Kassam Stadium Hotel used to house refugees

How does FK benefit from this? Does he not simply charge Holiday Inn rent? The money from any room sales does to Holiday Inn?
I think that he is running it as a franchise of Holiday Inn. So pays them a franchise fee and uses their branding / website / booking system.
The company which I think owns the hotel at the Ozone is Firoka (Oxford Hotels) Limited/

Firoka (Oxford Hotels) Limited runs the Holiday Inn Express. Firoka (Priory Hotels) Limited runs the hotel next to the Ozone. Firoz Kassam is principle Director of both, so benefits directly from them both, which includes the use of taxpayers' money in this latest situation.

He is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart!

Firoka (Oxford Hotels) Limited runs the Holiday Inn Express. Firoka (Priory Hotels) Limited runs the hotel next to the Ozone. Firoz Kassam is principle Director of both, so benefits directly from them both, which includes the use of taxpayers' money in this latest situation.

He is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart!
Just had a look at the Firoka (Oxford) Dec 2021 accounts.
Note 6 they have made over £2M of charitable donations in the last 2 years!
Note 24 they had a prior period adjustment revaluing the stadium from depreciated cost of £9.3M to an investment property worth £29M!
Now that surely isn't based on a multiplier on rental income (see note 13), so I guess is some sort of market value of the land as developable? Perhaps one for another thread?

Booking.com is busy at the moment. They had it on their site on Wednesday because we have friends visiting who tried to book it!

So much repeated bile for the man who saved the club.
What about the shareholders who signed the contracts and approved the lease terms.
Saved the club, and condemned it to a life of servitude, while he got rich on the proceeds you mean!

Saved the club, and condemned it to a life of servitude, while he got rich on the proceeds you mean!
The club is still alive and has continued to attract new shareholders- they clearly do not share your view or hatred.
I’m hoping there positivity comes good and we can all move on .

Last edited:
How does FK benefit from this? Does he not simply charge Holiday Inn rent? The money from any room sales does to Holiday Inn?

As explained - its a brand franchise. Easy bucks. (y)

Whilst some may vehemently despise the man you can`t knock his business acumen, unless same people are just being petty because he didn`t pour in millions into the bottomless pit of a football club.

What really riles people is that he wins if we stay AND wins when we leave........... you can thank previous owners for that.

No good souring the milk that was spilt by crying into it........... :)

Funny, but rather sad .
What part of my post is “unreal”
The part that is "unreal" is your apparent support for a man who turned up at OUFC with one agenda, to make money for himself, and to do so any way, and at any cost to the club, that he could.

He didn't save the club out of any sense of altruism or love for football. He saw an opportunity and he took it. And he has continued to take it ever since, long after he'd made a substantial fortune out of the club, and always at the club's expense. He's been petty and vindictive in his dealings with the club ever since, and still is to this day. He's been a cancer in our club and we continue to fight with one hand behind our back because of this man.

So that's where the "bile" and "hatred" comes from. I would have had no problem with him making money out of the venture, as long as he'd done the right thing by the club, but he hasn't and continues to this day. And as far as your statement regarding the new owners views towards him, you couldn't be more wrong. Next you'll be telling us that the new owners should just be nice to him and make him a reasonable offer for the stadium and we'll all live happily ever after!

Also @Essexyellows it doesn't rile me that he "wins" if we leave, all I care about is the future of OUFC, and we can at last have one once we're free from this man's clutches. Although previous owners are not blameless for putting us in the predicament that opened the doors to Kassam, that doesn't make what he's done ever since right, and certainly doesn't earn him any admiration from me mate. If a girl walks home late at night alone and scantily clad that doesn't mean she deserves to be raped, the blame lays very clearly at the door of the rapist.

It's always bugged me when there have been those who have said that there's nothing to be gained by arguing with or insulting Kassam. Equally there is absolutely nothing to gain by blowing smoke up his ass!

He is a businessman and his sole aim has to make money, and in that he has been successful. But he has leeched that money out of anything and everything he can get his grubby hands on.

Fortunately we no longer have owners who need to go cap in hand to him, and he knows that the power has shifted. The sooner we are out and his name is no longer associated with our club the better.

Isn't he making a fortune ,using the stadium for COVID vaccinations ?????

Back
Top Bottom