International News Immigration

Very Telling that the Prittster could only get this through on a Ministerial direction. Even her own officials think it stinks to high heaven.
The more I read into this story, I’m starting to wonder if this is just more cronyism?
Hundreds of millions of pounds spent on a scheme that appears to all experts, including those in government, will simply not work.
It would be interesting to see who the contacts are handed out too, and what connections they have to the government?

The more I read into this story, I’m starting to wonder if this is just more cronyism?
Hundreds of millions of pounds spent on a scheme that appears to all experts, including those in government, will simply not work.
It would be interesting to see who the contacts are handed out too, and what connections they have to the government?
If Boris thinks it's a good idea, then of course a chum stands to make a killing from it.

Think I'll trust UNHCRs honesty and integrity above that of Johnson and Patel...both proven liars.

BBC News - UK Rwanda asylum plan against international law, says UN refugee agency

That will be the same UNHCR that created an arrangement to send Libyan refugees to...... um...

Hold on.....

Ah yes...... Rwanda, some 2,000 miles away.

And have been doing so since 2019 or so.

I suppose they are different refugees?

That will be the same UNHCR that created an arrangement to send Libyan refugees to...... um...

Hold on.....

Ah yes...... Rwanda, some 2,000 miles away.

And have been doing so since 2019 or so.

I suppose they are different refugees?

Difference being it is voluntary to go to Rwanda and if the asylum claim is accepted then they don't have to stay in Rwanda if they don't want to.

Difference being it is voluntary to go to Rwanda and if the asylum claim is accepted then they don't have to stay in Rwanda if they don't want to.

It's voluntary to get in dingy to cross the channel. France is safe, as are many of the other countries passed through.

Once established in Rwanda people can then follow the legal migration route wherever they chose to go.

Nothing wrong with migration or seeking asylum from persecution and nothing wrong with following the correct and legal routes.

And it seems Denmark plan to do the same for undocumented arrivals despite only receiving 1500 or so!

If it disrupts the people smugglers model then it has to be a good thing, and those "poverty-stricken young men" might think twice before handing over the £5-£10k fee.

It's voluntary to get in dingy to cross the channel. France is safe, as are many of the other countries passed through.

Once established in Rwanda people can then follow the legal migration route wherever they chose to go.

Nothing wrong with migration or seeking asylum from persecution and nothing wrong with following the correct and legal routes.

And it seems Denmark plan to do the same for undocumented arrivals despite only receiving 1500 or so!

If it disrupts the people smugglers model then it has to be a good thing, and those "poverty-stricken young men" might think twice before handing over the £5-£10k fee.

The Denmark plan hasn't actually started and from what I've read is also considered illegal but then is only for the processing, successful applicants would end up in Denmark (could be wrong though as it isn't absolutely clear).

Last edited:
The fact they've been stuffing the Civil Service with their chums for the last decade goes to show just how unpalatable this particular flight of fancy is.

2nd time in 30 years the powers have been used also says a lot.

This is all looking very "dead cat on table" given that a week ago refugee minister Lord Harrington said "If it's happening in the Home Office on the same corridor that I'm in, they haven't told me about it. But we're having difficulty enough getting them from Ukraine to our country – there's no possibility of sending them to Rwanda."
Now who would have thought a PM needing to distract from things would swiftly come up with a distraction.
A distraction that is apparently going to cost an initial £120million to house refugees in a place called Hope House which has 50 rooms. So its the very thinnest on veneer to make it look like they are "tough", but isn't really going to do anything, apart from cost a lot of money.
newFile-7.jpg
Turns out the current residents of the building, vulnerable survivors of the massacres in Rwanda were bussed out on a "day out" on the day Patel was shown around. Looks like they will be losing their home if all this is real.

Turns out the current residents of the building, vulnerable survivors of the massacres in Rwanda were bussed out on a "day out" on the day Patel was shown around. Looks like they will be losing their home if all this is real.
Don’t Denmark already do that?

Having seen in Oz the humanitarian travesty that offshore processing is, I can’t believe that the Uk version is worse: people whose applications are successful will stay in Rwanda!
Meanwhile the tories who have been criticising Rwanda for years are suddenly holding them up as a paragon of African civilised virtue.
Don’t trust a word they say - and as soon as one of them utters the slogan “stop the boats”, run and don’t stop running until you get to a ballot box.

Starmer on the telly this morning...... his 'priority' is 'cracking down on those criminal gangs' who put people in cross Channel small boats. Pressed on 'safe routes' processing centres: "The best place would be a country nearest where they are fleeing from".

You mean like Rwanda? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Home Office whistleblower saying there is an unofficial policy when processing Ukrainian visa requests to approve visas for all bar 1 child of a family. This means the stats for visas granted looks 'good' but the family won't actually come to UK because of the 1 child unable to travel.

Back
Top Bottom