International News Covid-19 .....

Nothing much to report, except those who are eligible will start getting their Spring booster appointments from today.

77 positive inpatients.
1 positive in ITU.
Average 50-60 admissions a week.

Nothing much to report, except those who are eligible will start getting their Spring booster appointments from today.

77 positive inpatients.
1 positive in ITU.
Average 50-60 admissions a week.
You have anything on the new variant which is apparently becoming dominant in India? Much the same as existing ones? I can't believe there will be much fuss about it this winter.

You have anything on the new variant which is apparently becoming dominant in India? Much the same as existing ones? I can't believe there will be much fuss about it this winter.

Currently not causing severe disease...... Arcturus is its "name".
Known pathologically as XBB.1.16 its a new sub-variant that resulted from the combination of BA.2.10.1 and BA.2.75, with a shared mutation also found in XBB.1.5. (Omicron)
Seems more transmissible and has already been found in the UK.

Nothing much more.

I have just tested negative , tested positive on 31st March, test reported at 8.00, antivirals courier from JR by 8.30pm, finished those by the following Wed, a week later strong positive test, 6 days later negative. This is quite common so I read, I had 2 days when I felt as rough as when I was undergoing Chemotherapy, for the rest of the it felt like I was full of snot all the time, I don’t want to get this again

Currently not causing severe disease...... Arcturus is its "name".
Known pathologically as XBB.1.16 its a new sub-variant that resulted from the combination of BA.2.10.1 and BA.2.75, with a shared mutation also found in XBB.1.5. (Omicron)
Seems more transmissible and has already been found in the UK.

Nothing much more.
Can't hear the word Arcturus without thinking about Hank Scorpio in the Simpsons.

I have just tested negative , tested positive on 31st March, test reported at 8.00, antivirals courier from JR by 8.30pm, finished those by the following Wed, a week later strong positive test, 6 days later negative. This is quite common so I read, I had 2 days when I felt as rough as when I was undergoing Chemotherapy, for the rest of the it felt like I was full of snot all the time, I don’t want to get this again

Its pleasing when the system works as efficiently as that, hope all goes well.

Footnote - 4 out of 9 from MrsEY(Mk2)`s office have tested positive.

Its 4 out of 5 who went to a conference a few days ago.

Guess which 1 hasn`t tested positive and never did even when I had it?

Yep - Superwoman!

Footnote - 4 out of 9 from MrsEY(Mk2)`s office have tested positive.

Its 4 out of 5 who went to a conference a few days ago.

Guess which 1 hasn`t tested positive and never did even when I had it?

Yep - Superwoman!

Think I read somewhere that certain people don't test positive?

It's been the same for me, there was a couple weeks when everyone I spent any time with seemed to test positive shortly afterwards but I never once did. Ever.

Just as a complete aside....

... someone in our office has just asked whether COVID can be transmitted by fart....!!!

Got my next invite for booster by text today, need to confirm when I can have it as only tested negative on Monday after 2 weeks of positive tests

Just as a complete aside....

... someone in our office has just asked whether COVID can be transmitted by fart....!!!

Given some of our Conservative politicians speak out the ar$e, then quite probably. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom