CZE v ENG

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
So? Seven points, no goals conceded. We can all cherrypick the boys of evidence to support the argument.

Sit and moan all you like about going through. I’m satisfied they made it. Like I said, some England fans choose to find fault at every turn and some of them post on this thread.
just highlighting its nothing to do with winning 5=0 every game its about trying to play attacking football that doesnt bore everyone to death.

State of this thread. The usual pissy England fans who think we’re entitled to win everything and push all and sundry aside 5-0 every game. It’s like they learn nothing from every tournament they watch.

I’m out. If you can’t be happy with going through when the Scots don’t, you’ll never be. If by some miracle England do win it, it’ll be bemoaned by many as too boring.

There’s no point in emotional investment in England. There’s too many negative manners dragging them down even when they win matches.
I appreciate that one or two people might have been a bit more scathing than others, and maybe the odd person does have slightly higher hopes than most (which in some more extreme cases could border on unreasonable expectations), but it’s not worth chucking your cake on the floor over. I don’t know if your pants are any drier than anybody else’s at the moment. We’ve all had a cola.

Come on, let’s go back inside. It’s balloon animals in a minute. Uncle Hendo will be disappointed if we aren’t there to see them. He’s only in the squad for this!

State of this thread. The usual pissy England fans who think we’re entitled to win everything and push all and sundry aside 5-0 every game. It’s like they learn nothing from every tournament they watch.

I’m out. If you can’t be happy with going through when the Scots don’t, you’ll never be. If by some miracle England do win it, it’ll be bemoaned by many as too boring.

There’s no point in emotional investment in England. There’s too many negative manners dragging them down even when they win matches.
But it was so dire in achieving getting to the top of our group. Hate to say it but if the next game is as dire as the previous 3 games then that’s the end of the Euro’s for us.

So? Seven points, no goals conceded. We can all cherrypick the boys of evidence to support the argument.

Sit and moan all you like about going through. I’m satisfied they made it. Like I said, some England fans choose to find fault at every turn and some of them post on this thread.
And play like we’ve done so far whether we’ve got 7 points and scored 2’without conceding, that I’m afraid means didly squat with the big boys in the next round.

I appreciate that one or two people might have been a bit more scathing than others, and maybe the odd person does have slightly higher hopes than most (which in some more extreme cases could border on unreasonable expectations), but it’s not worth chucking your cake on the floor over. I don’t know if your pants are any drier than anybody else’s at the moment. We’ve all had a cola.

Come on, let’s go back inside. It’s balloon animals in a minute. Uncle Hendo will be disappointed if we aren’t there to see them. He’s only in the squad for this!

It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to!

I’m in big boy pants now but still need the plastic sheets at night. Just in case, mind.

Well that was an uninspiring second half,especially as we werent under any pressure to get a result. Harry sadly looks a bit knackered. Ironically he was winning a lot of headers towards the end of the match but there was nobody trying to latch onto his flick ons. Im not convinced by Southgate he seems to have the handbrake on and that wont win the tournament. Rashford has been a big disappointment Saka Grealish and Maguire were positives. Got a feeling this might be a tournament too soon for this team. Hope Im proved wrong

Thing is, England have never done THAT great in tournaments, even when they've gone far. 1986 all over the place, losing to Portugal and drawing against Morocco...all people remember is the Hand of God. 1990 only a Mark Wright header against Egypt prevented a coin toss (?) to see who went through, then Cameroon almost showed us up...all people remember is pens against the Germans. Even last World Cup they needed penalties to beat a limited Colombia side.

And that's before the tournaments where they haven't done well. 1988, 1992, 2014, 2016.

Sorry mate, but they seem to perform pretty well at club level. Is that just by chance, or is it because they are managed by competent professionals that know how to get the best out of talented players? I don’t see Mount/James/Foden/Sancho/Kane/Shaw etc etc struggling to play well, when they’re playing at club level. Southgate is a fraud. The sooner he is gone, the better.

Like you say, they perform "pretty well". You don't look at them and think they're the best in Europe or anything.

Judge Southgate at the end of the (our) tournament. If we go out in the next round he'll be in very good company.

Just reflecting on the great excitement of the last Euros:

A goalless draw against Slovakia, and a draw with Russia! Finishing second in the group behind Wales! Exit to Iceland!

By Christ the excitement of all the above seems a long way off now.

Like you say, they perform "pretty well". You don't look at them and think they're the best in Europe or anything.

Judge Southgate at the end of the (our) tournament. If we go out in the next round he'll be in very good company.
Disagree.

I think. Mount/Grealish/Sancho/Kane/Foden/Trent all look like they’re up there with the best in Europe, while playing at club level.

For me, this has been worse than the Scotland game.
Not sure if this is a joke or not but England dominated the game far more than against Scotland, who could easily have scored and won the game - Czech had a couple of chances late on but England were far more controlled and never really in trouble. Also I’d say we created more chances against the Czechs.

Back
Top Bottom