What will happen to the Kassam stadium?

post it here then please!

"Planning permission will be granted for residential development, public open space and replacement community and/or sport and leisure facilities, and for commercial uses within the existing area of the Ozone Leisure Park only, on the Kassam Stadium and Ozone Leisure Park site. The football stadium should remain (unless it has been replaced elsewhere in Oxford or in proximity to Oxford). If the Kassam Stadium is replaced elsewhere and that part of the site becomes available for development, the minimum number of homes to be delivered is 275. Other complementary uses will be considered on their merits"

Unless oufc has a site for its stadium, I'm not sure OCC will grant planning. I'm sure sports England will have a say in this too.

I'm not convinced we will be out in 26.

Didn’t Us fans obtain a covenant type thingy years ago so the Kasstad can only be used for football? Presumably that can be ripped up when we leave or is it more complex?

Didn’t Us fans obtain a covenant type thingy years ago so the Kasstad can only be used for football? Presumably that can be ripped up when we leave or is it more complex?
No, that was an ACV (Asset of Community Value), which basically would have given notice had Kassam wanted to sell.

No, that was an ACV (Asset of Community Value), which basically would have given notice had Kassam wanted to sell.
isn't there also a sporting covenant on the ground unless an alternative site can be found?

Should be turned into a giant Sainsbury's with a road tunnel to Squitchey Lane and The Moors.

Back
Top Bottom