Club identity/wearing away and 3rd kit unnecessarily

It's all individual opinion I know, but I've never lost sight of our club identity and wearing yellow, but don't have so much of an issue with us wearing different colours away.

It's all individual opinion I know, but I've never lost sight of our club identity and wearing yellow, but don't have so much of an issue with us wearing different colours away.
Would have been nice seeing Brannagan make history in yellow... and the four very good goals yesterday, rather than in white.

Jerseys, shorts and socks should not clash between teams and officials including goalkeepers. There have been some strange decisions to allow goalkeepers to wear identical kits pretty much this season for some reason.
The recent home game v Bolton we both wore very dark shorts.

I'm not sure that Cam's penalties or the four great goals yesterday are in anyway devalued because we weren't playing in yellow. Anymore than the 6 we scored at Lincoln or Ruffels last minute goal at Shrewsbury were devalued by the white kit with the diagonal stripe.

I'm not sure that Cam's penalties or the four great goals yesterday are in anyway devalued because we weren't playing in yellow. Anymore than the 6 we scored at Lincoln or Ruffels last minute goal at Shrewsbury were devalued by the white kit with the diagonal stripe.

I see that Cam Bran ‘s four penalties are now a guardian question if has been equalled or better in world football. Nobody has yet asked if it matters what kit they were wearing …

Jerseys, shorts and socks should not clash between teams and officials including goalkeepers. There have been some strange decisions to allow goalkeepers to wear identical kits pretty much this season for some reason.
I think it's down to the referee's discretion. Some don't seem to have a problem with keepers wearing the same colours and shorts being the same colour, but others are sticklers for it.

Who said they were? Just would have been good if the history was made in yellow.

Who said they were? Just would have been good if the history was made in yellow.

My Photoshop bill is in the post.
df1c4834d7a15f91f969a1a889fdc71a.jpg

In my personal view if we can wear yellow, we should. It is a vital part of our club identity. I'm always disappointed not to see us not in the colour associated with us and the colour our supporters sing about.

Don't agree with the other arguments but each to their own.

It was a shame that we were’nt playing in yellow on Saturday. There was no reason not to.

There we were , all 2.5k of us chanting ‘yellows, yellows’ and we’re patently not.

Our third kit is desperately uninspiring, looks like Jackson Pollock’s been busy on the front.

A minor gripe admittedly.

It was a shame that we were’nt playing in yellow on Saturday. There was no reason not to.

There we were , all 2.5k of us chanting ‘yellows, yellows’ and we’re patently not.

Our third kit is desperately uninspiring, looks like Jackson Pollock’s been busy on the front.

A minor gripe admittedly.
I will never understand it. Love see us in the iconic yellow and blue, we are playing against a team who play in red and white FFS.

It is sort of a minor gripe but sometimes it's the minor things that infuriate me the most!

N

Maybe someone can clarify whether it matters if shorts clash? By wearing white we had the same shorts as Charlton, whereas if we’d worn our home kit we’d have been totally different.

I don’t feel strongly but would like to see yellow in more away games, especially in place of that black.
Shorts colour rules have changed somewhat this year.

"Where both Clubs request to play in the same, or similar, coloured shorts then an application to do so shall be made to the appointed match referee whose consent shall not be unreasonably withheld."

Historically, we have worn Yellow Shorts when playing away against teams with dark shorts. However, another new EFL rules state that only components from the registered home, away and third kits can be used, hence no all-yellow variations this year. Perhaps the all-black kit would have been better with yellow shorts? (More options).

Regarding wearing Away and Third kits unnecessarily, I would make two points. Firstly, the club has fewer income streams than most others, so wearing alternate colours regularly must have a positive impact on replica shirt sales. Secondly, kits today are far less robust than the good old days, so reducing the use of the Home colours, means fewer replacements are required throughout the season. (Cost saving).

Shorts colour rules have changed somewhat this year.

"Where both Clubs request to play in the same, or similar, coloured shorts then an application to do so shall be made to the appointed match referee whose consent shall not be unreasonably withheld."

Historically, we have worn Yellow Shorts when playing away against teams with dark shorts. However, another new EFL rules state that only components from the registered home, away and third kits can be used, hence no all-yellow variations this year. Perhaps the all-black kit would have been better with yellow shorts? (More options).

Regarding wearing Away and Third kits unnecessarily, I would make two points. Firstly, the club has fewer income streams than most others, so wearing alternate colours regularly must have a positive impact on replica shirt sales. Secondly, kits today are far less robust than the good old days, so reducing the use of the Home colours, means fewer replacements are required throughout the season. (Cost saving).
Thanks, great to have some actual information! I mainly hope we can avoid the black shirts and white shorts, and in general don’t like black or grey kits.

Yhe way Karl and others have spoken this week shows that our identity is so much more than simply the colour of the shirt we wear away.

Back
Top Bottom