Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Ha ha! He sounds like the ultimate t**t. We can expect more local newspaper headlines about him in years to come, I'm sure.
His instagram basically confirms this. Also has a second instagram where he is documenting "evidence that his nightclub has been stolen from him"

Seems to be desperate to get some media coverage from it.

I have to say that is exactly the opposite attitude to me and I would welcome them into the league.

One of the benefits of the pyramid system is that it rewards achievement, and if Bromley/Solihull or anyone else is good enough, then they should have the chance. After all, *we* had to 'apply' to be allowed into the football league initially - and the attitude that 'well they aren't an old school league club so we won't let them in' would have completely scuppered us! It's better now clubs get there on merit. I'd imagine there are fans of Prem clubs looking askance at the likes of Bournemouth or Brentford (both safe for another year) and saying they aren't 'proper' top flight clubs. If the 'proper old clubs' (who often have a bigger fan base than some of the smaller clubs) can't use their advantages well enough to get out of non-league then that's hard luck. One of them (Luton) have managed to resurrect themselves from non-league and get into the Prem within 10 years (much as I dislike that particular club).

There's a difference though between recognizing a club deserves to get into the football league because they've put together a great team on the field, and wanting other clubs to get back into the football league because they have the fans, tradition and infrastructure.

Since promotion from the National League to the EFL became automatic in 1986, the biggest and most successful club to emerge from non-league are Wycombe....a team that we still love to deride as being hilariously tinpot.

This year, there were five of those post-1986 promoted clubs in League One (Wycombe, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Fleetwood & Burton). Want to hazard a guess at who the five worst supported teams were? Yep, it's them. And none cracked an average of 5,000.

And there were eight post-1986 promoted clubs in League Two (not including AFCW because of their history, but including Barrow because they were a non-league club for half a century) and once again, they're occupying the bottom eight slots in the attendance table - Morecambe leading the way with 4,002. Meanwhile the three old school league clubs that had long stays in non-league before returning in the last couple of years (Wrexham, Notts County, Stockport) all averaged 9,300+

Football is just more fun when there's more opposition fans. And all the data suggests that the traditional football league clubs have them whilst the new breed don't.
Which is why we can recognize that either Bromley or Solihull deserve to get into the EFL.....but still cheer the fact that Sutton & FGR are going the other way, and hope that Oldham & Southend sort themselves out and return soon.

Is it too much to ask that a father contributes to his child’s upbringing? Just because her new partner is loaded, doesn’t mean he has to pay for another’s child. Luke Foster is an odious individual who was rightfully shipped out from the club for, shall we say, non footballing reasons, and Rebekah Vardy is also hideous, but that isn’t the kids fault. In addition, the article is from 2017 so not recent.
He would have been contributing to the child's upbringing when the child is with him, no? He has to compensate her for the money she spends on the child, but she doesn't have to compensate him... the logic of child maintenance 🙌

Everything we know about Rebekah Vardy is she's an odious liar. Other than growing a bit of weed I know little about Foster's personal life.

Neither of those look like brilliant signings for FGR in retrospect! I hadn't been keeping tabs on Holland and am slightly surprised how low his stock has fallen; when he was with us, I thought he looked as if he'd have a pretty bright future at a higher level than where he has dropped to. Presumably that 208 minutes is down to injury again?

Neither of those look like brilliant signings for FGR in retrospect! I hadn't been keeping tabs on Holland and am slightly surprised how low his stock has fallen; when he was with us, I thought he looked as if he'd have a pretty bright future at a higher level than where he has dropped to. Presumably that 208 minutes is down to injury again?
It's a real shame, I think injury has done for him. He wasn't outstanding for us but was pretty decent and scored a couple of memorable goals.

He would have been contributing to the child's upbringing when the child is with him, no? He has to compensate her for the money she spends on the child, but she doesn't have to compensate him... the logic of child maintenance 🙌

Everything we know about Rebekah Vardy is she's an odious liar. Other than growing a bit of weed I know little about Foster's personal life.
Er, a father pays child maintenance wherever the child is

Er, a father pays child maintenance wherever the child is
Yeah, so he essentially pays for the child twice... He pays for the time he spends with the child, and also the time he doesn't. The mother only has to pay for the time she spends with them, and even that is still subsidised by the father.

Despite the Oxford links I don’t really want Bromley or Solihull in the league- shame a proper old club didn’t get through. At least Sutton and FGR are dropping out.
Don't lump Sutton in with FGR!

Sutton have a really rich history in non-league and a solid supporter base. They've had many amazing giant killings and were founded in 1898! They're a smaller club yes but they're nowhere near like a FGR, Fleetwood, Salford or MK. It was a gradual growth done with good management.

It's an old school stadium, good football people around.

Yeah, so he essentially pays for the child twice... He pays for the time he spends with the child, and also the time he doesn't. The mother only has to pay for the time she spends with them, and even that is still subsidised by the father.
Who pays child maintenance depends on who is the custodial parent (i.e., who the child lives with primarily). This can be the mother paying maintenance, although it is really rare.

Don't lump Sutton in with FGR!

Sutton have a really rich history in non-league and a solid supporter base. They've had many amazing giant killings and were founded in 1898! They're a smaller club yes but they're nowhere near like a FGR, Fleetwood, Salford or MK. It was a gradual growth done with good management.

It's an old school stadium, good football people around.
Yes true, I remember they beat Coventry in the cup once.

Who pays child maintenance depends on who is the custodial parent (i.e., who the child lives with primarily). This can be the mother paying maintenance, although it is really rare.
It's just a broken system, really. There should be strict laws on what it can and can't be used for. The way it's calculated is totally wrong too.

Yes true, I remember they beat Coventry in the cup once.
Forest Green were a proper club before Vince, he changed their kit coloir and made them his narcissism vehicle, but they go back to the 1800s and belong around NLS/NL level.

Salford are a miniscule club, again, owners changed their kit, a joke club.

Fleetwood, don't get me started. Had attendances of 50 odd before Pilley punged money in. North Leigh are bigger.

It's just a broken system, really. There should be strict laws on what it can and can't be used for. The way it's calculated is totally wrong too.
Some of what you have said earlier in this thread I find ridiculous, but I do agree the system is flawed.
I have had custody of my son since he was 5. He lived with me for 70% of the time from age 5 until he was 12, then he stopped seeing his mum for 4 years and I never claimed a penny from his mum. My son quit college midway through his a-levels and went through a rocky stage and went to live with his mum. Within a week I had a call from the CSA wanting money. Fortunately, he moved back home within a month and sorted himself out. I was furious that the system gave no consideration to the preceding 12yrs of his life and were demanding £700 a month from me.

Back
Top Bottom