iFollow Club Revolution

So again oversea supporter's get to watch more games than fans in the UK...

Not all fans can get to away games! Live overseas, you can see them all!
Hopefully just one more season, think the 3pm blackout has been retained for the upcoming season but there seems to be a push to drop it which I think they’re trying to coincide with when the sky deal ends.

On the plus side we can pretty much watch all midweek and the awkward to travel public bank holiday games.

Those that are really keen for Saturday 3pm can continue with the vpn route.

Hopefully just one more season, think the 3pm blackout has been retained for the upcoming season but there seems to be a push to drop it which I think they’re trying to coincide with when the sky deal ends.

On the plus side we can pretty much watch all midweek and the awkward to travel public bank holiday games.

Those that are really keen for Saturday 3pm can continue with the vpn route.
The 3pm blackout is so out dated.

I know that in the US, they geo block locally.

I.e OUFC could geoblock anyone trying to watch the game in Oxford.

Or just let people choose to watch it how they want? My 93 year old grandad would happily watch at home if I set it up for him but he won’t be coming to games unfortunately even though he only lives in Quarry.

It’s like if Tesco’s only excepted cash because that’s how it has always been, it’s outdated and been left behind.

Or just let people choose to watch it how they want? My 93 year old grandad would happily watch at home if I set it up for him but he won’t be coming to games unfortunately even though he only lives in Quarry.

It’s like if Tesco’s only excepted cash because that’s how it has always been, it’s outdated and been left behind.
Agreed, it’s definitely an outdated approach. Hopefully they’ll use the data during the Saturday 3pm kick offs we can legitimately watch to demonstrate that it won’t detriment the Saturday income at the stadium.

I’ve been banging the drum on this topic for years, so I can’t be arsed to do it again. I’m embarrassed that the entire EFL and it’s respective members can’t crack it.

It’s inevitable and by the time that football finally accepts it, and settles on a remotely fair and reasonable revenue model that protects in person attendance, it will have wasted a full decade or more for absolutely no reason.

I’ve been banging the drum on this topic for years, so I can’t be arsed to do it again. I’m embarrassed that the entire EFL and it’s respective members can’t crack it.

It’s inevitable and by the time that football finally accepts it, and settles on a remotely fair and reasonable revenue model that protects in person attendance, it will have wasted a full decade or more for absolutely no reason.
Presumably there are infrastructure requirements to broadcast:- cameras, operators, commentators, the stream to iFollow.

Talking about revenue sharing, the current model where it sounds like each club keeps the ticket revenues it sells obviously is going to mean Accrington lose out as I expect most of their fans live locally and attend matches, and they probably don't sell many iFollow tickets. So why bother with the expense of filming it?

One alternative is the collective deal like for tv money, where it all goes into one pot and then shared out equally in L1.

"
World Cup and International Break Weekend
There are a number of League One matches taking place during the World Cup, including fixtures on a Saturday 3pm. Clubs voted to make these fixtures available to stream.
"

So the December games Accy (A), Barnsley (H) and Sheff Wed (A), can all be streamed.

"
There are a number of League One matches taking place during the World Cup, including fixtures on a Saturday 3pm. Clubs voted to make these fixtures available to stream.
"

So the December games Accy (A), Barnsley (H) and Sheff Wed (A), can all be streamed.
Yep that’s what it looks like.

"
"

Why can they allow these to be streamed but not other Saturday 3pm fixtures?

Geoblock the City? The County? Oxon, Bucks, Berks? There in is the problem.........

Andy Holt just confirmed.
away match tickets. 95% goes to the home club and 5% commission to the away team for selling the tickets (presumably home team keeps 100% for any pay on the day away fans)
away i follow. 80% to the away team, 20% to the EFL.

Surely a no-brainer for the National League to allow clubs to broadcast games abroad if they wish with an iFollow style service.

Back
Top Bottom