Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Ryan Burge still not a fan of Port Vale
That's playing the long game. Dispute with club in 2013.

Do you reckon we could get Des to do the same one day?

Also wasn't he on Police Camera Action once?

Ryan Burge still not a fan of Port Vale

Imagine the carnage he could have made if he'd been appointed manager: https://www.gloucestershirelive.co..../cheltenham-footballer-apply-port-vale-488802

:ROFLMAO:

Despite the Oxford links I don’t really want Bromley or Solihull in the league- shame a proper old club didn’t get through. At least Sutton and FGR are dropping out.
I have to say that is exactly the opposite attitude to me and I would welcome them into the league.

One of the benefits of the pyramid system is that it rewards achievement, and if Bromley/Solihull or anyone else is good enough, then they should have the chance. After all, *we* had to 'apply' to be allowed into the football league initially - and the attitude that 'well they aren't an old school league club so we won't let them in' would have completely scuppered us! It's better now clubs get there on merit. I'd imagine there are fans of Prem clubs looking askance at the likes of Bournemouth or Brentford (both safe for another year) and saying they aren't 'proper' top flight clubs. If the 'proper old clubs' (who often have a bigger fan base than some of the smaller clubs) can't use their advantages well enough to get out of non-league then that's hard luck. One of them (Luton) have managed to resurrect themselves from non-league and get into the Prem within 10 years (much as I dislike that particular club).

Many a true word spoken in jest!

What a bitch!
Does Rebekah Vardy do anything else beside taking people to court to get money from them? You'd think a woman living a life of luxury because of her loaded husband would give it a rest.

I have to say that is exactly the opposite attitude to me and I would welcome them into the league.

One of the benefits of the pyramid system is that it rewards achievement, and if Bromley/Solihull or anyone else is good enough, then they should have the chance. After all, *we* had to 'apply' to be allowed into the football league initially - and the attitude that 'well they aren't an old school league club so we won't let them in' would have completely scuppered us! It's better now clubs get there on merit. I'd imagine there are fans of Prem clubs looking askance at the likes of Bournemouth or Brentford (both safe for another year) and saying they aren't 'proper' top flight clubs. If the 'proper old clubs' (who often have a bigger fan base than some of the smaller clubs) can't use their advantages well enough to get out of non-league then that's hard luck. One of them (Luton) have managed to resurrect themselves from non-league and get into the Prem within 10 years (much as I dislike that particular club).
That's probably the sensible mature approach, and I agree about the PL, but at the lower end I like to see the old names like Southend, Rochdale, and Oldham. A lot of those clubs have suffered dodgy owners and money troubles, which I sympathise with.

That's probably the sensible mature approach, and I agree about the PL, but at the lower end I like to see the old names like Southend, Rochdale, and Oldham. A lot of those clubs have suffered dodgy owners and money troubles, which I sympathise with.
I think we all sympathise with clubs that have had those troubles: it's too close to home not to!

Does Rebekah Vardy do anything else beside taking people to court to get money from them? You'd think a woman living a life of luxury because of her loaded husband would give it a rest.
Is it too much to ask that a father contributes to his child’s upbringing? Just because her new partner is loaded, doesn’t mean he has to pay for another’s child. Luke Foster is an odious individual who was rightfully shipped out from the club for, shall we say, non footballing reasons, and Rebekah Vardy is also hideous, but that isn’t the kids fault. In addition, the article is from 2017 so not recent.

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom