General Fans Forum 12/12/2022

Also have to say if it hasn’t already been mentioned when Barnsley got promoted out of L1 they were bottom at Christmas so anything is possible.
If our recruitment is good in January the optimism amongst fans will be evident especially big the results are more 3 points rather than 1.
And Blackpool were bottom four after around ten games then got it together and went on amazing run which was when we met them in the playoff semis. Men v Boys and KR promised we would get players in like that…….three years later we’re still waiting

And that is the crux of why he won't bring success. To stubborn to learn or admit errors.
The problem is, if we have a good second half the season with a lot of injuries returning, there will be little to back up the argument that the window was fundamentally poor. It will be viewed as back luck through injuries, not a poor window if the summer signings (Wildschut, Murphy, Baldock, Joseph) come good from Jan to May. Defensive signings have been solid and I've been impressed with Bate since he came back from his injury. The biggest issue I have is the lack of cover in certain positions but the quality of those that have been brought in has been good. The injury risk of some of the players is another story. FWIW, Bodin's availability has been far greater this season than I was expecting given his injury record which is a nice surprise.
Ultimately, KRs remaining stint at the club rests solely on the second half of this season. Unless playoffs are achieved, he will certainly be shown the door.

The problem is, if we have a good second half the season with a lot of injuries returning, there will be little to back up the argument that the window was fundamentally poor. It will be viewed as back luck through injuries, not a poor window if the summer signings (Wildschut, Murphy, Baldock, Joseph) come good from Jan to May. Defensive signings have been solid and I've been impressed with Bate since he came back from his injury. The biggest issue I have is the lack of cover in certain positions but the quality of those that have been brought in has been good. The injury risk of some of the players is another story. FWIW, Bodin's availability has been far greater this season than I was expecting given his injury record which is a nice surprise.
Ultimately, KRs remaining stint at the club rests solely on the second half of this season. Unless playoffs are achieved, he will certainly be shown the door.
I think Joseph has shown he was a good signing, we know Murphy on his day could be a good signing at this level but it’s whether he fancies it. Baldock is and always will be a risky signing and I’ll be shocked if he plays 10 games.
I agree, cover is very limited and is the main issue.
I’m not sure KR will be shown the door if we miss out on the play offs but only if we are very close to them and only just miss out.
Like you say, the 2nd half to the season is massive for KR.

Back
Top Bottom