Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

Over the two legs against Peterborough, Moore has probably been our best player.

There was one shot in the first half last night which he bravely stuck his head in the way of, didn’t flinch.

Also liked the way he took charge of the situation when Rodrigues was being booked, pushed the Posh player away whilst having a chat with the ref and calming Ruben down a bit.

Over the two legs against Peterborough, Moore has probably been our best player.

There was one shot in the first half last night which he bravely stuck his head in the way of, didn’t flinch.

Also liked the way he took charge of the situation when Rodrigues was being booked, pushed the Posh player away whilst having a chat with the ref and calming Ruben down a bit.
Yes. I noticed that. A proper captain’s intervention

May not have pace, but brilliant in every other respect recently.
I saw him the day after a certain Scouse Plonker took the captaincy away from him (IIRC to give it “joint” to Cam and Long) and he Seemed to be somewhat low in spirits, unsurprisingly.
Not a shouter and yeller, but clearly well respected among his teammates.

If we win on the 18th, then Moore's one of probably only 3-4 players that I would expect/hope to see starting our first game back in the Championship (not that it was called that last time we were in it!). Although there's many more of our current players that I think can be part of a successful squad at that level.

Ciaron Brown has also been a titan this season, and especially over the last couple of months, so would want him to stay next year......but I think we would desperately need a faster ball-playing CB to play alongside Moore at that level.

If, Heaven forbid, we don't win - then happy to pencil Moore-Brown in for 46 games in League One next year!

If we win on the 18th, then Moore's one of probably only 3-4 players that I would expect/hope to see starting our first game back in the Championship (not that it was called that last time we were in it!). Although there's many more of our current players that I think can be part of a successful squad at that level.

Ciaron Brown has also been a titan this season, and especially over the last couple of months, so would want him to stay next year......but I think we would desperately need a faster ball-playing CB to play alongside Moore at that level.

If, Heaven forbid, we don't win - then happy to pencil Moore-Brown in for 46 games in League One next year!

How many do you realistically see being here if we stay down?

How many do you realistically see being here if we stay down?

Want or expect?

If it's want, then I think I would be absolutely happy with starting next season in League One with 9 or 10 of the starting XI from yesterday plus a new RB (and maybe a new GK.....although Cumming has been massively improved since the Shrews game, and is slowly winning me over). The summer would be all about putting together much better depth than we have now.

Expect? I think the players we might lose, in descending order of likelihood are Murphy, Tyler, Cam & Moore. Best guess, we'd probably lose the first two but keep the latter two. And then our summer becomes tougher because we also have to replace them (although hopefully we're then counting a big pile of cash from the Goodrham sale. I'm not advocating that we sell him unless it's a big offer).

Back
Top Bottom