doesn't reduce car use really!

but cheers for the offer @Leysboy - may take you up on it, IF needed
I hope there is a service from thornhill to the new ground, I have to be honest due to health reasons I would rather drive, by the time the ground opens I could well have a blue badge by then

Back
Top Bottom