FA Cup FA Cup 2nd round - Sutton United (H)

No chance (if we get there) L1 at home to L2 - plenty more attractive than that surely. At least it should mean Saturday at 3pm kick -off.

More chance of our replay being on TV and that won't happen. Got to win the replay first anyway.

Awful draw, terrible. Sutton away would have been a good day out in London on the way to their non league ramshackle ground.
Why do we never seem to get any good away days any more.
Back to the non league days of a drum infested mob of school boys on their cup final, alongside old punters, who have followed their club since they played in the Surrey County League 4.:ROFLMAO:

2015-16 Braintree
2016-17 Merstham and Middlesbrough
2018-19 Brentford
2019-20 Hayes and Yeading and Newcastle

A mix of novelty away grounds and fun days out.

Yeah, you’re likely to draw a fellow League club who you’ve played loads of times from time to time - Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham, Port Vale to name a few in recent memory - but in terms of away days we’d been treated to some really good ones.

So many people find a way to moan about the first and second rounds. Think about it for a second and you realise that you’re likely to draw one of the 47 other league clubs plus a load of NL sides who we are familiar with than the lowly ranked side who have navigated eight rounds of the competition already. Celebrate the good draws and get your head down to get through the tougher ties, like we have to do in the replay.

I can't think of a time when we were LESS likely to be a TV game - no chance. If it was at Sutton then possibly.
Plus it's a great draw IMO - the 2nd Round is always the worst round - aside from Scum away all you really want is the easiest game to get through to the 3rd Round. There's hardly any attractive ties to be had in the 2nd Round.
But yes, got to get past Rovers first!
COYY.

• React
Reactions: ljs
If we get past rovers for selfish reason I hope the Sutton game will be either the Monday or Friday 7:45 because I can’t make the Saturday or Sunday my weekend to work 😕

Round 2 TV games confirmed as follows

Bbc will show

Yeovil v Mk dons or Stevenage
Buxton v Morecambe

ITV will show

Gateshead or Altrincham v Charlton
Rochdale or Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle

Salford City v Chesterfield
Boreham Wood v St Albans City

Knew we wouldn't get a look in.

Round 2 TV games confirmed as follows

Bbc will show

Yeovil v Mk dons or Stevenage
Buxton v Morecambe

ITV will show

Gateshead or Altrincham v Charlton
Rochdale or Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle

Salford City v Chesterfield
Boreham Wood v St Albans City

Knew we wouldn't get a look in.
Well I won’t be rushing to watch any of those I know round 2 isn’t glamorous but those games aren’t very interesting

Early rounds Salford, later rounds Man U, they are obsessed.
yet how many former FA cup winners, finalists and semi finalists are currently at L1 or L2 level ? ( lots is the answer) ... the powers that be should look beyond the formation of PL when deciding which FAcup early rounds to show live , not that they will , lazy bastards

With the Rovers replay falling in between massive League One away games against Ipswich & Wigan, and with two more league games coming up the following week, I suspect we'll be playing mostly a reserve side (and I can't say I'd argue with KR if he did).

Doesn't mean we can't win (it's very possible that Rovers will do the same, given that their schedule is equally as busy) but it likely does make the game a bit of a lottery.

So I don't plan on looking ahead until that tie is done and dusted.

Boreham Wood vs. St Albans is a bit of a random choice for ITV!?!
National League vs. National League South. I'm guessing this is the first time that Boreham Wood have ever been the 'giants' in a televised Cup tie!!

I guess it wasn't a very attractive draw for the TV, but still surprised that they didn't pick Rotherham United v Bolton Wanderers or Stockport County; that will either be a potential giant killing, or a game between two of the bigger names in the lower divisions.......

With the Rovers replay falling in between massive League One away games against Ipswich & Wigan, and with two more league games coming up the following week, I suspect we'll be playing mostly a reserve side (and I can't say I'd argue with KR if he did).

Doesn't mean we can't win (it's very possible that Rovers will do the same, given that their schedule is equally as busy) but it likely does make the game a bit of a lottery.

National League vs. National League South. I'm guessing this is the first time that Boreham Wood have ever been the 'giants' in a televised Cup tie!!

I guess it wasn't a very attractive draw for the TV, but still surprised that they didn't pick Rotherham United v Bolton Wanderers or Stockport County; that will either be a potential giant killing, or a game between two of the bigger names in the lower divisions.......

I'm not so sure. Barton must be under a good deal of pressure now. Winning a tricky cup tie would quickly relieve some of that. And I've no doubt he's confident enough to try.

No. It's the FA Cup.
He/they need to make up for fudging up on Sunday.
If they can`t manage 3 games in a week they might want to change careers.
And progress, with potential TV money, puts money in the bank.
First round proper winners(40)£22,629
Second round proper winners(20)£34,000
Third round proper winners(32)£82,000
Fourth round proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth round proper winners(8)£180,000
Quarter-final winners(4)£360,000
Semi-final winners(2)£900,000
Semi-final losers(2)£450,000
Final runners-up(1)£900,000
Final winners(1)£1,800,000

Back
Top Bottom