Important stadium update for ALL OUFC fans

Thank you for your email about the council’s discussions with Oxford United Football Club.

I am writing to confirm that we have been working closely and constructively with the club since March to review the options available. In November we received a good deal of information from OUFC, and officers are currently reviewing and clarifying this information to enable us to make a decision about next steps.

We fully recognise the challenges facing OUFC and we are doing everything we can to help the club achieve a sustainable future. Discussions between the council and the club are continuing and we hope to be in a position to provide a more detailed update shortly.

As the county‘s only professional football league club, we know that Oxford United is close to the hearts of thousands of people across this county. OUFC has a long and distinguished history and is an integral part of the county’s heritage and presence. We are therefore working hard with OUFC to help the club secure a long-term home in the county and realise its vision for a world-class community sports hub.

Kind regards,

Liz

^ Exact same response for me, either they don't have time to, or don't want to, address individual points.

Similar to this presumably?

"Thank you for your email about the council’s discussions with Oxford United Football Club.

I am writing to confirm that we have been working closely and constructively with the club since March to review the options available. In November we received a good deal of information from OUFC, and officers are currently reviewing and clarifying this information to enable us to make a decision about next steps.

We fully recognise the challenges facing OUFC and we are doing everything we can to help the club achieve a sustainable future. Discussions between the council and the club are continuing and we hope to be in a position to provide a more detailed update shortly.

As the county‘s only professional football league club, we know that Oxford United is close to the hearts of thousands of people across this county. OUFC has a long and distinguished history and is an integral part of the county’s heritage and presence. We are therefore working hard with OUFC to help the club secure a long-term home in the county and realise its vision for a world-class community sports hub.

Kind regards,

Liz

Councillor Liz Leffman, Charlbury and Wychwood

Leader, Oxfordshire County Council"
Yes, exactly the same.

Hopefully it’s a sign of the sheer amount of letters and emails they’re receiving.

• React
Reactions: MJB
standard 'cut n paste' reply from Liz Lefferman .... and an 'out of office' response from Tim Bearder so far .....and nowt from the other County Council cabinet members as yet

standard 'cut n paste' reply from Liz Lefferman .... and an 'out of office' response from Tim Bearder so far .....and nowt from the other County Council cabinet members as yet
I have had the same response, plus Cllr. Gant.
I am looking forward to their "more detailed update shortly" with great anticipation.

Last edited:
I had the same response.
The more detailed response shortly will be interesting, but overall from what is said, they do seem to get it ( world class facilities, the only professional league club etc).
Here's hoping.
The other option ( council owned land)? Has anybody heard more about that?

Thanks Ox14, my email shall be sent tomorrow. Quite correct about your last sentence, I would very rarely if ever venture to Oxford if it wasn't for the Mighty Yellows.

As an exile myself, having been one for almost 30 years, I’ll be writing to explain how much exiles contribute to the Oxford economy when we come to support the yellows.

Having now started to bring my 5 year old to games it’s surprising how much I spend on my days out eg snacks, trip to soft play before football etc. Some of the extra spend (above ticket costs) is with OUFC but a significant portion goes to other Oxford businesses.

It would be interesting to know the non OUFC spend of Ox supporters on match days. A well designed complex will see additional spend from supporters both with OUFC and non OUFC businesses - an absolute Win / Win!!

As an exile myself, having been one for almost 30 years, I’ll be writing to explain how much exiles contribute to the Oxford economy when we come to support the yellows.

Having now started to bring my 5 year old to games it’s surprising how much I spend on my days out eg snacks, trip to soft play before football etc. Some of the extra spend (above ticket costs) is with OUFC but a significant portion goes to other Oxford businesses.

It would be interesting to know the non OUFC spend of Ox supporters on match days. A well designed complex will see additional spend from supporters both with OUFC and non OUFC businesses - an absolute Win / Win!!
When I go to the Breezeblock (made about half of home games most seasons, before KR Fatigue syndrome set in) I spend money in the the city, whether that be grabbing a coffee or beer before the game and food afterward. Often friends come along with me too. If it wasn't for Oxford United, I wouldn't be in the city at all.

Who quoted that and where?
Summary of new stadium thread. EC Yellow mentions it
There were lots of posts on this a couple of weeks ago on the new stadium thread ( which I can't find now)

Summary of new stadium thread. EC Yellow mentions it
There were lots of posts on this a couple of weeks ago on the new stadium thread ( which I can't find now)

Frieze farm? That's university owned not council and has been shot down as just a rumour by within the club.

Frieze farm? That's university owned not council and has been shot down as just a rumour by within the club.
Has it? Where was that shot down?
Noises from the club seemed to have changed a little from what I was reading.

Has it? Where was that shot down?
Noises from the club seemed to have changed a little from what I was reading.

Tim Williams did in his five minutes fan forum a couple of weeks ago and so did Niall when I asked him Saturday at the game.

Tim Williams did in his five minutes fan forum a couple of weeks ago and so did Niall when I asked him Saturday at the game.
Ah OK thanks.
Maybe it would have been a good thing to have had a 'plan B"

Got the same generic response.
Same here but would rather she spent time reviewing the information received from OUFC than drafting individual responses. Was a bit surprised that a lot of data had only been recently received by the cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom