Home Match Day Thread 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we can just get those final.missing pieces of the squad over the line before the window shuts tomorrow, then we have got a pretty competitive squad for the last 17 (possibly 20) games of the season.

Also assuming the injury list shrinks, rather than expands.

As Ian Dury might've said.....Reasons to be cheerful....🤔

More diabolical defending on show to allow Lang to score despite being surrounded by yellow shirts.

GFISrTuWcAAIgzP

Also assuming the injury list shrinks, rather than expands.
The trouble is we keep assuming the list will shrink rather than expand, but then we keep getting more injuries. Annoying and somewhat depressing.

Can’t see that anyone has mentioned it yet, but after Cam’s great on-the-floor tackle, it was an absolutely beautiful ball from Maguane that created the opening (and the goal) for Tyler.
I don't think this guy generally gets enough praise; he clearly benefited from the rest he had Saturday.

Hello from NZ.
Does Radio Oxford have a 'sports desk' type slot in the mornings? If so, what time? I only get to hear the pre-match and wasn't at the game shows, and sometimes you don't get all the interviews and post-match gossip.
Cheers!

Definitely a point gained last night and an improvement on Saturdays performance.

I thought Leigh, Harris, Brannagan and Goodrham had excellent games.

Their second goal was horrendous defending. Our players literally watched Lang traverse across our area and tuck it into the corner, it was bizarre!

On balance of play we were worthy of a point. As for Portsmouth, they have some excellent players but I thought they looked pretty bereft of ideas and for much of the game looked bang average.

Win Saturday at all costs

Last edited:
Just glad I’m oxford not Portsmouth, drinks breaks, fake head injuries, bells, trumpets, drums and the most deluded fans outside of Sunderland.
Really hope they don’t go up and on watching last night I don’t think they will, Bolton, derby and borough all better than them.
Let’s beat them in the playoffs again.

Can’t see that anyone has mentioned it yet, but after Cam’s great on-the-floor tackle, it was an absolutely beautiful ball from Maguane that created the opening (and the goal) for Tyler.
I don't think this guy generally gets enough praise; he clearly benefited from the rest he had Saturday.
Yes, you are right to highlight that moment of quality from MM. Really cute / defence splitting pass followed up with a great finish..

Thought it was rather enjoyable to be fair.
Considering how "light" we are, in many ways, we gave them a game and didn`t "fold" as we often do.
Cracking goal by Tyler G - think the defender was blocking the keepers view but the lad can certainly hit the ball well and seems strong for a little one, maybe our very own Messi? :)

Fair result between two teams that should be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, all down to who we get through the door in the next day or so.

Well, that was better than most of us expected. Personally think that was one of, if not the best attacking performance we've had under Des so far. Much more attacking intent and drive, a couple of players making better decisions in the final third and we could've scored more. Says a lot when you're actually disappointed with a draw at the end of the game.

The goals we conceded were weak and completely avoidable. Eastwood fumbling it for the first and awful positioning for the second... think his time is up.

Henry still looks composed and is obviously still a really good player on the ball. Maybe shown he still has a role, albeit reduced, to play.

Much better last night - clear way of playing, and well balanced. Promising start from Burey in terms of giving us some pace and width. Some excellent performances through the team that made up for us having so much less than them off the bench.

Any news on Cumming and Stevens’ injuries? Can survive a game or two with Smyth at right back, but would be really concerned if we had to cope with Eastwood for a while.

What a great atmosphere the pompey fans made it last night. Can’t understand why some are slagging them off, at one nil down they never stopped. When they started singing it’s like a libary was 100% spot on.
What’s happened to our supporters, apart from when we scored you could hear a pin drop. The trumpet man gets a special mention, whenever our players went down he belted out a siren tune, priceless

If Bambi could stay on his feet and hit it then we would have won, GOD is hard work at times, but a point is a point.

Thought Harris lead the line very well yesterday.

I have been very impressed with him since the turn of the year, 5 goals in 6 and his all round game has looked sharp.

If only we had a genuine back up option that could have picked up the slack when he was struggling for that period earlier in the season.

Back
Top Bottom