National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

It was in response to your incorrect statement. :)

Bridgen seems to think the 1922 will get him out by the Summer recess, 21st July.

In that time frame they need to change the 1922 Exec, change the rules and get the vote on the table at least so the grey suits can knock on the door with an envelope asking if they should open it.

Set your alarm.............. 🕰️
Lets hope he stays until Party Conference season, just imagine what fun that going to be.

1922 elections are this/next weekend aren't they?

Another few days to seal Blojo's fate then.

Caught a bit of Gavin Barwell (still can't believe he's actually a Lord...he must know more dirt about Bozza[emoji23]) and some other Tory on R4 earlier. One of them said that Boris had told one Minister it would take a flamethrower to get him out of No.10.....

#Everyone patiently waits for oil prices to fall so we can afford the petrol.....

Corporation tax cuts incoming from what Zahawi has intimated.

Wrong focus yet again from the out of touch party that still favour looking after the big people, in the vain hope that the little people might see some benefit whilst in reality they end up suffering the most.

A little unfair.

The majority of businesses subject to corporation tax are small family owned businesses.

1922 elections are this/next weekend aren't they?

Another few days to seal Blojo's fate then.

Caught a bit of Gavin Barwell (still can't believe he's actually a Lord...he must know more dirt about Bozza[emoji23]) and some other Tory on R4 earlier. One of them said that Boris had told one Minister it would take a flamethrower to get him out of No.10.....

#Everyone patiently waits for oil prices to fall so we can afford the petrol.....

It's more than a little depressing to me that something named the 1922 committee can still hold so much sway...

Corporation tax cuts incoming from what Zahawi has intimated.

Wrong focus yet again from the out of touch party that still favour looking after the big people, in the vain hope that the little people might see some benefit whilst in reality they end up suffering the most.
well, maybe reversing the planned increase set for next year - but can't see cuts.

A little unfair.

The majority of businesses subject to corporation tax are small family owned businesses.
Sorry, but the majority of business owners are not the poorest and most vulnerable in society are they?

I accept many might go to the wall, but that is kind of inevitable in the absolute skip fire our economy is becoming.

Whilst they might struggle and some may lose their businesses, the most vulnerable will be at risk of losing their lives.

It’s the end of the road for Boris. Too many fibs now.

Why he appointed Mr Pincher I will never know. It’s not a problem for the Conservative party. It’s an opportunity for someone to go into number 10, and galvanise the party, because let’s face it Kier Starmer doesn’t exactly set the pulses racing. “Men should have cervix’s idiot!”

It’s best for the Conservative party this has happened now, before they head into a 1997 style election.

I’m positive this is a good move, but Boris was the right man at the time to put in number 10, to get Brexit done, and now I’ve decided that he’s a cheerleader, and not a leader, and he’s been found out.
Yes, I see the Daily Heil has turned on Johnson. :unsure:

It's more than a little depressing to me that something named the 1922 committee can still hold so much sway...
Bit too modern for Jacob Rees Mogg I would think.

Whats wrong with the 1852 committee???

Y
Because he's trolling, at a guess[emoji848]
Yes, he supports the Tories like a football team. We don't really think OUFC are 'the greatest team the world has ever seen' but we support them - unfortunately, having that attitude to politics and the life of other people is disastrous.

Sorry, but the majority of business owners are not the poorest and most vulnerable in society are they?

I accept many might go to the wall, but that is kind of inevitable in the absolute skip fire our economy is becoming.

Whilst they might struggle and some may lose their businesses, the most vulnerable will be at risk of losing their lives.
To go to the wall. you make losses and in that situation you do not pay Corporation Tax. I totally agree with your fundamental point that the poorest in society, saving in tax is quite literally an irrelevance. The so called targeted help always seam to target the wrong people. It appears focused on voters not lives.

To go to the wall. you make losses and in that situation you do not pay Corporation Tax. I totally agree with your fundamental point that the poorest in society, saving in tax is quite literally an irrelevance. The so called targeted help always seam to target the wrong people. It appears focused on voters not lives.
Good point - doubly irrelevant!

I expect to see a lot more "red meat" type stuff being vomited out by no.10 over the next couple of weeks, while they continue to miss the point spectacularly - should be a right laugh!

I am not sure that it has that much sway.
It is a representation of the backbenchers. They seem to be more and more in favour of Boris leaving but whist most of the cabinet back him, he can pretty much stay there.
All the 1922 committee can do is to allow a no confidence vote in the PM if numbers are high enough.

I am not sure that it has that much sway.
It is a representation of the backbenchers. They seem to be more and more in favour of Boris leaving but whist most of the cabinet back him, he can pretty much stay there.
All the 1922 committee can do is to allow a no confidence vote in the PM if numbers are high enough.
I think the big thing here is that 12 have already resigned from the government to take up their position on the back bench and certainly none of them would support Johnson in a NCV. I think there will be many more who would vote differently if asked today and I would wager none in favour of Blojo.

So all it takes is a change to the committee membership to sway it in favour of a rule change to allow a second NC vote (which is most certainly on the cards with committee elections very soon and such a toxic atmosphere within the Parliamentary Party). It then goes to a vote (as I am sue the threshold for letters will be easily met.

And then it will be bye-bye Boris!

Tories on R4 this morning were saying it is getting to the point hat Boris will struggle to fill all the positions in Government if the numbers cvontinue to go against him.

That said, this is the most bloated government in Parliamentary history with a massive 160 posts to fill!

EDIT - make that 13 government resignations...... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...c54c949db6d5693fa58563&pinned_post_type=share

Disagree.

If you want to get the economy moving and those less well off the opportunity to find greater work opportunities, you need to look after one of the big drivers.

People call for investment to get the economy moving. That comes with a balance of spending and tax cuts.

Many of these business are not “The big People”

Last edited:

you only pay tax on profits as long as they break even they'll be ok

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom