Away Match Build Up 19/08/2023 - L1: Barnsley v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say this is a perfect game for the old "don't change a winning team" line. We have some nice options if that doesn't work but must be worth another run out for the same starting eleven to see how they fare. Can't see Bodin being dropped, not least because he's our most experienced head. Whatever happens I'm really looking forward to this one.

Bodin has done very well to force his way into the team. Manning seems to.like him and to be fair he has played pretty well so far.
If we can keep him fit, he will certainly score a few this season
And he was our only player over 30 who started Tuesday.

Bodin has done very well to force his way into the team. Manning seems to.like him and to be fair he has played pretty well so far.
If we can keep him fit, he will certainly score a few this season
And he was our only player over 30 who started Tuesday.
he needs to wear his scoring boots first, or buy a new pair

I’m going for the draw. Given Tuesday’s performance you could argue for the win but that might be too big an achievement this early in the season/project. Please prove me wrong chaps.

Barnsley 1 - Oxford United 1.

With 5 subs now, having a regular routine of bodin swapping out for Rodrigues could be a real winner

Manning will be looking to constantly rotate players. McEachran and Rodrigues weren't "dropped" for Tuesday, and McGuane and Bodin won't be "dropped" tomorrow if they make way. It will be about managing game time and I think we'll be looking at pairs of players succeeding rather than individuals playing 50+ games.

Manning will be looking to constantly rotate players. McEachran and Rodrigues weren't "dropped" for Tuesday, and McGuane and Bodin won't be "dropped" tomorrow if they make way. It will be about managing game time and I think we'll be looking at pairs of players succeeding rather than individuals playing 50+ games.
Although McGuane I would have thought has done enough to be starting tomorrow

Although McGuane I would have thought has done enough to be starting tomorrow

He looked great, but arguably McEachran had done enough against Carlisle to have kept his place (although I appreciate that 3 games in a week is probably too much for him).

I would be interested in seeing a midfield two of McGuane and McEachran, with Cam rotating out.

I think you could make the argument that Cam, MM, McEachran, Bodin and RR all deserve to play based on what we've seen so far.

Suspect Manning may move Bodin out wide again - although that in turn will mean either Browne or Tyler taking a seat, which they probably don't deserve either.

But one of the other four will have to start on the bench. Nice problem to have, and they'll all get plenty of chances to contribute before the season's over.......

I was also thinking about the strength, or comparative lack of it, of League One this season.

I'd be happy with a point Saturday (as I think most would). But looking at the fixture list, and how other clubs are doing in terms of signings, performances and finanical shenanigans........I'm honestly not sure that I'm going to say that again until Wigan on October 24th, and after that not until late November/early December when we play Bolton & Posh back-to-back.

(maybe you'd be OK with a point at Lincoln, and at Stevenage if they keep up their current form, but I don't think you'd say you'd be happy with a point against either).

Things change, injury crises happen, form comes and goes.......but right now, this season looks like a real opportunity for us (and a few other well-run League One stalwarts)

Guess that's the natural net result when you get a year of financial basket cases coming down from the Championship, and solid but mediocre, and not particularly well-resourced sides coming up from League Two.

McGuane was our best player Tuesday so can't see him being dropped.

I would actually like to see us play all 3 at some point and give Cam & McGuane more of a license, perhaps this would be the ideal game as they have a very good midfield 3.

I can't see that happening, but I can see one of the three behind Harris being rotated, either Rodrigues for Bodin or Mills for Goodrham perhaps?
I’d have all three ideally with Rodriguez pulling the strings 3:2:3:1:1 (is that possible - what happened to 2:3:5(?)), but at the moment we lack width as full backs won’t be providing such. That said, whilst we still need a Neil Slatter type, at least in one of those positions (ideally a left and right version), thought Brown and Long were superb Tuesday night and would struggle to drop them on that basis.

Anyone know if you can purchase away tickets on the day? I've got an unexpected last minute free Saturday and given its 25 mins up the road it seems to make sense.....

Anyone know if you can purchase away tickets on the day? I've got an unexpected last minute free Saturday and given its 25 mins up the road it seems to make sense.....
Nothing makes sense when you follow Oxford lol....I've only had 56 + years of it. Best to phone the Barnsley T.O when they open in the morning and tbh with Barnsley situated in Yorkshire they are sure to accommodate.

COYY'S

Nothing makes sense when you follow Oxford lol....I've only had 56 + years of it. Best to phone the Barnsley T.O when they open in the morning and tbh with Barnsley situated in Yorkshire they are sure to accommodate.

COYY'S
I have a broad Yorkshire accent in any case so it could well have to be the home end worst case :)

The Lincoln Yellows are on the train again for this one.... 3 away games in a fortnight...
another difficult game however a game we can come away with a positive result....

We are a better side than last season however as we know we could turn up and play like Tuesday night at Derby or be out played and out witted as we were at Cambridge and Bristol City......

In any case I’m going for a 2-1 away win....

Barnsley Tykes - 1
Oxford United - 2 (Harris, Rodrigues)
Att - 11,234 (763 Yellows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom