Away Match Day Thread 30/09/2023 L1: Stevenage v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to miss Edwards after his last couple of performances. Surprised Thorniley and Mills not starting. Goes to show that we are unpredictable now and you can’t second guess the side and that no one is guaranteed a place. How refreshing.

COYY

Changing the formation because Edwards is injured, instead of putting Murphy in his place?

Considering the experts here think Murphy is fully within Manning's plans, Manning has a funny way of showing it...

I like Brown as a centre back but not sure this was the game to do it! Guess we'll see in three hours time. COYY's!!

Think Mills being held back so he can rip a new one through a tiring defence later on? But what do I know 🤣

Interesting tweak, presumably to deal with the inevitable emphasis on defending crosses and wide areas. Brave from Manning.

Lack of pace in the potential front 3 is a bit of a worry, Edwards is a huge miss. Strong bench.

Head says 1-1.

This set up and squad does provide an opportunity to bring on the subs with 20/30 mins to go, change the formation and run them ragged.

Yep - Manning has earned some trust, so I’m keen to see how this works out. I do wonder if he picked up on Evans pre-match interview to the Stevenage media where he said he ‘knew more or less exactly’ how we would line up (or words to that effect).

Really disappointed Edwards is out. He’s been brilliant in the last couple of games. Hopefully it’s not too serious!

Big test for Beadle today too. I’m not necessarily of the opinion that Evans’ teams always play like thugs. I think that is unfair and labelling his teams based on how wholly unlikeable he is. But they ARE always robust and the stats show that this side are dangerous from set-pieces. I expect them to try to engineer situations early where they can load players in the box, surround Beadle (plus pull his shirt, nip his heels etc) to put a bit of pressure on the young man. Hope he’s up to the challenge!

the-simpson-krusty.gif

My reaction to that lineup (hope I'm made to eat humble pie later)

Interesting formation. I’m sufficiently confident in LM to feel that it’s highly likely that we will have been using 3-4-3 in training for some time for exactly this sort of fixture.

Let’s see how we go.

Not sure if we’re double bluffing or not - but Leigh, Brown, Moore and Long are definitely warming up as if they are playing in a back 4!

I guess this is a tactic to deal with a shitty horrible team- we’ve lost to them so far this season and need to be able to deal with them better. It’s Wycombe soon!

Get the feeling Evans has won the mind games. He said in an interview this week he knows exactly how we'll line up. Manning then changes shape.

Let's see how it goes.
Get the feeling Manning knows what he’s doing. Have faith, we’re second in the table ….

Changing the formation because Edwards is injured, instead of putting Murphy in his place?

Considering the experts here think Murphy is fully within Manning's plans, Manning has a funny way of showing it...
1. Is the formation definitely changed? Is that confirmed yet?
2. Is Mills in Manning’s plans then?
3. Murphy came on as a sub last week and is again on the bench today. Hardly completely out of his plans…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom